Kung Lao Ex Low Hat Senanigans

Discussion in 'Kung Lao' started by LaR, Apr 26, 2012.

1. LaR

LaR Noob

PSN:
    ooSMOKEoo

Here's some cool set ups using ex low hat in blockstrings and after combos.
    once you the get the hat spining in front of them they can't do much accept armor through it.
    if they they just stand there block and you can pressure them or throw them, after the throw you can combo them with the low hat for 25% damage mid screen or 41% in the corner.
    CamRac, Mr Bonana, ETC Mcfly and 6 others like this.
  2. KungLao's Shoes

KungLao's Shoes Premium Supporter Premium Supporter

the move is like a cut down version of akuma's ex air fireball
  3. FrothyOmen

FrothyOmen P! Premium Supporter

Steam:
    FrothyOmen
    I usually hate these image replies, but I honestly have no better way of explaining my emotions about those throw setups:

[​IMG]
    LaR and Iustinus like this.
  4. redeyes

redeyes Button Masher

didnt glue post a video about this awhile ago?
    Keep it moist likes this.
  5. Iustinus

Iustinus Noob

XBL:
    Jstn119311
    fuck kung lao
    FrothyOmen likes this.
  6. UsedForGlue

UsedForGlue Patience is the key. Premium Supporter

I did stuff with the :ex grind hat, which I have no labelled offically as ''Swag Hat''.

The stuff I done was only in practical terms, such as, after a knockdown from the overhead in a corner, or off a juggle combo (Same exact one Lar posted, the very last combo), it works very well, you just have to have the balls to attempt it, either way, its on the ground, its not going anywhere and you have control over it, and for allot of reasons, the opponent always respects the shit out of it.
    Zer0Hundr3d likes this.
  7. SunnyD

SunnyD 24 Low Hat!

At first i was like "cool"

Then at the minute mark my jaw dropped. You can change the angle of the hat by ducking? Genius!
  8. SwiftTomHanks

SwiftTomHanks missiles are coming

Awesome video man!
  9. gdf

gdf Noob

Nice, been looking for something like this for awhile.
  10. miloPKL

miloPKL soundcloud.com/pukelization

f4 should be overhead. it looks like an overhead. when you have grinding hat, KL loses all his overhead abilities. if you have cage crouch blocking a mid screen grind hat and you want to send him to the other side of the screen for zoning, you could f4. if you have someone stuck in the corner with grind hat and they are crouch blocking, you can f4. or, you know, throw them for 40% instead.
  11. 1man3letters

1man3letters OBS - Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator Staff Member Moderator Premium Supporter

very nice video man

i didnt know about changing the angle of the hat in that many ways,thats pretty cool.

that u mention armor is answer to counter most the setups,
    in some of the setups were the hat is coming from far away do u think mileena could roll under the hat not having to block it?
  12. LaR

LaR Noob

PSN:
    ooSMOKEoo
    haven't tested it but no she shouldn't be able to as long as you have the hat spining just outside fullscreen distance and you crouch it will hit mid on everyone. from that distance if you want you can just sit behind your hat and kill 8 seconds and there is feck all they can do lol.
  13. quandaghost

quandaghost kung lao swag walker

Man kung lao why you hat so godlike? So question is this something totally legit or is it a just a gimmick, i was trying to find ways to use the ex hat without feeling like i was squandering my meter, and this looks like the way to do it
  14. LaR

LaR Noob

PSN:
    ooSMOKEoo
    Its practical in some situations if your opponent has no meter/armor and is low on life, the only hard thing is setting it up.
    once you set it up and they have no meter there is nothing they can really do that is safe. They are taking minimum 9% if they try jump out or press a button if they do nothing you get a throw/combo mix up where the throw will take 25% damage or you could throw them keep the hat spinning dash up and blockstring them to build some of your meter back
  15. GrandMasterson

GrandMasterson Stryker is still alive in my heart

No, it shouldn't.

Nice video, Lar. EX low hat is Kung Lao's must underrated tool and I don't undetstand why the overwhelming amount of KL players don't use it.
    SunnyD likes this.
  16. ETC Mcfly

ETC Mcfly Noob

Nice men!!..
  17. SunnyD

SunnyD 24 Low Hat!

Emperor Shaolin uses it a fuckton to stop you from advancing with jumps or dashing in. Kinda like a super ice clone really.
  18. 1man3letters

1man3letters OBS - Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator Staff Member Moderator Premium Supporter

yea if it did it looked like it be super tight,ah well
  19. Mr Bonana

Mr Bonana Ua Ola I Ke Aloha

XBL:
    Mr Bonana
    I've been trying to incorporate ex low hats for my Kung Lao for awhile now....so much fun to use. Especially when your opponent has about 10% health left. Ex low hats pressure players so much that their eyes pop out of their heads :eek: