What's new

Learning basics in UMK3:TE - Here's some ways to help you get started if you're new

REO

Undead
Hey guys, I've made videos to help newcomers get into UMK:3 TE and help players in general learn more about the game who are fairly new. There's a lot of depth behind UMK:3TE that a lot of players who do not play it will be oblivious to and I think it's great to help everyone in that regard. I just have three short simple videos now on some of the very core basics but will expand onto other areas as I have more time. I know the UMK:3 system can be very frustrating to get into and discouraging if you're a new player playing against players who are seasoned veterans and are familiar with the game's engine. Stick to the game, learn, practice, and rack up as much as experience as you can because UMK:3 TE is one of the most fun and enjoyable MK games to play at a high level! Hope you guys enjoy as there will be more videos to come that will add onto the series.

How The Jab System Works (Chapter 1)

How The Throw System Works (Chapter 2)

Basics on How to Rush Down And How To Defend (Chapter 3)

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you can never be thrown while you are holding back, is there ever a reason to not hold back while blocking?

Also, what if the opponent is holding back while doing a move, like a jab, are they still invulnerable to throws?

REO

Undead
So if you can never be thrown while you are holding back, is there ever a reason to not hold back while blocking
No. BUT many specials moves require you to hit inputs that do not include "back" so if you're Kabal trying to spin out of something, Nightwolf trying to shoulder, etc. etc. you will be vulnerable to being thrown. :)

Also, what if the opponent is holding back while doing a move, like a jab, are they still invulnerable to throws?
They will not be able to be thrown as long as back is being held during their move.

So xbox 360 sticks work on pc right? Which one should I get, the mk Klassic stick or the mk9 one? It doesn't have to be those. I just want a stick with that button layout

Last edited: