What's new

Kickbykick Wins the First NA WEEKLY LIVE (Match Videos Inside)

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Last Saturday, on November 14th, the first ever NA WEEKLY LIVE tournament for PC MKX happened and it's safe to say everyone involved had fun while playing. We had a shaky start with a couple of technical difficulties stemming from the fact that an euro player was trying to host a koth room for Canadian and US players, but we solved that after a couple of frustrating minutes and the event proceeded normally.

With only 10 players being available after the check in took place we switched our bracket from a 2 stage to a single stage, double elimination, with all the matches being disputed in a Bo5 format. We had some really entertaining matches that showed off characters we don't get to see much on the EU WEEKLY series. At the end of the day @Kickbykick and his Dualist Liu Kang faced off versus PetethaMonsta and his Thunder God Raiden. Pete, coming from Losers, managed to reset the bracket but in the end it was Kick that took the first place in the NA WEEKLY, after switching to Johnny Cage A List.

Congratulations to everyone that played and Kick who stole the show with his Dualist Liu Kang.
See you all on the next NA WEEKLY LIVE! -RVB

Supreme Champion: Kickbykick
Worthy Adversary: PetetheMonsta
Maybe Next Time: LowTierr
4th place: Corrupted_Empress
5th place tie: Comte & Noisa3x
7th place tie: Epilepsy & bLoWsMokE
9th place tie: A F0xy Granson & Chefichigo

Challonge: http://challonge.com/naweeklylive

Youtube playlist :

Attachments

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Thanks for the tag. This looked really fun. I'll be there one day, when I don't have an offline event. ;)

Reactions: RVB

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Speaking as someone who regularly gets sent to cry in the corner by @Kickbykick and his Liu (and most of his other characters), I'm happy to see him take the tournament. He's a great player and a good friend who has helped me level up my new characters on multiple occasions.

GJ, Kick.