What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn patch findings

I agree these parry into combo videos need to stop. I feel the parry is great for projectiles but making a hard read on an opponents string..please...there will be only one Diago.
Blood offering however, I feel is much more viable in SG Kotal than any other variation as he can now power up to full SG level for a bar. He can then cash out and gain back the health he just sacrificed. Again this is situational but much more realistic then throwing out a parry reversal.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
Parry as a read against moves in neutral or wakeup is barely affected. The only thing the buff affects is gaps of strings to specials and those are already known.

It makes very little difference whether you do a yolo parry to catch x/y normal with a 4f or 1f one.
Whether barely or little difference, it's still a difference.
One which may explain nausea's recent success with it compared to your experience.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Whether barely or little difference, it's still a difference.
One which may explain nausea's recent success with it compared to your experience.
I watched the video. In the context of throwing it out there in anticipation it will make a difference in one out of 100 parries in which case the 3f difference would've made you lose. That's way too little of a difference to matter in the grand theme and use behind the parry, which isn't just yolo.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I agree these parry into combo videos need to stop. I feel the parry is great for projectiles but making a hard read on an opponents string..please...there will be only one Diago.
Blood offering however, I feel is much more viable in SG Kotal than any other variation as he can now power up to full SG level for a bar. He can then cash out and gain back the health he just sacrificed. Again this is situational but much more realistic then throwing out a parry reversal.
Well if you consider the fact you can parry a 1 hit wakeups like sub-zeros Ex slide with just a regular parry and get a 54% 1 bar punish or 47% no bar punish then ye we really should be considering set ups and wake up baits with the parry.

mattnin

Noob
I really believe that parry can be setup. My favorite time of course is using parry as a wake up and my opponent is running some combo on me. I always just go for the d2 after successful parries here but truthfully, I need to lab and really just go into a combo string. I bet most here agree, we're just not used to having a good parry to work with. Now, we have a good parry.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I really believe that parry can be setup. My favorite time of course is using parry as a wake up and my opponent is running some combo on me. I always just go for the d2 after successful parries here but truthfully, I need to lab and really just go into a combo string. I bet most here agree, we're just not used to having a good parry to work with. Now, we have a good parry.
BIG DAMAGE AFTER PARRY 52% plus. you can test on sub-zero ex slide for lab purposes if you set A.I to wake up ex slide on a knock down. So reg parry immediate 114 exDF1 F2 S1 B14 DB2 enjoy

Well if you consider the fact you can parry a 1 hit wakeups like sub-zeros Ex slide with just a regular parry and get a 54% 1 bar punish or 47% no bar punish then ye we really should be considering set ups and wake up baits with the parry.
Baiting a wake up is different than parrying an entire string. Parrying a wake up is a tactic I can see being used on good reads. I was just referring to the parrying of complete strings which I think is a stretch.

mattnin

Noob
Parry buffs just the first hit, correct? Or does it buff the first few seconds? What is the strongest combo starter after a parry that we should work on?