What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao Recap w/ Maximilian, "Lao's variants may be the biggest in the game" according to Boon

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Days ago when the news of Kung Lao dropped, Maximilian put out a video recapping all of the craziness surrounding his return to the franchise, including bits from a recent Ed Boon interview. In this video, Maximilian shows favor in the fact that NetherRealm Studios is evolving their characters and mentions how he wishes Capcom would do something similar. After all, how cool is "old man Kung Lao"?

In addition, Ed Boon was recently quoted saying that Kung Lao's variations may be the biggers variants in the game. Explaining that the jumps between Tempest, Buzz Saw and Hat Trick are seemingly pretty huge. Listen to all of this and more!

Attachments

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
If Skarlet wont make it, I will main him again. I've waited since MKII to pick him up again - its about time!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Dude, Skarlet has to make it, send those negative waves away lol i want her in, and with more complicated variations, and she has to be a hard to master high execution character again!
I hope both Skarlet and Cyber-Sub make a return in some fashion in this game.

Nothing I hate more than characters being newly created and introduced only to be throw out of the window immediately.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
With all of these variations I have a feeling that the corner meta in this game is going to be absolutely insane. No wonder stages give you the ability to jump out of it lol

F U Cunt Lao

Words can't express how much i HATE this jerk ..and now with the new moves and 3 variations its just great...as if he wasnt OP enough

Thanks alot netherrealm for putting him and kano..the 2 most annoying bastards in the game again...who's next ? Noob? Kabal? very dissapointing character reveals lately -____________-not even looking forward anymore to the others

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
F U Cunt Lao

Words can't express how much i HATE this jerk ..and now with the new moves and 3 variations its just great...as if he wasnt OP enough

Thanks alot netherrealm for putting him and kano..the 2 most annoying bastards in the game again...who's next ? Noob? Kabal? very dissapointing character reveals lately -____________-not even looking forward anymore to the others
#BirdLaoLives #Dealwithit

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
"What if this is the Original KUNG LAO who GORO killed 500 years ago and Shang, Quan, or an Elder God brings back to life?"

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
F U Cunt Lao

How do you know he will be "OP" in this brand new game? Jin was beyond OP in Tekken 4, and then mid tier at best in Tekken 5. That's one of a hundred examples. It's impossible to know who will be good and who won't be at this stage.

Also, I'm sure you'll be the ecstatic if a character you want to play is revealed, posting about how "you can't wait to get your hands on your new main" so please.

That Kung Lao.

trufenix

bye felicia
How do you know he will be "OP" in this brand new game? Jin was beyond OP in Tekken 4, and then mid tier at best in Tekken 5. That's one of a hundred examples. It's impossible to know who will be good and who won't be at this stage.

Also, I'm sure you'll be the ecstatic if a character you want to play is revealed, posting about how "you can't wait to get your hands on your new main" so please.

That Kung Lao.
Well, he also said Kung Lao in the same breath as Kano which is like a tier list oxymoron.

Whatever all i said is theyre the 2 most annoying in MK, thats MY opinion
He might not be OP again (wich i doubt) but he sure as hell will be annoying again, cause he always was
Shoulda just stayed dead

Last edited: