What's new

Match Footage Krayzie Manhunter

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Simple thread.

I will post footage of myself in tournament, and you guys help me figure out my match-ups because I don't know any of them at this point... lol

In return? I will try and be the best Martian player I can be. I've been looking for top Martians in tournament and its so hard to find any footage. Leaving Catwoman was one of the hardest things I could do, but I have been playing all MMH for at least 12 days so far!

Anyway. First lets diagnose Batman!

Sami

Noob
1) Press 4.
2) I don't think there's any character that can start putting Batman into setups when Batman is at neutral frames (Zod maybe?). From what I've seen with MMH he reminds me a bit of Lex - the opponent needs to be disabled in some way to give you a breather to start the setups, whether this be in a juggle state or knocked down.
3) Press 4. While you still risk getting hit with bat grapple, your trait will counter most of Batman's attempts at getting in. Even if you just end up trading with the bats it's shut down his advance.
4) More yolo teleports.

you have a safe teleport and dint use it, but you did the unsafe low alot without it being punished so y change it up now :REO

there are hundreds tools you are not using at all and your not capitalizing from your orbs and ending your pressure off of one block string. just level up, it looks like you have a long ways to go

this seems like a bad match to have people judge you on. I watched the archive last week and you played much better in other matches. Just looks like you lost 2-0 to pressure/nerves here.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
this seems like a bad match to have people judge you on. I watched the archive last week and you played much better in other matches. Just looks like you lost 2-0 to pressure/nerves here.
No nerves. I just didn't know any match-ups.

I actually learned a lot these past few days. Hopefully I can get something going this Thursday at Super Arcade.

MMH deserves some tournament love. I don't see much representation for some reason even though hes such a good character.

Espio

Kokomo
Krayzie

Most everyone has already covered what I wanted to add, but more usage of trait as an equalizer will help check Batman, especially jumping and the like with trait 3. I didn't really see any overhead teleports at all.

Careful with low grabs since you were getting consistently punished and didn't really open him up with them either.

I like to mix in the complete string of 2,2,2 because of the overhead properties plus it grants a hard knockdown and opens your opponent up to low grab since you're conditioning them to block high and the last hit of 2,2,2 is minus four so it's safe.

I guess the main thing I'm getting at is really mixing up/diverging when you go for low grabs and other mix ups, more sparing usage. MB orbs in pressure (ex 2,2 MB orb) can be useful for helping with mix ups/chip or to slow people down and get some breathing room to zone or bait a reaction from Batman like a projectile which you can punish with overhead teleport if you scout it for big damage.

It just takes time and match up experience so be patient and keep at it.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Krayzie

Most everyone has already covered what I wanted to add, but more usage of trait as an equalizer will help check Batman, especially jumping and the like with trait 3. I didn't really see any overhead teleports at all.

Careful with low grabs since you were getting consistently punished and didn't really open him up with them either.

I like to mix in the complete string of 2,2,2 because of the overhead properties plus it grants a hard knockdown and opens your opponent up to low grab since you're conditioning them to block high and the last hit of 2,2,2 is minus four so it's safe.

I guess the main thing I'm getting at is really mixing up/diverging when you go for low grabs and other mix ups, more sparing usage. MB orbs in pressure (ex 2,2 MB orb) can be useful for helping with mix ups/chip or to slow people down and get some breathing room to zone or bait a reaction from Batman like a projectile which you can punish with overhead teleport if you scout it for big damage.

It just takes time and match up experience so be patient and keep at it.
Can you get a B3 if they get hit by a red orb after a blocked 22? or what is the highest damage after that?

(Just wondering cause I'm too lazy to turn my 360 on right now...) lol

Espio

Kokomo
Can you get a B3 if they get hit by a red orb after a blocked 22? or what is the highest damage after that?

(Just wondering cause I'm too lazy to turn my 360 on right now...) lol
Yeah, you can do a back 3 combo after an up close MB orb on hit. Although people usually never try to attack/poke after a 2,2 so I'm not 100% sure, but I don't see why it wouldn't since you're in the same range for back 3 to hit as you would be and the up close MB orb hit otherwise.

I'm not sure what the highest damage is, but something simple I do off of it is:

MB orb, back 3, jump 3, regular teleport, 2,2 push/phase charge for 27%, I usually just got for what I can land consistently and easily. Check the stickied bnb thread for more combos.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I forgot about this thread. With that said, here are more of my matches. Although, I was super sick with a fever on this one.

