What's new

Killer Frost d1 Discussion

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Yesterday at Civil War VI I don't know how many good observers there were but I witnessed Khaotik use the advantage off a hit d1 to go for a standing 2 into slide missing out not only on a 50/50 but a combo that would have done more damage if it hit anyway. The only Killer Frost player I have ever seen use the frame advantage off a hit d1 and go into a 50/50 is REO so is this a cause for debate.

Should d1 slide be scrapped entirely unless being used for a punish and focus be put on using strings such as 111 and f113 which leave you at advantage to fish for d1 hit advantage?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yesterday at Civil War VI I don't know how many good observers there were but I witnessed Khaotik use the advantage off a hit d1 to go for a standing 2 into slide missing out not only on a 50/50 but a combo that would have done more damage if it hit anyway. The only Killer Frost player I have ever seen use the frame advantage off a hit d1 and go into a 50/50 is REO so is this a cause for debate.

Should d1 slide be scrapped entirely unless being used for a punish and focus be put on using strings such as 111 and f113 which leave you at advantage to fish for d1 hit advantage?
I use d1 for setups a lot.

d1 (on hit):
- Free throw attempt where if they are afraid of blocking slide/f3 it will affect their reaction to a throw
- 50/50

d1 (on block):
- 2 frame trap ... if they press a button they get hit and I get vortex (much safer than parry on read)
--- if they block the 2, you can parry if you think they will retaliate
- d1 again

If they backdash after blocking d1... well that opens up a whole new set of options for us ^_^

There is a lot more use for it but I like those.