Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

Hated Greatness

Super Villain
I suggest to play Blood God at first if you plan on maining Kotal. It'll teach you all his fundamentals and combos. Do that for a good long while and stick with it good or bad and really try to make BG good. Then pick up War God and you'll be pretty much badass.
Really. I honestly have even tried the other variations. Then again, all I've done is try and get some combos down from the combo thread and towers. I will start Blood God tonight.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I would agree with you if NRS knew how to properly design anything. As of right now his EX Command grab can make contact with the opponent but during certain moves and specials it fails to go into full animation, basically just a one bar whiff that didn't really whiff. If this was a rare occurrence or character specific I probably wouldn't mind. But this happens A LOT.
yeah there's way too much throw immunity and low profiling bullshit going on in this game

it's fucking annoying

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Its the reason why I stopped playing sun god. So many moves cause his sun choke to whiff, its crazy. I'm not sure if any of the other command throws in the game have that issue.
Jason's have the same issue, as well. I haven't really played anyone else with a command grab, besides Jason.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It's the same for all command grabs, it's just that Goro's is too fast for anyone to have a hope of reacting to it so it's rare he'll have that issue.

I've had his grab whiff completely off a crouch blocking Kitana though.

FrozenSun

Just a miserable pile of secrets.
Wasn't hoping for buff but that's cool I'll take it ! Might replay Sun God for the lulz and even try Blood God for some totem love. But War God is still the most fun variation to play for me.

But while you are talking about whiffing moves do you have problem with B1? Supposed to be a fast (i9/10) mid hitting move so I was really hyped since it leads to a cool mix up in war god but this move is whiffing on crouch opponent at some range for some reasons ...
Anybody else having trouble with that? Could be a really good move but this crap is really ruining it !

Bullshi... I mean PC version btw.

I would agree with you if NRS knew how to properly design anything. As of right now his EX Command grab can make contact with the opponent but during certain moves and specials it fails to go into full animation, basically just a one bar whiff that didn't really whiff. If this was a rare occurrence or character specific I probably wouldn't mind. But this happens A LOT.
Agreed, I have that problem too and it's especially frustrating when you EX the command grab and blow a bar of meter for absolutely nothing when you clearly should have connected the grab. Was happening to me yesterday against Liu Kang...

Orangutan

WutanOrangutan
Guys does anyone know if they've changed kotal's hitbox on his d4 ? From what i understand he is capable of ducking under some mids and jump in punches by timing a d4. It's odd, i've been in practice and I can't seem to get under the opponent's JIPs nearly as effectively as before. I dunno it could just be certain character's JIPs that can be evaded by his d4, any thoughts ?

@Qwark28 Saw your Kotal D4 thread dude

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Guys does anyone know if they've changed kotal's hitbox on his d4 ? From what i understand he is capable of ducking under some mids and jump in punches by timing a d4. It's odd, i've been in practice and I can't seem to get under the opponent's JIPs nearly as effectively as before. I dunno it could just be certain character's JIPs that can be evaded by his d4, any thoughts ?

@Qwark28 Saw your Kotal D4 thread dude
Nothing has changed. It still low profiles everything it used to.

Lanqu

Noob
+1. Played yesterday against Lu and burned lots of meter while he was just duck poking me. Very unreliable to escape the pressure.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If only blood offering wasn't so gimmicky, sun god gets damage in the 70s from a 2 bar bnb off of F32 in the corner.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If only blood offering wasn't so gimmicky, sun god gets damage in the 70s from a 2 bar bnb off of F32 in the corner.
the only drawback to bane being good is the fact that they went out of their way to avoid putting him in another game

#pleasebuff

PC finally got the latest patch. Obsidian totem was great before but now its amazing. All they need to do is fix blood totem so all attacks take opponent meter , fix air takedown and sun choke from whiffing under odd circumstances.

Last edited:

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
So I was messing around with Sun God and have to ask. Is this even a grappling character? I see no good tick grabs, and d1 of b12 into grab will whiff and get me full combo punished if the opponent doesn't block.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Yes, but we never said he was a good grappler. But it's a risk you have to make a read on, condition your opponent before you start trying to tick throw. Also d3

Last edited:

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
So I gotta ask, as a War God Main with a friend who has been interested in Blood God forever, did Blood God's totems get fixed to an effective point where they are now usable and worth it like the Vampire totem?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
So I gotta ask, as a War God Main with a friend who has been interested in Blood God forever, did Blood God's totems get fixed to an effective point where they are now usable and worth it like the Vampire totem?
NRS didn't fix blood totem but it works better, you get more meter when it expires if you do something. maybe next patch they'll make it work as intended

Yes, but we never said he was a good grappler. But it's a risk you have to make a read on, condition your opponent before you start trying to tick throw. Also d3
i don't think I'd classify any grapplers in this game as good. Huuuge step backwards from Injustice in my opinion