What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
Lol yep! Played a hunter predator today and lost like ten times as cyber. Left the game and matched him again like 30 min later as cutthroat and beat him 8-2. Today was a good day to be cutthroat. Guy was a good sport about it too. Played this takeda later on and omfg njp city!! Dude made me want to rage so bad

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Lol yep! Played a hunter predator today and lost like ten times as cyber. Left the game and matched him again like 30 min later as cutthroat and beat him 8-2. Today was a good day to be cutthroat. Guy was a good sport about it too. Played this takeda later on and omfg njp city!! Dude made me want to rage so bad
Cyber mops hunter though

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
The f4 change is really weird, I keep going for the old C.grab follow up timing and missing it terribly lol, but I I think I like it once I adjust to the delayed timing.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
How so? Not disagreeing just curious since I play against a good hunter predator and always used cutthroat but that's just a preference thing but if cyber is better for MU I'll start using it
He can't get in really. Knives for days, bait his armor and send him back full screen with ball. Build mad bar and try to catch his jumps with knives so you get the KD. Discs go away on block so they're no threat. The only threat is ex trap and the ex scimitar (?). Once he's in it's gg but that's hunter vs everyone. New up ball is good gtfo though. Also midscreen you can backdash out of setups because of Kano's godlike backdash.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
He can't get in really. Knives for days, bait his armor and send him back full screen with ball. Build mad bar and try to catch his jumps with knives so you get the KD. Discs go away on block so they're no threat. The only threat is ex trap and the ex scimitar (?). Once he's in it's gg but that's hunter vs everyone. New up ball is good gtfo though. Also midscreen you can backdash out of setups because of Kano's godlike backdash.
O ok I'll have to try it out next time. Where can you backdash out of set ups?

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
I'm not good with cyber. My muscle memory is so used to cutthroats moves that I'd just end up pressing buttons plus I haven't played cyber in forever. But once I switched to cutthroat I was fine. Predator had to respect a lot of my +frames which he didn't and that became his downfall. He was better off just staying in poke range because if he didn't my 50/50s would end up eating him alive which is exactly what happened

The f4 change is really weird, I keep going for the old C.grab follow up timing and missing it terribly lol, but I I think I like it once I adjust to the delayed timing.
Theoretically I think it's better. You can still get a grab on the first available frame after hitstun, it just takes more timing but now you have more time to confirm the the f4 hit before you decide what to do. Any grounded followup is guaranteed, so they have to hold the mixup between either grab or pressure.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
O ok I'll have to try it out next time. Where can you backdash out of set ups?
When you get KDed you can get out for free a lot of times with backdash. Also I haven't tested it but air laser might be good vs jump ins since it beats out b1

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Yea cyber definitely has the better AA now. If only cutthroat had b1 it would be ridiculous

They could always make it a f1 command for CT ;)

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
GUYS GUYS I FOUND A NEW COMBO THAT @KH Royale STOLE USING HIS TIME MACHINE

But seriously, If I didn't have this damn cold(who gets a cold during a heat wave?) I'd be constantly updating this whatchacallit.. thread!

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
I wish I could stay into cybernetic. It was the variation that first got me into Kano from kotal Kahn but once I joined team cutthroat I never looked back. Fuckin love Kano