What's new

King of the Monsters Full Results/Shoutouts/Impressions!!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLynbacUB2YwFDQQXoSnj5BO_ukJB1mm7s

Where do I start....

Hugeout shouts to @Tusk1407 for running the capcom side of things. @Shock, @Mikemetroid, @Ray Riazy, @Scoot Magee, @G4S Claude VonStroke and @pherleece for providing monitors, setups and staffing when needed.

To @AK RM Blake for providing the coverage of a major here on TYM for this event. If you missed his write ups for Injustice, Mk9 and Killer instinct, please click here, here and here. Great reads and thank you so much for the support!!

To all the people who traveled from out of state to make this event. @BlackBryan @Josh Owens, @Groove Heaven , @KDZ , @DarthArma , @Icy Black Deep @G4S KT , @G4S Claude VonStroke , @Cossner, @Mikemetroid , @Ray Riazy and the ones who are in my backyard @Scoot Magee , @Dark_Rob , @R.E.O. @CD jr @Maxter , @jamessmk , @Edfig81 ,@rev0lver , @Tom Brady, @Grr , @KingJamez12, phycotica, gfromthestreets, jago, grief thank you all so much for the continued support over these past 6-7 months to make this all possible.

To @Tusk1407 @SweetJohnnyCage, lijoe, The Arena, @Shock, @KDZ and 8ontheBreak for allowing me to promote at their weekly venues and @FMLfirewall for going ham with my flyer on stream! Without you guys I don't think this gets a 50 player turnout!
---

I did everything in my power to ensure this event was not only my best but also the best run. With no super cool owner like I had at blu planet that let us run into the late hours, I had a dedicated 10 hour slot to stick to and with each game running a half hour behind we managed to wrap it all up by a quarter to midnight. My only personal complaints were that the AC wasn't working but the heat never got over bearing and that we didn't get commentary up and running until halfway through the event. Aside from that, I personally believed I achieved everything I planned to and the vision I had for it but I'd like to hear from you guys. What can I do better? What would you to see in the future? Its very possible this D&B becomes the home for Season 2!!!

Alright enough, HERE ARE THE RESULTS!!!!

Mortal Kombat 9
1. @R.E.O.
2. @Mikemetroid
3. @CD jr
4. @Maxter
5. @Winter
5. @BlackBryan
7. @Cossner
7. @G4S Claude VonStroke

Losers Semi: @Mikemetroid vs @Maxter

Winner Final: @CD jr vs @R.E.O.

Loser Final: @Mikemetroid vs @CD jr

Grand Final: @R.E.O. vs @Mikemetroid

Killer Instinct
1. @CD jr (Sadira)
2. @c88 Grief (Sadira/Wulf)
3. @G4S KT (Basic Jago)
4. Phycotica (Sadira)
5. @dannyc7 (Sadira)
5. MrGamer511 (Orchid)
7. Airflash24 (Thunder)
7. Gfromthestreets (Wulf)

Loser Semi: @G4S KT vs PHYCOTICA
The battle for Season 1 MVP!!

Winner Final: @CD jr vs C88 Grief

Loser Final: @G4S KT vs C88 Grief
The Salty runback we knew was coming. Winner takes MVP honors!

Grand Final: @CD jr vs C88 Grief

Ultra Street Fighter IV
1. @KDZ (Rufus/Yun)
2. IM Teiga (Gen)
3. @DarthArma (Akuma)
4. @KingJamez12 (Chun-Li)

Loser Semi: @DarthArma vs @KingJamez12

Winner Final: IM Teiga vs @KDZ

Loser Final: @DarthArma vs @KDZ

Grand Final: IM Teiga vs @KDZ

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom3
1. ThePersaudkid
2. @KDZ
3. IM Teiga
4. Sliphole79

Injustice: Gods Amongst Us
1. @KDZ (Superman/WoWo)
2. @rev0lver(Sex Luthor)
3. @Maxter (Hawkgirl / Lobo)
4. @R.E.O. (MMH)
5. @Tom Brady(Aquaman)
5. @DarthArma (Batman)
7. @AlanC(Superman)
7. @Cossner(Green Arrow)

