What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 23 with Death

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
People do not know how to approach Freddy. Trust me. That is why some match ups seem 7:3 in his favor. At the highest level of play, very few gloves should ever be blocked half a screen away or further. People have to learn to crouch-block and release block on reaction when they see Freddy toss a glove and then dash forward. Getting in can still be difficult if the Freddy player knows how to zone at a high level, but reacting to the zoning properly limits Freddy's meter building and chip damage. I will make a video soon demonstrating how all this works.
5-5 imo

Maxter

Noob
Sektor and Cyrax are both great characters but let's not kid ourselves.....Cyrax is better than sektor. And look at all these sektor players coming out of the woodwork.....I wish I never traveled to tournys.....

And i know I'm going to be alone on this because of reo....but the sektor vs kabal matchup is 6-4 in kabals favor
See this, you told me yourself in that room at final round that you weren't very experienced with the cyrax matchup, sektor 6,4 cyrax and maybe better, cyrax cant do much about sektor's pressure from close or long ranged, i've played some of the best cyrax with my sektor and they cant do a thing, if you didn't beat me that night was because the lack of experience on the fight and thats why people think cyrax is a beast, i don't think he is garbage he is still a pretty solid character, look at my fight with blackula at flawless victory, and then see what happens when a less experienced kenshi with more experience on the cyrax fight play against my cyrax and beat me, why because he knows cyrax holes and how to approach the fight, im talking about reo's kenshi btw, i'm not saying he has a better kenshi than blackula but he dances over my bombs and nets with any char, so does cd jr, CD riu48 etc, ask darth armas how they made him feel when they both eliminated him at wcg, lol he told me wtf, daamn i cant do shit with my cyrax they know this char too much, sektor is way better than cyrax i've been using both chars since the beginning of this game and everyone on this house and most vsm guys agree.

just look back at NEC we had the best cyrax in the country including krazie bones, black mamba, j360, darth armas, reythegreat, winterwarz, oneboxy robot, and many others, there were like 15 cyraxes in total, who eliminated most of them? people who knew how to beat the crap out of him, ask neo russel how many he eliminated and who eliminated him twice on winners and then losers, it was me btw, why? i know the kitana matchup too much, and i also know the sektor matchup too much and for a sektor to beat my cyrax and viceversa they most have the same knowledge i have in both fight

ask CD jr and REO who they think is better of the too they will give you the right answer, still everyone has their opinion and i can't fight against it.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
No it was not, Gamecube was awful

Just like the n64 it had major hardware limitations and 3rd party development issues that hindered its longevity

All opinion but im sorry - ill pull out some tissues for your wet eyes out of my newly reconstructed gamecube that now serves as a tissue holder

Mini disc? GTFO

Unlock more out of your games you purchase by buying a Nintendo DS? Ugh

Did you know only way to play multiplayer in final fantasy on gamecube was to own 2 nintendo DS?
its all about the games, the gamecube had an extensive library of games that were just fun as hell, the mario titles for it were godlike :)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I think Cyrax's problem in the Sektor match up is Sektor's tiny block-crouching hitbox. Almost all of Cyrax's pokes whiff. As does the command throw. LOL. Too funny.

Maxter

Noob
I think Cyrax's problem in the Sektor match up is Sektor's tiny block-crouching hitbox. Almost all of Cyrax's pokes whiff. As does the command throw. LOL. Too funny.
Even the command grab whiffs on crouch blocking lol sektor hitbox is godlike, his hitbox is what really makes him a good char besides his mid and long range game

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
what pokes miss sektor? cyrax's d4 still hits for obvious reasons, d3 still works, f2 still works, a bunch of sektors normals miss cyrax too, they have the same issue against each other

I just want to say, I'm not doubting people that claim to fight X or Y high level players playing certain characters. But maybe, that match-up is not in your favor because both of you are becoming used to each others style of play and not the actual character?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Death: A money match huh ? Unfortunately i probably wont be attending EVO, i really wanted to see what your Sonya can do. I only mentioned Foxy simply because YOU brought it up. Yeah i played him last summer, but we both werent even close in the level we are today and yet he had a hell of a time winning a match with his Cage. As for Jax, Sonya and Cage MU's what you failed to mention is that i always considered these MU's as even too whenever i discussed about them. I know its for hype what you said in the KTP but next time say the whole story. Do not underestimate me m8 really.

Post edited.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Sektor beats cyrax 5.5, 4.5.

