What's new

Karen Strassman, the voice behind Kitana and Mileena in MK9 also working on next game?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The beautiful and talented Karen Strassman, who voiced both Kitana and Mileena in Mortal Kombat 2011 may be working on next Mortal Kombat. A tip was recently sent in to us by @Zmoke informing us of something very interesting on her online resume.

By viewing her resume section on her website and clicking on "Voice Over Resume PDF", she's done a ton of roles for commercials, feature films and of course video games. Here is the interesting part... Mortal Kombat is listed twice: Mortal Kombat (meaning Mortal Kombat 2011 presumably) and below that, Mortal Kombat 2.

karen.png

unnamed.jpg

Specials thanks to @Zmoke for providing this tip and this photo. There are two questions that come in to play now though... this possible work on the next game is "Supporting" and not a "Lead", so what does that mean? Also, does this mean one of the sisters will return in the next Mortal Kombat?

Source: KarenStrassman.com

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Lead role means she had to do voice acting for story + all the Mk grunt gibberish for in combat attacks/getting hit.

Im speculating this might be evidence Mileena and Kitana won't be playable if she is just a supporting voice actress this time around.

gdf

Noob
Does this imply that the story will be Netherrealm focused?

It begs the question as to what NRS can do to make the Netherrealm interesting, I am both skeptical and excited.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol Names aside MK 10. Doesn't mean she's back as Mileena or Kitana. Or she could just be voicing one of them in the story, we saw Kitana die not Mileena...

Or she could be voicing another chick all together.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Could someone look up Sheeva's voice actress resume?

She hardly had any lines in mk9. She just had her mk grunted gibberish.

If under Sheeva's resume it says supporting then kitana and mileena might still be playable. But if it says LEAD then it might aswell be a decomformation for kit/mil to be playable.

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
lol Names aside MK 10. Doesn't mean she's back as Mileena or Kitana. Or she could just be voicing one of them in the story, we saw Kitana die not Mileena...

Or she could be voicing another chick all together.

This is true.

She could just have been placed as another character all together. She already knows how things are at NRS and returning work for voice actors is very common.

So this is just further evidence an Mk is around the corner. There is no way we could speculate any confirmed/deconfirmed characters off this info.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I can see it now...Ed Boon, when does MK 10 aka MK part II aka MK 2 aka second part to MK 2013 aka MK 2015 come out? lol

@Circus true, guess we'll have to wait and see. I can sense the trailer for MK 10 or at least a teaser this years E3!

E

Eldriken

Lead role means she had to do voice acting for story + all the Mk grunt gibberish for in combat attacks/getting hit.

Im speculating this might be evidence Mileena and Kitana won't be playable if she is just a supporting voice actress this time around.
If this is the case, I'm gonna be sorely disappointed. I mean really, really disappointed. Kitana is my favorite MK character ever.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I just want my beautiful savage Mileena to return. Sindel is a long shot given she died, AGAIN, but I'd be set with the pink beast