Loser Semi: For Season 1 MVP @R.E.O. vs @KDZ
Winner Final: @rev0lver vs @Maxter
Loser Final: @KDZ vs @Maxter
Grand Final: @KDZ vs @rev0lver
Most Frauded Place

Season 1 MVPs
Mortal Kombat w/ 37 points @Mikemetroid

Killer Instict w/ 27 points C88 Grief

Injustice: Gods Amongst Us w/ 32 points @KDZ

Season 1: Complete Power Rankings

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mo...eason-1-power-rankings-updated-8-22-14.40746/
---

Like I said on twitter, I can't tag enough people to thank so if I forgot you I'm sorry lol

For more pictures of the event join the Monster Island Tournament group on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418177828420314/

Match Playlist can be found here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLynbacUB2YwFDQQXoSnj5BO_ukJB1mm7s

Last edited:

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Where do I start....

Hugeout shouts to @Tusk1407 for running the capcom side of things. @Shock, @Mikemetroid, @Ray Riazy, @Scoot Magee, @G4S Claude VonStroke and @pherleece for providing monitors, setups and staffing when needed.

To @AK RM Blake for providing the coverage of a major here on TYM for this event. If you missed his write ups for Injustice, Mk9 and Killer instinct, please click here, here and here. Great reads and thank you so much for the support!!

To all the people who traveled from out of state to make this event. @BlackBryan @Josh Owens, @Groove Heaven , @KDZ , @DarthArma , @Icy Black Deep @G4S KT , @G4S Claude VonStroke , @Cossner, @Mikemetroid , @Ray Riazy and the ones who are in my backyard @Scoot Magee , @Dark_Rob , @R.E.O. @CD jr @Maxter , @jamessmk , @Edfig81 ,@rev0lver , @Tom Brady, @Grr , @KingJamez12, phycotica, gfromthestreets, jago, grief thank you all so much for the continued support over these past 6-7 months to make this all possible.

To @Tusk1407 @SweetJohnnyCage, lijoe, The Arena, @Shock, @KDZ and 8ontheBreak for allowing me to promote at their weekly venues and @FMLfirewall for going ham with my flyer on stream! Without you guys I don't think this gets a 50 player turnout!
---

I did everything in my power to ensure this event was not only my best but also the best run. With no super cool owner like I had at blu planet that let us run into the late hours, I had a dedicated 10 hour slot to stick to and with each game running a half hour behind we managed to wrap it all up by a quarter to midnight. My only personal complaints were that the AC wasn't working but the heat never got over bearing and that we didn't get commentary up and running until halfway through the event. Aside from that, I personally believed I achieved everything I planned to and the vision I had for it but I'd like to hear from you guys. What can I do better? What would you to see in the future? Its very possible this D&B becomes the home for Season 2!!!

Alright enough, HERE ARE THE RESULTS!!!!

Mortal Kombat 9
1. @R.E.O.
2. @Mikemetroid
3. @CD jr
4. @Maxter
5. @Winter
5. @BlackBryan
7. @Cossner
7. @G4S Claude VonStroke

Losers Semi: @Mikemetroid vs @Maxter

Winner Final: @CD jr vs @R.E.O.

Loser Final: @Mikemetroid vs @CD jr

Grand Final: @R.E.O. vs @Mikemetroid

Killer Instinct
1. @CD jr (Sadira)
2. @c88 Grief (Sadira/Wulf)
3. @G4S KT (Basic Jago)
4. Phycotica (Sadira)
5. @dannyc7 (Sadira)
5. MrGamer511 (Orchid)
7. Airflash24
7. Gfromthestreets (Wulf)

Loser Semi: @G4S KT vs PHYCOTICA
The battle for Season 1 MVP!!

Winner Final: @CD jr vs C88 Grief

Loser Final: @G4S KT vs C88 Grief
The Salty runback we knew was coming. Winner takes MVP honors!

Grand Final: @CD jr vs C88 Grief

Ultra Street Fighter IV
1. @KDZ (Rufus/Yun)
2. IM Teiga (Gen)
3. @DarthArma (Akuma)
4. @KingJamez12 (Chun-Li)

Loser Semi: @DarthArma vs @KingJamez12

Winner Final: IM Teiga vs @KDZ

Loser Final: @DarthArma vs @KDZ

Grand Final: IM Teiga vs @KDZ

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom3
1. ThePersaudkid
2. @KDZ
3. IM Teiga
4. Sliphole79

Injustice: Gods Amongst Us
1. @KDZ (Superman/WoWo)
2. @rev0lver(Sex Luthor)
3. @Maxter (Hawkgirl / Lobo)
4. @R.E.O. (MMH)
5. @Tom Brady(Aquaman)
5. @DarthArma (Batman)
7. @AlanC(Superman)
7. @Cossner(Green Arrow)

Loser Semi: For Season 1 MVP @R.E.O. vs @KDZ
Winner Final: @rev0lver vs @Maxter
Loser Final: @KDZ vs @Maxter
Grand Final: @KDZ vs @rev0lver
Most Frauded Place

Season 1 MVPs
Mortal Kombat w/ 37 points @Mikemetroid

Killer Instict w/ 27 points C88 Grief

Injustice: Gods Amongst Us w/ 32 points @KDZ

Like I said on twitter, I can't tag enough people to thank so if I forgot you I'm sorry lol

For more pictures of the event join the Monster Island Tournament group on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418177828420314/
IMO the AC was out of your hands and i wasn't sweating balls. So IMO you ran another great event AJ. I am glad people like you step up to ty to get NYC into the hype and i plan on showing up to season 2. Thank you sir for your TO skills and thank Kombat Network for a great event. Props to all of u

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
@Shock only issue i had was no MK trilogy or UMK for me, u, @jamessmk and @R.E.O. to have some fun :p FYI next event i may bring my N64 and my asus if i can find a cable to plug it up for...

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Was an awesome time and had a lot of fun watching, playing casuals. My favorite part was the room! I could actually get in and out without accidentally copping a feel on someone lol. But in all seriousness it was an awesome turnout and I can't wait for the next one!

Last edited:

RapZiLLa54

@Shock only issue i had was no MK trilogy or UMK for me, u, @jamessmk and @R.E.O. to have some fun :p FYI next event i may bring my N64 and my asus if i can find a cable to plug it up for...
Yea man, we didn't get the UMK2 setup running to start right after Mk9 when all the mk9 players would be free since KI, UMVC3 and USF4 were happening. We got it setup right before Injustice in which then everyone had that to play. I wanted to run the godzilla game so bad as well !

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
First thing I said when I got there was "Someone needs to setup UMKII asap or it'll never get done."

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Lol I got top 8 for MK as well? I'm gonna be super hollywood from now on :DOGE #ZyphoxBestFlashNA

But seriously everything was really fun, I can 't wait for the next event!

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Looks like you guys did an awesome job! Bummed I couldn't make it out for this one, but definitely going to try to make the next one!

RapZiLLa54

Looks like you guys did an awesome job! Bummed I couldn't make it out for this one, but definitely going to try to make the next one!
Arm wrestling on the big screen. oh the HYPE lol

what I've learned over the past 8 months is that if you want something done right, do it yourself.

I'm talking of course about making myself a trophy.
LMFAO
:DOGE

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Super Hype event! I had a blast, played hella games even without the round robin format. Not to mention the venue was tits. Even got bodied in a few games of pool while we were there. Good times, tons of space, totally worth the lack of sleep the next day.

Seriously I hope kabal makes it back! No so broken tho! LOL
Also if we're not getting a jax like character we should get tj kombo for dlc!

Dark_Rob

Noob
@RapZiLLa54 Congrats AJ on you're biggest and most successful tournament yet. But Im sure its just the tip of the iceberg for you.
I wish more people in the community took after AJ's example.
AJ doesn't waste his time bashing other peoples tournaments, hes out there running his own tournaments. He doesn't waste his energy trying to tear down the scene, he uses his energy to help make it grow. He doesn't sit behind a keyboard bitching about how things should be better, hes out there making it better and providing it for the players. He doesn't breed negativity, he promotes positivity, and I saw a whole lot of players appreciating all his hard work, and the hard work of the people he works with. We need more Rapzilla's.
Congrats again AJ!