What's new

Jupiter seems to have the break under control as he wins The Break Weekly #244

With winter brawl 8, and a nice juicy pot bonus, just around the corner, tournament experience is very crucial, and the break was no exception tonight. The air was full of talented players from the tristate area. Zyphox returned for his vengence against jupiter, Grr crossed the bridge to break some backs, and the usuals were in attendance. However, Jupiter denies zyphox his taste for victory, and keeps his title as the break champion.

This week we will begin to feature "entrance theme/victory" music

EMPR Jupiter's them song is: Please hit Play now

From the Break Weekly room we now have sight of the Martian heading to WB/SCR but as this moment it is still unclear as to how he will not win. What we do know is that all top players are being sent out to minimize his chances of winning. This could be the end. I will keep you posted as we try to get this situation under control

Ring Announcer: "Here is your Winner...Emperorrr, Majin Juuupiter! "

Warriors that have fallen before their time:

• 7L loses an 8 hour battle, before the break even started, in the hospital after they told him to stay free and that his appendix doesn't need to be remove (All jokes aside, he is OK )
  • KDZ Falls to the d2xxBP hands of Grr
  • DarthArma Falls from a frozen heart (Claude VonStroke)
  • Claude Vonstroke preforms "hara kiri" at the mercy of Rico
  • Rico Falls to Jupiter's Majin Bu powers
  • Grr was too Slow for Zyphox, and he too falls into losers bracket.
Finals
Winners finals was a clash between Jupiter and Zyphox. This was a tremendous back and forth, with everyone on the edge of their seat. Zyphox takes the first match with a ridiculously clutch read and wins by his blinking pixel and was accompanied by a slight pop off of "You shouldn't have done that!!"

However, jupiter brought it back, and won the set 2-3, sending zyphox to losers finals.

Loser's Finals
Zyphox is sent back to finish the job of eliminating the character loyalist known as Grr. Bane put up a fight, but it wasnt enough to stop the newly..."feeling himself" zyphox.

Grand finals was a runback between zyphox and Jupiter, only this time, it seemed like the spirit to fight and reset the bracket was gone. Zyphox seemed torn and defeated. Jupiter winning with a convincing 3-0 victory.

Results:

1st:EMPR Jupiter
2nd:EMPR Zyphox
3rd:EMPR Grr
4th:RG Rico Suave
5th:EMP KDZ
5th:G4S Claude Von Stroke
7th:EMP Darth Arma
7th:Ronald Rogan
9th:Lance
9th:KN Shock
9th:SSzero
9th:KingJamez
13th:Icy​

Challonge:

http://8wayrun.challonge.com/thebreak244igau

GrandFinals

Losers finals:

Winners finals

@CrimsonShadow

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So can we say that Zyphox might be good now, or will be forever be blown up?

@GGA 16 Bit

Editor's note: I have no strong opinions either way.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
last week before playing jupiter i was like "am not losing to jupiter this match is 7 - 3 flash" then i get bopped. this week am like iight its 6 - 4 MU i got this, lose 3 - 2 close set. then at GF am like okay this is definitely an even MU, MMH is fucking stupid, only to get bopped 3 - 0.

@EMPEROR_JUPITER

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
"From the Break Weekly room we now have sight of the Martian heading to WB/SCR but as this moment it is still unclear as to how he will not win. What we do know is that all top players are being sent out to minimize his chances of winning. This could be the end. I will keep you posted as we try to get this situation under control." :cool:

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Not sure if it was on my end or from the stream but I was only getting a slide show with audio trying to watch live. Great games from everything I saw live, just watched the youtube videos. Nice job Jupiter and @Zyphox, awesome to see Flash in Grand Finals! Gumby will be defeated one of these weeks.

Zyphox

i wonder how outsiders would do at the break, and likewise how some top break players would do at other locals around the country.

BTW break steak > tony's all day son (obviously biased XD)
@GGA 16 Bit

Zyphox

Thank god @Zyphox is doing well now

I was really worried there about my original rebelo

@Zyphox all jokes aside now take your momentum to WB

Congrats

Great job @EMPEROR_BOOOOOOOOOOOPITERR u make it look easy
honestly i just need to play more patient and tighten up my execution, i know it was ps3 but still, i will make it to winterbrawl but i have to drive up on saturday morning, so no friday casuals :( anyone that has extra space in a hotel room for sunday IF i make top 8 hit meh up if not i may just drive back home (only an hour or so away and drive back on sunday for top 8)

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
I will now say... zyphox may in fact be good.
Was later than expected, but I'm glad to see the rise of Zyphox.
Thank god @Zyphox is doing well now

I was really worried there about my original rebelo

@Zyphox all jokes aside now take your momentum to WB

Congrats

Great job @EMPEROR_BOOOOOOOOOOOPITERR u make it look easy
thanks pig!and its too late you fools :joker:. im the only one not in zyphox's sights when he blows up!! for real though. hes a great player and made me go all out to beat him in WF