What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 16 THE RETURN OF TOM BRADY!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Freddy does twice as much damage as Noob, has a safe 50/50 mix up with one bar that leads to 45% combos, has safer projectiles and full screen frame traps, and still loses 6:4 to Raiden. And you are telling me Noob also loses 6:4? LOL. No.

This tier list is accurate, but it is also somewhat biased. Sub Zero is not that bad.
This is the problem. When you think Noob spends his entire time throwing projectiles like you would with Freddy, you lose every matchup 4-6 at the best. Noob may not be able to keep Raiden further than 1/2 screen. Raiden also can't just teleport and expect to beat Noob, because it's a total guess on what he has to do next if Noob isn't throwing a tackle. Not throwing shadows blindly is what CHANGES the matchup in a good direction for Noob. Freddy doesn't have an 11f projectile to check Raiden's pokes. Freddy doesn't have a teleslam to check Raiden's teleport. It's arguably harder to jump on Noob than it is to jump on Freddy.

Again, you don't play with Noob like he can throw out constant projectiles. You have to abuse the frame data of his projectiles to use him right. Noob =/= Freddy in the slightest bit. You can't compare the zoning games because, in reality, they're totally different. It's like trying to compare Ryu and Ken in SF because they have a fireball, DP and hurricane kick. Properties are way too different.

Can I like your post 100x? <3
Permission granted <3
lol

But in all seriousness. Sub-zero does suck. Denzel does not, and allows Sub-zero to play beautifully.

But I'll bet you a million dollars, Denzel will NOT use sub-zero for Kitana, it was stated he was not going to use him should he have faced 16 bit in the grand finals at SCR.

hmmm i wonder why...

THTB

I don't think I would be using Noob's teleport when Raiden teleports. Wouldn't upknee or 212~db3 be the thing to use?
Teleslam is more reliable on a read because obviously it tracks teleport, but you can upknee (IIRC it can get beaten out by b3 spaced, though). 212 works too, but I'm pretty sure it's only super reliable if Raiden is close when he comes out of teleport. You can probably f33 and have it beat out anything Raiden tries.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
It's arguably harder to jump on Noob than it is to jump on Freddy.
Why would Raiden ever jump on Noob? Besides, Freddy can AA with 1 and get the same damage Noob gets from a staple combo. So can Kitana with AA 2.

I don't know even know why I'm arguing over this. Raiden is a horrible match up for Noob, even if you play 100% safe. Noob is limited every time he cannot apply his zoning game in any match up. He is the most one dimensional character in the game. As far as I am concerned, everyone who says "well, he's not too bad" is afraid Noob may get some buffs, making the match up harder for his/her favorite character.

THTB

Why would Raiden ever jump on Noob? Besides, Freddy can AA with 1 and get the same damage Noob gets from a staple combo. So can Kitana with AA 2.

I don't know even know why I'm arguing over this. Raiden is a horrible match up for Noob, even if you play 100% safe. Noob is limited every time he cannot apply his zoning game in any match up. He is the most one dimensional character in the game. As far as I am concerned, everyone who says "well, he's not too bad" is afraid Noob may get some buffs, making the match up harder for his/her favorite character.
If Raiden wants to keep Noob in check for trying to outpoke him or smack him in the face after teleports on bad reads/reactions, he's gonna jump. Upknee is generally more reliable as an AA because it's a lot more forgiving on timing due to Noob crouching.

The reason I'm arguing this is because tbh, I don't even think you played the Raiden-Noob matchup with PL once. It really isn't that lopsided, and, like I said, if you don't play Noob trying to simply throw projectiles every second, you'd see that it's not that bad. Raiden CAN'T teleport and be home free. If he's gonna teleport, he needs to be doing so while Noob is throwing a shadow. It's not as cut-and-dry as you try to make it out to be. Noob has options...some safe, some risky, and yes, for less reward, but it's not like Raiden comes in and 100% mauls him.

And that's from my experiences vs one of the best Raidens in the country.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Tom is a champion, and my hero for being on the podcast again. That being said, I must continue with...

THANKS ALOT BRADY! Now everyone knows that Kenshi is good. I picked him thinking he was mid tier so that I could hide how disgustingly bad I am at this game, now I've been exposed and everyone's gonna know I suck :(
/wrists

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Tom thanks for giving NW a little love. When your the only person who plays the character it's tough when everyone is telling you your character is bottom five. I hear it so much I start to believe it.

I still don't think he is bottom five and I still want to show this to the world...maybe with some love from Tom a few more NW players come out of the woodwork.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
You've never played a top kenshi
I'll 10-0 any Kenshi player with cyrax, no resets... If cyrax trades tele flurry with net, cyrax wins. Any EX zoning move that kenshi does is caught in a net trade. Cyrax's up close game is miles ahead of Kenshi's. People are high on this character, but as far as the Cyrax MU goes he won't win it. Cyrax on wakeup negates any zoning move Kenshi has with AA throw, do this from fullscreen and you're immediately in striking range.

Cyrax owns him from fullscreen to long range. Other than Sub i don't boast about any other Cyrax MU more than Kenshi's.

THTB

Caraecrika, that's if you're playing Kenshis that are dumb enough to do that.

When people start to realize zoning isn't just throwing shit out there, that's when you understand why characters like Noob and Kenshi are so much higher than people think. Zoning does not = I can just throw shit out. It's much more calculated and methodical than that.

Kenshi's strong point isn't just his zoning. You cannot just try and play footsies with this character. It's like trying to do that with Ermac, only Kenshi has safer options and better normal ranges.

I'll 10-0 any Kenshi player with cyrax, no resets... If cyrax trades tele flurry with net, cyrax wins. Any EX zoning move that kenshi does is caught in a net trade. Cyrax's up close game is miles ahead of Kenshi's. People are high on this character, but as far as the Cyrax MU goes he won't win it. Cyrax on wakeup negates any zoning move Kenshi has with AA throw, do this from fullscreen and you're immediately in striking range.

Cyrax owns him from fullscreen to long range. Other than Sub i don't boast about any other Cyrax MU more than Kenshi's.
ur funny

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Wow...pretty bold for an idiot

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

LMAO

i rest my case

Instead of me attempting to educate you- you basically just said "HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT"

that was awesome

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Well that's a bit uncalled for you pricks. And second, if im such a damn idiot then i guess the are some even bigger idiot Kenshi players here at TYM. Cause im basing all i said from matches i've had with some of them...

Tolkeen

/wrists
Well that's a bit uncalled for you pricks. And second, if im such a damn idiot then i guess the are some even bigger idiot Kenshi players here at TYM. Cause im basing all i said from matches i've had with some of them...
Were these matches online? Because it's a lot harder to deal with AA grab, and teleport online.

And you started it by saying you would 10-0 any kenshi player. Pig plays kenshi, and I guarantee offline you wouldn't go 10-0.... just saying.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Dude... Stop. Your horse is dead. Stop coaxing them into beating it more.

THTB

Yeah, not to mention, you provided reeeeeeally cookie-cutter breakdowns of the Cyrax-Kenshi matchup.

Kenshi is very underrated, actually. Not enough people are realizing how good he is. Look at his matchups and tell me how many characters does he get blown up by.