I'll give Martian a go today again. I think its just all about getting comfortable with him. I think its the whole being lame with him that is getting to me, since I'm used to getting in with my characters, even with Cyrax back in the day.

Uhhh grind out the character like everyone else one and stop asking for attention?
Don't post in here again if you aren't trying to be helpful. This is as blunt as I will be.

lol dat title tho
I regret not naming it, "SuperManhunter."

But the question is... "Is it better than my twitch title?" :D

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Also, if you guys are wondering. I switched to Superman because you have to think really hard with Martian sometimes and my mind was going to explode that day from the fever I had... With Superman you can shut your brain down for a bit... lol

"This stream is Krayzie!"?

Also, when do you start playing MMH? I thought you were all about those scratches?
After NEC. And I plan to use both of them.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I forgot about this thread. With that said, here are more of my matches. Although, I was super sick with a fever on this one.

I'll give Martian a go today again. I think its just all about getting comfortable with him. I think its the whole being lame with him that is getting to me, since I'm used to getting in with my characters, even with Cyrax back in the day.

Don't post in here again if you aren't trying to be helpful. This is as blunt as I will be.

I regret not naming it, "SuperManhunter."

But the question is... "Is it better than my twitch title?" :D

Uhh telling you to grind out the match ups and stop attention whoring is my advice aka my way of helping..there is a metric fuckload of setups/combos/tech in the mmh forum...go look at it..learn the basics..then maybe make a thread like this after you've got a lot of that down

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Uhh telling you to grind out the match ups and stop attention whoring is my advice aka my way of helping..there is a metric fuckload of setups/combos/tech in the mmh forum...go look at it..learn the basics..then maybe make a thread like this after you've got a lot of that down
To begin, this is a video critique thread, and I was already helped plenty on a thread that was started on the 23rd of December.

Like I said, you have nothing truly constructive to say, so please don't post here again.

Espio

Kokomo
Also, if you guys are wondering. I switched to Superman because you have to think really hard with Martian sometimes and my mind was going to explode that day from the fever I had... With Superman you can shut your brain down for a bit... lol

After NEC. And I plan to use both of them.
I was going to say you almost had it and you gave up too early in the set with him, but if you felt mentally overwhelmed from being sick familiarity with another character is understandable.

I'm assuming since you did a regular pillar at the end that you meant to do a MB pillar to close out the match since he jumped, but got regular close pillar instead.

I haven't gotten to play the Zod match up much myself.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I was going to say you almost had it and you gave up too early in the set with him, but if you felt mentally overwhelmed from being sick familiarity with another character is understandable.

I'm assuming since you did a regular pillar at the end that you meant to do a MB pillar to close out the match since he jumped, but got regular close pillar instead.

I haven't gotten to play the Zod match up much myself.
Man, that's exactly what happened to me... Damn pillar! lol

You know that feeling you get, when a match is super close and you get sort of a rush? Well... I sort of got that there while I had a fever... lol So I switched to Clark Kent.

Needs moar Cyborg. :p

why did you drop him!?!
Honestly, hes my favorite Titan. I was trying to figure out how to pick him up again, but I don't know what match-ups hes even good for though. Martian sort of covers a huge amount of them... lol

Rofl you deleted my post saying "thats your opinion man"? Tym police state here we come!
Bro, I asked you to stop posting here, and I'm a really nice guy. But I will give you an infraction if you don't stop. You're getting obnoxious.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Ohh so I get it..its like "hey guys help me..but don't give me any constructive criticism that I don't want to hear... otherwise ill delete your posts and give you an infraction".

Maybe me saying that you were attention whoring was rude...so sorry, if that got under your skin.. but if you want to delete my posts and give me an infraction just because I didnt coddle you in your own thread, go ahead..a true testament to some of the admins here

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Ohh so I get it..its like "hey guys help me..but don't give me any constructive criticism that I don't want to hear... otherwise ill delete your posts and give you an infraction".

Maybe me saying that you were attention whoring was rude...so sorry, if that got under your skin.. but if you want to delete my posts and give me an infraction just because I didnt coddle you in your own thread, go ahead..a true testament to some of the admins here
Constructive criticism isn't, "Lol get better and videos brah." Krayzie already understands the basics of MMH, he's asking for advice based on the footage he's providing, which you won't find in a general tech or MU thread.