What's new

Kung Lao Ex Low Hat Senanigans

LaR

Noob

Here's some cool set ups using ex low hat in blockstrings and after combos.
once you the get the hat spining in front of them they can't do much accept armor through it.
if they they just stand there block and you can pressure them or throw them, after the throw you can combo them with the low hat for 25% damage mid screen or 41% in the corner.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
didnt glue post a video about this awhile ago?
I did stuff with the :ex grind hat, which I have no labelled offically as ''Swag Hat''.

The stuff I done was only in practical terms, such as, after a knockdown from the overhead in a corner, or off a juggle combo (Same exact one Lar posted, the very last combo), it works very well, you just have to have the balls to attempt it, either way, its on the ground, its not going anywhere and you have control over it, and for allot of reasons, the opponent always respects the shit out of it.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
At first i was like "cool"

Then at the minute mark my jaw dropped. You can change the angle of the hat by ducking? Genius!

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
f4 should be overhead. it looks like an overhead. when you have grinding hat, KL loses all his overhead abilities. if you have cage crouch blocking a mid screen grind hat and you want to send him to the other side of the screen for zoning, you could f4. if you have someone stuck in the corner with grind hat and they are crouch blocking, you can f4. or, you know, throw them for 40% instead.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
very nice video man

i didnt know about changing the angle of the hat in that many ways,thats pretty cool.

that u mention armor is answer to counter most the setups,
in some of the setups were the hat is coming from far away do u think mileena could roll under the hat not having to block it?

LaR

Noob
very nice video man

i didnt know about changing the angle of the hat in that many ways,thats pretty cool.

that u mention armor is answer to counter most the setups,
in some of the setups were the hat is coming from far away do u think mileena could roll under the hat not having to block it?
haven't tested it but no she shouldn't be able to as long as you have the hat spining just outside fullscreen distance and you crouch it will hit mid on everyone. from that distance if you want you can just sit behind your hat and kill 8 seconds and there is feck all they can do lol.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker

once you the get the hat spining in front of them they can't do much accept armor through it.
if they they just stand there block and you can pressure them or throw them, after the throw you can combo them with the low hat for 25% damage mid screen or 41% in the corner.
Man kung lao why you hat so godlike? So question is this something totally legit or is it a just a gimmick, i was trying to find ways to use the ex hat without feeling like i was squandering my meter, and this looks like the way to do it

LaR

Noob
Man kung lao why you hat so godlike? So question is this something totally legit or is it a just a gimmick, i was trying to find ways to use the ex hat without feeling like i was squandering my meter, and this looks like the way to do
Its practical in some situations if your opponent has no meter/armor and is low on life, the only hard thing is setting it up.
once you set it up and they have no meter there is nothing they can really do that is safe. They are taking minimum 9% if they try jump out or press a button if they do nothing you get a throw/combo mix up where the throw will take 25% damage or you could throw them keep the hat spinning dash up and blockstring them to build some of your meter back

Nice men!!..

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
No, it shouldn't.

Nice video, Lar. EX low hat is Kung Lao's must underrated tool and I don't undetstand why the overwhelming amount of KL players don't use it.
Emperor Shaolin uses it a fuckton to stop you from advancing with jumps or dashing in. Kinda like a super ice clone really.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
haven't tested it but no she shouldn't be able to as long as you have the hat spining just outside fullscreen distance and you crouch it will hit mid on everyone. from that distance if you want you can just sit behind your hat and kill 8 seconds and there is feck all they can do lol.
yea if it did it looked like it be super tight,ah well

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
I've been trying to incorporate ex low hats for my Kung Lao for awhile now....so much fun to use. Especially when your opponent has about 10% health left. Ex low hats pressure players so much that their eyes pop out of their heads :eek: