What's new

Match-up Discussion KILLER FROST - Official Community Match-Up Discussion

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
For Martian Manhunter you should include that she can parry 1,1,2 and 2,2, back 3.

For Hawkgirl you should include that she can parry forward 1,3 and forward 1,1.
Haha yeah she can actually full combo 22b3 with 111 it is tight. I think I want to have this stuff added to the parry guide if it hasn't been already. Not sure if we have the DLC covered.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning on the Batman number.

Trait bats fly Over KF's head post-slide. I absolutely know this to be true as I've tried it countless times.

Your d1 after a blocked slide beats B1 and goes underneath all standing 1 strings.

Rude

Trait bats fly Over KF's head post-slide. I absolutely know this to be true as I've tried it countless times.

Your d1 after a blocked slide beats B1 and goes underneath all standing 1 strings.
I should elaborate. When I say that trait flies over Killer Frost's head post-slide, this is what happens:

Killer Frost does a slide.
Batman blocks slide and releases trait.
Killer Frost, choosing to stay crouching for a d1 check, LOLs as the bats fly over her head and miss her completely.

I've had my slide punished by bats before and they didn't whiff. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but it's definitely possible.

No it doesn't. Batman's b1 is 9 frames. KF's d1 is 7 frames, from -4 disavantage = comes out on frame 11. My experience against good batmen concurs here. You must be off by two frames.

Rude

I'm telling you. I've played your very own Runway Mafia. Every single time slide was blocked, even as soon as it was blocked, the bats fly over her head. I've tried this countless times and they ALWAYS fly over her head so long as she's crouching after slide is blocked.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

Batman's b1 beats out Killer Frost's d1 post slide. I have been punished before with trait bats into a j2 combo so I will have to mess with that in training mode.

I've had my slide punished by bats before and they didn't whiff. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but it's definitely possible.

No it doesn't. Batman's b1 is 9 frames. KF's d1 is 7 frames, from -4 disavantage = comes out on frame 11. My experience against good batmen concurs here. You must be off by two frames.
Ninja'd

Rude

I'm honestly not trying to downplay. In fact, I came to this thread to explain this weirdness so that I could see what needed changing. -4 is nothing in terms of disadvantage, though. But no, @Runway Mafia plays me often enough and he has seen the bats fly over her head.

I'm telling you. I've played your very own Runway Mafia. Every single time slide was blocked, even as soon as it was blocked, the bats fly over her head. I've tried this countless times and they ALWAYS fly over her head so long as she's crouching after slide is blocked.
I don't care if you were playing against Jesus. It's possible, and you must have executed it wrong. Pretty much any KF here will tell you that. And playing against better KFs would support an execution error on your part, not weigh against it.

And the b1 losing to d1 is flat-out wrong, as evinced by both frame data and experience.

Rude

I think we're misunderstanding each other, here. You seem to think I'm saying you're wrong. What I am saying is what I have experienced. My experiences have shown that not only do trait bats fly over her head when trying to punish slide, but they ALSO fly over her head when she slides at Batman.

I'm not making this up or trying to troll.

There's nothing about 'your experience' in here. You made an incorrect declarative statement that you said was "absolutely know[n] to be true." And your personal experience is almost completely irrelevant to the matchup number anyway.

I don't know if the execution is difficult or not. But punishing slides with bats is not only possible, but done fairly consistently by a bunch of batman players.

Rude

There's nothing about 'your experience' in here. You made an incorrect declarative statement. And your personal experience is almost completely irrelevant to the matchup number anyway.

I don't know if the execution is difficult or not. But punishing slides with bats is not only possible, but done fairly consistently by a bunch of batman players.
Yeah. I think we're definitely miscommunicating, here. You seem to think I'm coming in here to try and shit on KF players and whine about slide. I'm really not. Maybe I worded it wrong. Fine. I'm elaborating on what has happened to me in well over 90+ games. It could be an error. I'll admit that. However, what has happened to me has happened in every match, which seems like a consistent thing.

