• Only gimps play Kung Lao Brah!

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • Where's my 24 Low Hat?

Votes: 85 76.6%

• Total voters

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Any use for the B+33 string?
Low starter, hard to HC, but really good for blowing up sweeps and d4's i find. Then again, you can spin those but B33 is less risky. I also like to use it after a crossover jip, i find most people arent conditioned to block low against KL after that.

But anyone of any skill should be duckblocking KL anyways, shuts down alot of his pressure options and his overheads are quite easy to fuzzy block and read (he grabs his hat)

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Any use for the B+33 string?
Not essentially, as it shouldn't be used in high level play.

But, what you can do is, use B33 on block, as its -8, so not many people can punish it, and use the +8 on hit for another string, you could Dial in all three hits of B333, as the last hit won't come out unless it actually combos, and then hit confirm into :ex Hat.

But that's really stretching, as far as making it legit, so I guess you could use it on opponents that can't punish it.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
b33~spin for CSZ parry whiff? Its so annoying to bait one only to eat the next. Yeah I know its my crappy timing. :)

Oh yeah whats his best current no meter corner BnB?

Daniel Aiden

Unknown-Member31
hello to everyone, my name is Daniel. I played mk9 when game was released and now i started playing again ( new accout and so ) but i have some problems and i need your advices . Kung lao was my main character and that will not change. I read that he got patched, no more low hat after 2 4 , no more d4 low hat but that's not a problem . the problem is how to get to your opponent and maintain pressure ?
teleport , EN teleport = d2 , jip = d2, without jip 1121 = d2 , 1121 in block + d4 ( hit ) = d2 when you advance for next pressure string . So, how you get in ? dash block like cage ? how you maintain pressure and how to avoid that annoying uppercut ? it seems that everyone just wait for your mistake now and you find them fullscreen away throwing fireballs and wait to punish you . thanks in advance :(

Death

Noob
hello to everyone, my name is Daniel. I played mk9 when game was released and now i started playing again ( new accout and so ) but i have some problems and i need your advices . Kung lao was my main character and that will not change. I read that he got patched, no more low hat after 2 4 , no more d4 low hat but that's not a problem . the problem is how to get to your opponent and maintain pressure ?
teleport , EN teleport = d2 , jip = d2, without jip 1121 = d2 , 1121 in block + d4 ( hit ) = d2 when you advance for next pressure string . So, how you get in ? dash block like cage ? how you maintain pressure and how to avoid that annoying uppercut ? it seems that everyone just wait for your mistake now and you find them fullscreen away throwing fireballs and wait to punish you . thanks in advance :(
Hey Daniel

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
If they are uppercutting then you should use more spin or let them whiff then punish. 21 punishes pretty hard

If they are uppercutting then you should use more spin or let them whiff then punish. 21 punishes pretty hard
ducking uppercut and punishing it is the safest way. kung lao players have to spin if people get poke happy but there are good options kung lao can use before he has to resort to that risk. some of them are:

if you think they will poke between 21 pressure, you can do 21212 string to hit them, this is hitconfirmable into spin. kung lao's d3 is 9 frames but if you get 24/21 on hit they have to respect your d3 because it will be faster. once they respect that, they will keep blocking after 21 on hit, which grants you another 21/24/1121. 21/24 on hit grants you a free standing 3 as well, which is basically free 2% chip or they can get for 7% I believe, in the corner if you hit them with 21/24 you will be able to use your advantage to its fullest because after 24/21 on hit in the corner you can follow up with standing 3 and if that hits you will get another free standing 3 because its +4 on hit. once the opponent is aware of this, you can do all your regular strings more often because they will respect you a little bit more.