What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano Leaked(?) in German magazine for Mortal Kombat X

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
he's gonna stay australian, Ed loved the fake aussie in the movie so that's why he got changed the first time
I thought it was a homage to Trevor Goddard who died from a drug overdose during his filming of pirates of the Caribbean due to his wife leaving him. He was originally from Croydon, SE London whom portrayed Kano as Australian in the first MK movie.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I thought it was a homage to Trevor Goddard who died from a drug overdose during his filming of pirates of the Caribbean due to his wife leaving him. He was originally from Croydon, SE London whom portrayed Kano as Australian in the first MK movie.
Oh...wow. Thats actually kinda sad.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Havnt seen these posted

Also,
someone on twitter is claiming a maya stage (jungle arena) for Kotal AND liu kang, cage, and sonya are in with 3 different age versions. https://mobile.twitter.com/NerdyFanboy
There's no way they would make 3 Johnny Cages and 3 Sonyas when Cassie is a hybrid of both already in terms of moves

.. most likely troll though
There's no way they would fill up returning character slots with 3 Johnnys and 3 Sonyas when Cassie is a mix of there moves already, at least I really hope not. Seriously, I thought this MK was going to be dark, we don't need 4 stances with nut punch. Seems like a huge mistake if they put those two in and end up not having room for ninajs or robots....

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
There's no way they would fill up returning character slots with 3 Johnnys and 3 Sonyas when Cassie is a mix of there moves already, at least I really hope not. Seriously, I thought this MK was going to be dark, we don't need 4 stances with nut punch. Seems like a huge mistake if they put those two in and end up not having room for ninajs or robots....
I think what was meant was that each variation of Liu Kang, Johnny and Sonya would have the character at a different age (i.e. Variation #1 = 5 years older, #2 = 15 years older, #3 = 25 years older). But the whole post could be bullshit, who knows

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Either or, but the guy was using a fake accent

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Kick ass! I bet after all the universal "nerfed to death" talk and tier placings on Kano from MK9 that they will probably try to put more emphasis on his balance than last time to make him more viable.

Here's hoping. I've always loved him as a character.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I think what was meant was that each variation of Liu Kang, Johnny and Sonya would have the character at a different age (i.e. Variation #1 = 5 years older, #2 = 15 years older, #3 = 25 years older). But the whole post could be bullshit, who knows
When I say 3 of each I mean one with 3 variations. Im looking as each variation as a slot on the roster since they are separate fighting styles altogether since there's no switching mid fight. When I look at Cassie I see Hollywood stance (Johnnys moveset), Brawler (Sonyas moveset), and Spec Ops (Stryker roughly). I thought it was obvious that NRS didn't want to give those three all three variations each so they made Cassie to give aall their playstyles roughly still in. If Johnny were to have 3 seperate stances they would all have nutpunch and green kicks since those are his signature moves, but Cassie already has both of those! I'm really hoping for just a story cameo fromJohnny and Sonya tbh, I don't want them taking up other klassic character slots when they have Cassie as their family rep.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Damn I can't believe dudes are out here hating on KANO!!!! Like seriously??? I remember being a lil kid thinking this dude was the most badass character ever in the old days.

Kano is a perfectly themed character for MK, survived, one of the classics who is VERY popular with the casual fans, and most of all, HE'S KANO!!!

There are very few people who are more deserving to be in the MK game than Kano is.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I just hope they're not just trying to shoehorn archetypes onto existing characters just because. I want a T. Hawk or a Grundy for my grappler, not a Kano with a chokeslam.

Actually. scratch that: Kano with a chokeslam might be pretty tight. Carry on.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
My question is, that they are following the MK9 story and MKX is 25 yrs into the future and in MK9 Kano was between 35-40 yrs old. so that would make him pretty old in this game though...But in the picture he looks like he would be in his 40's...