What's new

Question - Kotal Kahn Kotal vs shinock

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
Kotal can handle pretty much all cast but shinock gives me the most trouble. I can't for the life of me fight a shinock. I get zoned pretty hard. Any tips ?

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
It's a tough matchup. Honestly there are 3 characters in this game I just won't use kotal: Lao, Shinnok, and HQT. Just feels like I'm at such a disadvantage, his other bad mu's I feel I can handle, but for those I just use kano or jin.

ShanxterX

Both boneshaper and impostor are really bad , I spend the whole game trying to get in and avoid the constant ground sparks . Obviously can't jump or I ll eat stupid sparks . Only way I get in if I run in and ex overhead sword on a read . Really tough for kotal :(

ShanxterX

It's a tough matchup. Honestly there are 3 characters in this game I just won't use kotal: Lao, Shinnok, and HQT. Just feels like I'm at such a disadvantage, his other bad mu's I feel I can handle, but for those I just use kano or jin.
I enjoy fighting Lao with kotal. Never had a problem with him

Generalbit

I enjoy fighting Lao with kotal. Never had a problem with him
That makes one of us. With lao it feels like I'm nonstop baiting the spin. If I do anything other than 114 or b1 I get option select spin reversal punish. Nothing I can do after b122, b12, f1b2, d4, f34 or b14 will save me from the spin. Unless i do oh sword after f34 or b122, but then I get punished normally. In my personal and probably incorrect opinion i view lao v kotal as a 7-3 lao. If anyone has a different way to play the matchup where they don't have a problem plz lmk

ShanxterX

That makes one of us. With lao it feels like I'm nonstop baiting the spin. If I do anything other than 114 or b1 I get option select spin reversal punish. Nothing I can do after b122, b12, f1b2, d4, f34 or b14 will save me from the spin. Unless i do oh sword after f34 or b122, but then I get punished normally. In my personal and probably incorrect opinion i view lao v kotal as a 7-3 lao. If anyone has a different way to play the matchup where they don't have a problem plz lmk
Nah I think it is a 5-5 and I fought pretty good Laos. You just gotta mix up you pressure non stop and bait that spin. When Laos get overwhelmed they will wake up spin guaranteed .

Generalbit

Nah I think it is a 5-5 and I fought pretty good Laos. You just gotta mix up you pressure non stop and bait that spin. When Laos get overwhelmed they will wake up spin guaranteed .
I don't know what lao's ur playing, but I wish I could fight those.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
it's a bad MU, all I can tell you is just try to make most of every touch.

unlike shinnok, kotal has good damage, try to make the most of it and punish everything.

also blood god helps: he does insane damage and can survive full screen better.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Shinnok*

His name is right there on the screen. I always wonder how people continue to misspell names they've seen thousands of times at this point.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Shinnok*

His name is right there on the screen. I always wonder how people continue to misspell names they've seen thousands of times at this point.
It's ShinCock*

I honestly think BG and WG are the only decent picks for this matchup, BG has best counterzone shenanigans (obsidian totem, healing, etc.) and WG has the best offense.