What's new

General/Other - Buzz Saw Kung Lao Buzzsaw Variation General discussion.

Varion

Noob
I am actually rendering it right now so it should be ready tonight. Would anyone be interested in individual videos showing punishes for individual characters/variations?
Being relatively new I'd love a video explaining Lao punishes and what that is

BRUTALITY

Banned
Guys would you help me compile a Kommunity Guide? i wanna do it for my
own benefit to have something to refer to while playing and so i can learn KL faster. I'd just need you guys to help pick and prune the bad info from what I collect. I could go ahead and do it today, the earlier we begin something like this the easier it is to stay on top of it

Varion

Noob
Yeah no problem I will do it with audio explaining the best I can.
Sweet basically any videos explaining things with Lao are gold to me right now

I kinda get footsies (like what it is) and blocking, idk what backlashes are and idk what the best wake up is.

F4tal

Noob
Sweet basically any videos explaining things with Lao are gold to me right now

I kinda get footsies (like what it is) and blocking, idk what backlashes are and idk what the best wake up is.
Backdash is simply running away but it cost you half your stamina. You can use it as a wake up which is incredibly good in my opinion. Basically your best wake up is either spin, ex spin, or back dash but you have to know when it's safe to use them.

YoShadowFiend

"I will not be so passive, in your demise."

nothing cray cray, just a little fun tidbit
Nice @Clark L.! I will definitely add this to my training regimen.

Also, what do you guys feel about D3 As a poke? I know it's plus on block but i feel like about time i recover, my opponent is already in neutral. i know it's special cancellable into low hat.

F4tal

Noob

Also, what do you guys feel about D3 As a poke? I know it's plus on block but i feel like about time i recover, my opponent is already in neutral. i know it's special cancellable into low hat.
It's solid. Not the best d3 but still solid and the range seems alright. I really like his d1

YoShadowFiend

yeah i figured, trying to compensate for Lao's lack of low starter strings but it's fine. overall goal here is too get someone to press buttons.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

It's actually not + on block, the game frame data is wrong.

Beach

La mejor playa
Quick question to those who are more knowledgeable than I, after I finish a mid screen combo with F14 how should I go about approaching them while they still are in the hard knockdown? This has definitely been my weakest part of play online so far and it's normally where my opponent escapes pressure.

Edit: Also how should I go about punishing the people who just mash D1/3/4 I haven't been able to blow that up either.

YoShadowFiend

It's actually not + on block, the game frame data is wrong.
Ah, i had a feeling. No wonder i can't really get anything going after that. at best, it's probably 0 or +1.

Quick question to those who are more knowledgeable than I, after I finish a mid screen combo with F14 how should I go about approaching them while they still are in the hard knockdown? This has definitely been my weakest part of play online so far and it's normally where my opponent escapes pressure.

Edit: Also how should I go about punishing the people who just mash D1/3/4 I haven't been able to blow that up either.
i wouldn't finish my bnbs with that, bout time you go back to neutral you won't have time for a meaty. just focus on pushing them to the corner with 2,1 or b212+4 ender.
just block it, they are usually negative on block and you can begin your offense but put them in a position where if they d1 or whatever frame trap them punish them heavy for it. like a delay f2+4

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
Yes you are going to have to practice hitting block before the B32. The best way to practice this is to simply just run cancel without doing combos so you can get familiar with the cancel range.
Can't you just cancel the run by inputting the next string? Or you MUST press block first? I thought any input cancels a run...

Cool trick against kung Lao buzzsaw, make his hat whiff, you literally can sit at full screen and it disappears for a decent period of time, helps zone his ass out, it's really weird.

coolwhip

Noob
Cool trick against kung Lao buzzsaw, make his hat whiff, you literally can sit at full screen and it disappears for a decent period of time, helps zone his ass out, it's really weird.
Yeah when his hat whiffs he loses access to it for a while, which means he can't do b2, low hat, straight hat, or even spin. Basically any move involving a hat. From certain distances, it might be a better idea to actually rush him down when he loses the hat since you don't have to worry about spin/ex spin or whatever. Even his j2 changes.

coolwhip

Noob
What strings are the best/safest when you are trying to keep pressure on someone?
Well, 1 1 is neutral on block, so technically it's the safest. But most strings can be canceled into low hat to make them safe-ish (against most characters at least), or ex low hat if you want to be plus on block.

When talking about block strings, the strings you want to use are 1 1 (off of a jump in mainly, because standing 1 is a high), F21, F23 (careful as the second hit is backdashable and can be armored through) and b321.