What's new

"Keepin' it REO"

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I think I'm terrible at doing iaGBs because everyone I play gets around mine no problem.

Alternatively, everyone else could suck. Not sure yet.

Skitzo

Noob
Yes, but no one will ever be on REO's level, so it's unnecessary to whine about the character like that when only 1 person has reached that level. Everyone has said this countless times, it's REO, not Kabal.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Yes, but no one will ever be on REO's level, so it's unnecessary to whine about the character like that when only 1 person has reached that level. Everyone has said this countless times, it's REO, not Kabal.
People can reach his level, never isn't the appropriate word....that wouldn't be a sensible argument anyway. Tier lists are created based on highest level of play possible.

The best of the best going toe to toe.

Obviously REO is a great player, but that doesn't negate the fact that Kabal is a solid character.

Kabal may or may not be the best, but he's real close if not.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Who is the best when you say that? Kenshi? Sonya? Kabal beats them both. Kabal is the best at the highest level (REO).
"So its also incorrect to say that since Kabal hasn't won the most tournaments, Kabal is not the best."

re-read it homie. it didn't disagree with what you said. REO doesn't win every tournament, and that has absolutely nothing to do with how good Kabal is. Player skill is independent of how good a character is. CDjr is the most accomplished player, so Jax must be the best character, right? wrong. The logic works both ways. Just because Kabal doesn't win every tournament doesn't mean he's not the best character. He is the best character. He's too good. He doesn't need to win every tournament to be too good.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
"So its also incorrect to say that since Kabal hasn't won the most tournaments, Kabal is not the best."

re-read it homie. it didn't disagree with what you said. REO doesn't win every tournament, and that has absolutely nothing to do with how good Kabal is. Player skill is independent of how good a character is. CDjr is the most accomplished player, so Jax must be the best character, right? wrong. The logic works both ways. Just because Kabal doesn't win every tournament doesn't mean he's not the best character. He is the best character. He's too good. He doesn't need to win every tournament to be too good.
But Kabal also is rare in top 8s period.

If Kabal was too good, way more people would be willing to put in the effort to learn him. Fact is, people don't. Why?

If people really believed he was way too good, why hasn't he been picked up by the masses in great amounts?

In other games, if a character is that powerful, they are picked up by a lot of players, no matter how hard they are to use. Maybe Kabal is undoubtedly the best, but not by that much to where everyone else is obsolete?

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies

If Kabal was too good, way more people would be willing to put in the effort to learn him. Fact is, people don't. Why?

If people really believed he was way too good, why hasn't he been picked up by the masses in great amounts?

In other games, if a character is that powerful, they are picked up by a lot of players, no matter how hard they are to use. Maybe Kabal is undoubtedly the best, but not by that much to where everyone else is obsolete?
A fucking MEN!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I wonder how much easier NDC death would be/how much more popular he would be if a Nomad Dash Cancel was inputted like a Sindel Levi Cancel, in that there was no need to smash back at the same time as Block.

I hate not being able to play as him. Pisses me off. But my hands just can't do it.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Kabal is the best, but he takes such a degree of dedication and skill that nobody is willing to put in the time to level up thier Kabal to those unwinnable standards.

and lol at "Sektor is free for Kabal". so casual. Just a slap to the face to all Sektor players lol

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag

This game is focused on North America which honestly compared to other countries we take things the easy way, why learn a difficult character that may be the best when you can pick Cage and get similar win results for much less work.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
If you take the time to learn how to play Kabal like Reo has you can get to that level. The game sold 3 million copies. I'm sure more than one person can learn how to execute the high level skill with Kabal if you dedicate the time like Reo does.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage

Unless your 8 year old cousin can roll his face over the pad with Kabal and blow people up, then the character is fine. Yeah, Kabal's a great character, but he's got a high execution curve, has big problems against low hitbox characters and iagbs are nowhere near the threat they were during the Devastation era. C'mon. Bunch of pointless QQing over this character. How many sets have we seen now against Kabal and Jax? CD Jr intentionally using a low hitbox character and sticking with his strong fundamentals takes REO's Kabal rather convincingly.

Big hitbox character? Well he's going to standing 2~NDC infinite you. Solution? Don't play a big hitbox character against him.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
GNG Iniquity

1. high execution isn't a justification for an OP character. The tier list is based on the idea that the chars are playing at the highest level, and at the highest level there is no execution barrier.

2. You shouldn't need to play a low hitbox character to have a shot (and that "shot" is EVEN AT BEST, HE HAS NO BAD MATCHUPS). Doesn't that prove further that a character is OP if less than 1/3 of the chars in the game are low hitbox?

3. The community is small, and tournaments are a small sample. And to THTB saying if Kabal really was this good, wouldn't more people be picking him up? That's not a bad point. I'm going to counter that by saying the community is small, and more importantly, the community is just now saying that Kabal is BY FAR the best. Once its out there in writing that Kabal is by far the best, you'll see more people pick him up because people are lemmings.

If a character has no bad matchups, or their worst matchup is 5-5 they are overpowered. Can we at least agree on this, in theory?

It's not about being "winnable" or "not impossible."

It wasn't impossible to get Barry Bonds out, but he was still overpowered from steroids. He still would've been a great player without steroids. And Kabal would still be a great character without his steroids.

Kabal isn't too good, I notice that alot of people on TYM dont even know how to fight Cage/Kabal/Kenshi etc, even though they constantly bitch about them.

I just want the damn IAGB's toned down from a balance standpoint (2~NDC obviously needs to go), and Kabal is square in my opinion. It's just game over if he wants to play that way. Even more so than a turtling Ice Clone abuser. Them balls need more recovery.

I just want the damn IAGB's toned down from a balance standpoint (2~NDC obviously needs to go), and Kabal is square in my opinion. It's just game over if he wants to play that way. Even more so than a turtling Ice Clone abuser. Them balls need more recovery.
I dont understand why people get made about this, just go under them, obviously if they did constant chip damage, then yeah, op, bu they dont.eventually you will corner him, or he will have to confront you. and kabal is pretty easy to whiff punish. just try to focus on out spacing him when hes near you.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I dont understand why people get made about this, just go under them, obviously if they did constant chip damage, then yeah, op, bu they dont.eventually you will corner him, or he will have to confront you.
Now if only Kabal had a flying anus too, people would be straight up mad!

FuzzySlipperz

IN TRAINING
hey i understand Kabal top tier and a tuff match up for any character in the game but i believe still entirely winnable
i know im new to the forums and all but coming from other fighters and dealing with their top tiers.... i rather deal with kabal than deal with Yun in SF4AE or..Chun in 3rd strike or Phoenix in MVC3 or Hilde in SC4 or OG Sagat in ST

plus the game only been out for a liltle over for a year tier lists shouldnt be solidified yet.. we all should be working on more ways to take down this tyrant....cuz the patch aint coming lol