What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
JiP, B1,2,1, dash, B1, NDC, 2, F4, ND, JiP, B1,2,1, dash, 2, F4.

That's really the only one you need.
I've got that one down, what about the rest of his combos though?

whats the best combos after a f4 ND, Naked ND and Deep jump kick? I'm only getting like 20% or something

How do you land the 3 NDC b1 2 1 after the NJP for his corner combo? if you input b1 2 1 to fast you get a standing gas blast, so do I just have to practicing it, or am I missing a dash somewhere or something?

I've got that one down, what about the rest of his combos though?

whats the best combos after a f4 ND, Naked ND and Deep jump kick? I'm only getting like 20% or something

How do you land the 3 NDC b1 2 1 after the NJP for his corner combo? if you input b1 2 1 to fast you get a standing gas blast, so do I just have to practicing it, or am I missing a dash somewhere or something?
if they ever get ND'd whilst in the air, your best option is to do a deep jump kick ~ gas blast, F4NDC.
Off a F4 ND, JIP B121 F4 NDC 2 NDC 2 F4NDC.
and the 3 NDC in the corner, just hold back the entire time from cancel to B121.

Skitzo

Noob
after f4nd/naked nd: cjp b121 b1ndc/f4ndc 2ndc 2 f4ndc

deep jump kick dash f4nd djk iagb f4ndc

& for the corner combo you don't let go of back when you cancel 3ndc, you hold it & it should read as b121.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
if they ever get ND'd whilst in the air, your best option is to do a deep jump kick ~ gas blast, F4NDC.
Off a F4 ND, JIP B121 F4 NDC 2 NDC 2 F4NDC.
and the 3 NDC in the corner, just hold back the entire time from cancel to B121.
couldn't I also do f4 ND, JIP b121 b1 NDC 2 NDC 2 f4? that's what I've been useing, I just didn't know if there was something better.

thanks for replying for fast!

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
is there a better way of doing reps of f3~NDC~f3 than doing f3 bf4 b+block repeatedly?

Seapeople

This one's for you
Shortcutting b12~ndc by doing b12, f4, b+block has made it a lot easier for me, but I'm still really new to the character so I don't really know what works best :p

Axel_Redd

2 questions, first off when u do any of kabal's resets, specifically in this case, the one where you catch them with a spin in mid air and follow up with Jk~GB into f4 NDC. is there a certain way you have to do the NDC so that u get the Guaranteed 2~NDC?

also, is f4 possible to hitconfirm?

Lulzlou

Noob
2 questions, first off when u do any of kabal's resets, specifically in this case, the one where you catch them with a spin in mid air and follow up with Jk~GB into f4 NDC. is there a certain way you have to do the NDC so that u get the Guaranteed 2~NDC?

also, is f4 possible to hitconfirm?
Are you talking about doing the 2ndc as chip?

And yes F4 can be hit confirmed. The way I do it is not canceling it right away. I hold back then when I see its blocked, I quickly hit block. Its the same way with f32

Axel_Redd

Are you talking about doing the 2ndc as chip?

And yes F4 can be hit confirmed. The way I do it is not canceling it right away. I hold back then when I see its blocked, I quickly hit block. Its the same way with f32

im talking about the 2ndc to follow up the f4 reset back into your pressure. is that guaranteed? does kabal have to do that flailing animation at the end of the ndc for it to reach? and will it still connect in time?

but i mean do have anough time to do f4, register that its blocked and then do his overhead or saw?

Skitzo

Noob
im talking about the 2ndc to follow up the f4 reset back into your pressure. is that guaranteed? does kabal have to do that flailing animation at the end of the ndc for it to reach? and will it still connect in time?

but i mean do have anough time to do f4, register that its blocked and then do his overhead or saw?
It's guaranteed if done right. & no, it's a quick hit confirm. I doubt that lol

Axel_Redd

It's guaranteed if done right. & no, it's a quick hit confirm. I doubt that lol
so then how do u do the reset right then? especially when thers a good deal of space between u and the opponent?

and so ur saying its too hard to do that as a hitconfirm offa f4? then im guessing the people i see doing that is offa read then?

Lulzlou

Noob
so then how do u do the reset right then? especially when thers a good deal of space between u and the opponent?

and so ur saying its too hard to do that as a hitconfirm offa f4? then im guessing the people i see doing that is offa read then?
I usually either do b1(2) or F3(2) instead of the 2ndc midscreen online. The timing for is it sorta weird at first. You don't need to do the 2ndc, it gives you more mix up options and a bit extra chip and meter. I do the 2ndc after the reset it in the corner because it works 100% of the time.

I have a weird way of using f4 so I can't really help you there. You can poke out of F4~nd and overhead so you gotta be careful using it. You are at -4 on block too with f4~ndc

Axel_Redd

I usually either do b1(2) or F3(2) instead of the 2ndc midscreen online. The timing for is it sorta weird at first. You don't need to do the 2ndc, it gives you more mix up options and a bit extra chip and meter. I do the 2ndc after the reset it in the corner because it works 100% of the time.

I have a weird way of using f4 so I can't really help you there. You can poke out of F4~nd and overhead so you gotta be careful using it. You are at -4 on block too with f4~ndc
k.

its just cuz i've seen Reo land that 2ndc midscreen after f4 after landing a jkgb, and he usually lets that flailing animation at the end of the NDC happen before he does the 2ndc, is that what your supposed to do? cuz it kinda moves u forward.

also im not talking about online.

but yeah i know they can poke out of that. i was just wondering if its possible at all to hitconfirm f4 into his overhead or buzzsaws. Or when people do that is that just them deciding to end their pressure?

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
I have a question about the 2 NDC infinite. Since it is a just frame infinite and the cancel advantage on hit is one frame less than the block cancel advantage couldn't you just take the one hit and then you're out? Not to mention punish him on reaction to a second standing 2?
yes you should take the hit. Don't ever let Kabal do his infinite when you block! That feeds him meter. You should start to get in a habit of low poking if you havent because that is an anti pressure against Kabal. The 2 infinite is not guranteed but sometimes the Kabal players will be able to do some mix ups. It's all about judgement.

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
Is this interruptable?
F3, 2, NDC and instead of cancelling it with back + block, you input a buzzsaw or tornado slam?
F3, 2 NDC is usually interruptable and predictable if you face someone who is familiar with the frame data. They will low poke you if you keep on using it. But thats when you do the buzzsaw and tornado slam.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
^ That.

You have to remember that Kabal still has a 50/50 at the end of every string. I am learning that if your opponent gets poke happy, start conditioning them with the saw or overhead. What I am working on is getting them accustomed to blocking the overhead, and then throwing out the 2NDC which opens up more pressure options. It's a giant guessing game and honestly the hardest part is not letting yourself slip into a pattern. At least for me that is.

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
^ That.

You have to remember that Kabal still has a 50/50 at the end of every string. I am learning that if your opponent gets poke happy, start conditioning them with the saw or overhead. What I am working on is getting them accustomed to blocking the overhead, and then throwing out the 2NDC which opens up more pressure options. It's a giant guessing game and honestly the hardest part is not letting yourself slip into a pattern. At least for me that is.
like I said "that's when you do the buzzsaw and tornado slam". Most people online are just practice for Nomad Dash Cancels but cancels can either work against you or pressure the opponent.