That's all I'm saying.

Rude

I'm also talking about the post-slide blocked game. Bats fly over her head. They're not very useful in the post-blocked slide meta because of this.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying you absolutely can punish slide with bats, and you screwing up is irrelevant, however consistently you miss the timing may be.

It's a simple factual error. You claimed 'you can't do this,' and your only support was anecdotal evidence of you not being able to do it. That's the worst kind of support to prove a negative, aside from truly irrelevant statements.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Batman is the only character that can punish her safe slide. Bats will hit her as she recovers. This works for good and fraudulent Batmans alike. However there are certain scenarios in which I suppose the bats can go over her head. It's just unheard of post slide. I have absolutely no reason to doubt that something uncommon happens to you, as whether its possible or not, it's happening to you isn't it? All one can really tell you is that it SHOULDN'T be and so we don't really know what the culprit is unless we see what's actually going on. Also, online.

Rude

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying you absolutely can punish slide with bats, and you screwing up is irrelevant, however consistently you miss the timing may be.

It's a simple factual error. You claimed 'you can't do this,' and your only support was anecdotal evidence of you not being able to do it. That's the worst kind of support to prove a negative, aside from truly irrelevant statements.
Yeah, this is productive. I'll accept to being wrong. However, I know I am correct about bats flying overhead in the post-slide meta. In fact, I probably meant that. My mistake.

Rude

Batman is the only character that can punish her safe slide. Bats will hit her as she recovers. This works for good and fraudulent Batmans alike. However there are certain scenarios in which I suppose the bats can go over her head. It's just unheard of post slide. I have absolutely no reason to doubt that something uncommon happens to you, as whether its possible or not, it's happening to you isn't it? All one can really tell you is that it SHOULDN'T be and so we don't really know what the culprit is unless we see what's actually going on. Also, online.
Could be that, too. I'm actually coming to this thread trying to figure out what the hell was causing this. But it's happened...a LOT.

Rude

Actually, since I'm admitting my awfulness, I do have a question.

These punishes...can they be done consistently online? This is a real question.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing

Yes which is generally the reason why you don't slide at batman if he has trait on...
I don't know whats worse, the fact that you weren't punishing with trait or the fact that the frost player was sliding at you whilst you had trait

Rude

Yes which is generally the reason why you don't slide at batman if he has trait on...
I don't know whats worse, the fact that you weren't punishing with trait or the fact that the frost player was sliding at you whilst you had trait
It wasn't that I wasn't trying. I was. The bizarre trait flying over her head thing kept happening. Which is a problem on my part. trait also flew over her head as she was sliding toward me. Its strange and probably a timing thing.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
It wasn't that I wasn't trying. I was. The bizarre trait flying over her head thing kept happening. Which is a problem on my part. trait also flew over her head as she was sliding toward me. Its strange and probably a timing thing.
Batmans trait is one of the few projectiles that acts how its supposed to and goes over Killler Frosts slide.
Trying to punish with 1 bat active may go over her head but 2 and 3 is a clear punish which is why Batman beats Killer Frost 7-3

Well props to you for admitting a deficiency and trying to adjust. Seriously, no sarcasm here - not enough people are able to do that.

As for getting the punish more consistently - you're probably better off asking other batman players. KF players play around it but don't bear the execution onus.

And yes - I play pretty much only online, and that's where I ate the punishes.

Slide is supposed to go under bats, and that point has been discussed heavily in this thread. The idea is that KF can punish bats --> dash by sliding under bats and catching the dash.

Rude

It's very frustrating. I should probably just hold onto bats for Slide punishes. It feels like the usual release bats = safe cross-up strategy isn't as successful here.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Well Mr. Rude I would like to know if you would be able to make the trait go overhead with your own intention....
I would like to know if you are able to get it to go even higher...
I would also like to know if you can answer me while in close proximity or 'come here' as it were...

So essentially what I'm saying is..