What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 16 THE RETURN OF TOM BRADY!

Can someone comment with his entire tier list? can't watch the video... id appreciate it :)
1. Raiden, 2. Kabal 3. Smoke 4.Kung lao (I think) 5.Jax 17. Liu kang 31. Baraka. That's all I got, selective memory.

I think Kitana was 8. Kenshi and freddy were way up there too

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Tom's complete tier list. I do not include the numbers.

1. Raiden
2. Kabal
3. Smoke
4. Kenshi / Kung Lao
5. Jax
6. Freddy
7. Sonya
8. Kitana
9. Mileena
10. Cyrax
11. Reptile
12. Scorpion
13. Ermac
14. Sektor
15. Cyber Sub Zero / Rain
16. Nightwolf / Noob
17. Liu Kang
18. Johnny Cage / Kano
19. Shang Tsung
20. Sindel
21. Skarlet
22. Quan Chi
23. Stryker
24. Jade
25. Sub Zero
26. Sheeva
27. Baraka

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I agree, raiden is the best character but i have to disagree with some of the mentions. Kenshi shouldn't be so high up the list, overrated character plain and simple. Freddy should be higher than kenshi imo, Freddy's zoning is the only zoning besides Kabal's and Kitana's that i simply find it disgustingly hard to get out of.
Freddy has losing match ups vs Kung Lao, Mileena, Raiden, and Smoke. Smoke is probably 3:7. The others are 4:6. Ironically, Kenshi fights these characters better (with the exception of Kung Lao).

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
baraka worst in game?? thats some funny shit right there,
dont get me wrong know he nowere near top tier but bottom,no way
(sure he beats the 5 people over him in this list)

skarlet seems to be odd aswell,f tier to a tier to near enough bottom? huh?

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Freddy has losing match ups vs Kung Lao, Mileena, Raiden, and Smoke. Smoke is probably 3:7. The others are 4:6. Ironically, Kenshi fights these characters better (with the exception of Kung Lao).
A week ago i told you that smoke destroyed him in that MU and you said the smoke MU was winnable and leaning towards 5-5. What changed your mind man?

As far as kenshi goes i have to say, im a bit biased cause im basing my thoughts off of my experience in the Cyrax MU, which i feel he wins easily. I've dominated some pretty damn good kenshi players with him, so that's why i defer a bit on Kenshi being perceived as being so good. But yeah i get what you're saying.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
The one glaring flaw of Tom's list for me: Skarlet's placement. Well, sans the lack of Cyblax in top five.

LOL, worst tier list ever. Sub bottom 3, cage 18, scorp mid tier. Smh, this is y i dnt follow tier list. They're terrible, i mean really, jade over sub LOL stop it now.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only character I actually have a problem with is Sheeva over Baraka. Sheeva is DEFINITELY the worst in the game.

Tom's matchup chart was put together by me, so I know all the numbers he has. As I plugged the numbers and thought about Baraka, I started to realize that Tom is mostly right in that he's pretty low and why he's low (Solid footsies and great advantage, but as a character footsies will get you only so far and his +frame stuff is simply too slow that he can't reliably apply them constantly). But the matchups he has for him aren't on point IMO. He's slightly better than dead last, but not that much higher.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I havnt listened to the whole thing yet, I am 1 hour through, but I am pretty sure its Reptile that is his new character.

Has plenty of tools, has defensive tools, has a certain amount of rushdown, can win from distance, can create his own space, and can GET FROM POINT A TO POINT B QUICKLY.

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
LOL, worst tier list ever. Sub bottom 3, cage 18, scorp mid tier. Smh, this is y i dnt follow tier list. They're terrible, i mean really, jade over sub LOL stop it now.
lol i agreee, sub is not that b ad, and cage is def top 10 . dont agree with that list

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I would fucking pay to listen to Tom Brady talk aka rant.

He is the original MK Legend.
agreed

I'm 2 hours in and wish there were 6 more

Good podcast. I'm still listening.

But fuck you guys for picking ATL Redd over me.
Lol - well why dont u come down here and prove them wrong :)

they also said pig wins over m2dave on hitoshura episode

ATL 2
dave 0

:) LOL

Anybody know a good arcade in ATL ? :)
ill look into it , but im not sure one at all exists :(

I agree, raiden is the best character but i have to disagree with some of the mentions. Kenshi shouldn't be so high up the list, overrated character plain and simple. Freddy should be higher than kenshi imo, Freddy's zoning is the only zoning besides Kabal's and Kitana's that i simply find it disgustingly hard to get out of.

As good as smoke is, and i believe he's top tier, i wouldn't take him at no. 3. You get a life lead on this character, all you have to do is sit there and hold block, you never have to block low against that character so it's one less worry to have. He has some tremendous tools and he's a rare character which you can't zone (unless you're using sektor) or stiffle him with pressure but still, i don't see him as no.3 imo. I think mileena jax and kitana are better but just slightly.

Not gonna comment on cyrax since i change my opinion on his position in the list every damn day. Some days i say he's the best character some days i say he's the worst.

Overall this is probably the best tier list to date. I would swap out some character for others but still very very accurate.
You've never played a top kenshi

My real issue is sub and cage. No way sub bottom tier, my bro (djt) has proven a sub can top 8 and cage has a better rush than basically all characters. I know ppl have seen maxters cage and other cages. Cage is no joke.

Pig Of The Hut

A week ago i told you that smoke destroyed him in that MU and you said the smoke MU was winnable and leaning towards 5-5. What changed your mind man?

As far as kenshi goes i have to say, im a bit biased cause im basing my thoughts off of my experience in the Cyrax MU, which i feel he wins easily. I've dominated some pretty damn good kenshi players with him, so that's why i defer a bit on Kenshi being perceived as being so good. But yeah i get what you're saying.
which kenshis?

Pig Of The Hut

The only character I actually have a problem with is Sheeva over Baraka. Sheeva is DEFINITELY the worst in the game.

Tom's matchup chart was put together by me, so I know all the numbers he has. As I plugged the numbers and thought about Baraka, I started to realize that Tom is mostly right in that he's pretty low and why he's low (Solid footsies and great advantage, but as a character footsies will get you only so far and his +frame stuff is simply too slow that he can't reliably apply them constantly). But the matchups he has for him aren't on point IMO. He's slightly better than dead last, but not that much higher.
man i agree

i do think baraka is under rated by playing u and permo

Pig Of The Hut

My real issue is sub and cage. No way sub bottom tier, my bro (djt) has proven a sub can top 8 and cage has a better rush than basically all characters. I know ppl have seen maxters cage and other cages. Cage is no joke.
Tom gave your bro huge props

that was awesome

Truth

Noob
I don't agree with the SZ placement, but it is based on the MU numbers, so once we see the numbers, we see if there is any clarity. However, for Cage, I think he is somewhere around 15-18 range for the simple fact he gets zoned out even harder than SZ (we atleast have freeze), but once he is in, he is in :)

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I respect brady and hes a great guy. Love his list but imo I think noob is bottom 10 being the highest on the list but what is 2 spots above bottom 10 gonna do :3