This is not because mustard has fought me so much. Mustard has beat a lot of sektors that play differently to me. I mean a LOT, not going to name names. I have made numerous write ups about why this match up is the way it is. If you don't believe, that's too bad. Because a lot of problems people are going on about are not sektor specific.

7,3 is ridiculous.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I like you Death, you seem like a cool guy, but don't underestimate anyone, thats the biggest mistake you can possibly make, not only is it disrespectful, but its a turn off, thats what will ruin you in the end up.

Especially if you do that to Metzos. He will give your footsies a workin...D4 MS won't mean shit to him man if you can't get near him.

Even I can work F0xy with Ermac when he is Sonya, and I have a pocket Ermac at best.

Just sayin...

Great Podcast once again, the Sektor blow up song is fucking rad.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
he's your only top player to my knowledge, once i take him out with my kenshi then what? even if i wasn't in it Pboard, Mosp and Xblades could easily regulate
This podcast says Tyrant bodied an entire region (west coast). I don't follow the west coast tournaments very much, but if there's even a shred of validity to this, how could you be so ignorant as to write off an entire group of players, most of which you've never played and perhaps many of which you've never even seen in action?

Are you aware that both SwiftTomHanks and I tied with Tyrant at MLG? We all placed the same, right along side other top players such as THTB, J360 and Morty Seinfeld. We also had great showings at FV too, with each of us coming off close sets with CDJr in the top 10. You should ask the people at VSM how good AC1984 is with Kabal while you're at it. Then there's Death, who is unquestionably one of the best players out there.

We may troll a lot, and we certainly have more fun than most other competitive teams, but make no mistake: we're pretty damn good at this game.

I haven't seen most of you play outside of Tyrant, so I can't pretend to know how a 5v5 would go between us given that I'm a remotely reasonable individual; however, what I can assume is, if Tyrant is your best player or among them, that it wouldn't be the blow up you'd like to imagine.

Either this community is too obsessed with calling people free to artificially build hype, or we've got a whole lot of dense, naive individuals. I swear, if I ever see anyone say "well the matches would be close, they're really good!" in response to a hypothetical fight, I might just go into shock and die.

That said, I guess it's for the best that we all keep acting like toddlers on a playground. Wouldn't want a forum devoid of Hitler videos and crudely drawn robot comics, after all...

LEGEND

YES!
regarding current gen SP games being shit Slips

/Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Elder Scrolls games (3 was the best) GTA and Mass Effect
Good day sir.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
thanks for the props bro i believe you are also one of the best players out there and people will start recognizing you more, gratz on taking PU once again
This statement is truth. I throughly enjoyed our MM at FR, even though he came back and bodied me. =O

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
he's your only top player to my knowledge, once i take him out with my kenshi then what? even if i wasn't in it Pboard, Mosp and Xblades could easily regulate

its whatever, not likely to happen anyway so its all speculation
LOL everyone in WNBA is good wtf. Swift tom hanks would destroy the people you mentioned alone.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
"To my knowledge"

"speculation"
Hmm...

once i take him out with my kenshi then what? even if i wasn't in it Pboard, Mosp and Xblades could easily regulate
i can assure everyone if i assembled a socal team we would body WNBA,
And yet here you sound awfully certain for a guy who is just speculating. All I'm saying is, before making such bold claims, especially ones that can be seen as discrediting to an entire competitive team, do a little homework. Also, don't be so quick to just write off other groups/players.

Unless you're going for the whole WWE thing. If that's the case just let me know so I can uh... I don't know, threaten to hit you with a folding chair next time I'm on camera or something.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
This isn't a biased post. But if there's one player you don't want to underestimate, it's metzos. If you go into the match thinking you'll win it easily because he's ermac, well. You'll be in for a nasty surprise.

It's a shame him nor the Greek players will be at EVO. A damn shame.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
what pokes miss sektor? cyrax's d4 still hits for obvious reasons, d3 still works, f2 still works, a bunch of sektors normals miss cyrax too, they have the same issue against each other
d+4 and d+3 don't link into net. f+2 is too slow.

1,1 and 2,1 are fast pokes, do link net, and can be hit-confirmed into 80% juggles, but neither 1 nor 2 hits a block-crouching Sektor. Command throw leads to safe jumps but also whiffs. How are these not big advantages?

LOL everyone in WNBA is good wtf. Swift tom hanks would destroy the people you mentioned alone.
Switf Tom Hanks beat xblades and Pboard? LOL, and if I am right Mosp player is the skarlet player from EGP than yup wnba would get bodied. I never knew the community thought so little of the WC and so socal in particaluar.