What's new

[Jun 22,2012] MWC 2012 Nashville, TN 3 DAYS OF MADNESS,SF,MK,UMVC3,ST. HITBOX ALLOWED! (Antioch, TN)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I have a question about this...

Is MK9 ... JUST ... on Friday? If so, I would totally ask off work for this. I only work 4 hours on Fridays. I could also do Saturday (I'm off that day) ... just don't wanna miss work on Sundays.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
I have a question about this...

Is MK9 ... JUST ... on Friday? If so, I would totally ask off work for this. I only work 4 hours on Fridays. I could also do Saturday (I'm off that day) ... just don't wanna miss work on Sundays.
yea mk has its own day,unless ur tryin to play casuals which will just be everyday

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
yea mk has its own day,unless ur tryin to play casuals which will just be everyday
ok cool... assuming I can get the day off, I'm gonna go to this. I'd stay for Saturday too, but I don't have that kind of money to be shelling out for hotel rooms. I would just plan on driving up and driving back.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Flyer by-Doromac

In its 19th year, MWC 2012 is bigger and better than ever! Part of the EVO series for a 4th year!​
Costs:​
$25 cover charge for your first tournament. $10 per tournament entry fee EXCEPT for Super Turbo which is $20 to enter.​
Your tournament crew:​
Jason "DreamTR" Wilson​
Richard "SlowJamzMixTape" Smith​
Chris "Negro Justice" Brown​
Brandon "GoldenOreos" Brocius​
Jonathan "Milln" Conaway​
Your tournament security​
"Beat-em-up" (6'2, 400 pounds)​
Game Galaxy (actual tournaments will be held in a location nearby)​
Hickory Hollow Mall​
5252 Hickory Hollow Parkway​
Antioch, TN 37013​
(615) 731-1500​
Rules: Please note the ONLY items allowed for use in the tournament are unmodified pads and standard joysticks. The MK2 and UMK3 and ST arcade tournaments will only be played on the standard arcade equipment. Turbo is not allowed in any tournament. "HITBOXES ALLOWED". If you have a question about a specific stick/pad to use, please contact us.​
You must be on time. If you are not on time and REGISTERED before each tournament and want to enter late you will be charged an additional $10 IF we have room to place you in the bracket. Arriving late? Have friends SIGN YOU UP and PAY FOR YOUR ENTRY FEES/COVER CHARGES.​
70-20-10 split for Top 3 spots in all games EXCEPT Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Mortal Kombat 2, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.​
Special RULES for Super Turbo ONLY:​
Rules: 3/5 throughout the tournament, 4/7 grand finals, double elimination.​
Format: Japanese cabinet​
US board: on Free Select speed in service menu, players must pick Turbo 2 in-game every single match.​
Payout: 65% (1st) 10% (2nd) 5% (3rd) and 20% is set aside for the EVO Main Event pot.​
Winner is rewarded with one of 32 slots in the EVO Tournament of Legends, taking place the weekend of July 7, fighting for a pot of ~$3,000.​
Important NOTE: If 1st place has previously been awarded a qualifier spot, 2nd place will get the EVO spot (but NOT the 1st-place prize money, which stays with the winner).​
Schedule:
Friday June 22, 2012
11am-Signups
12pm-Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3)
3pm-King of Fighters XIII (360)
3pm- Arcade Mortal Kombat 2 (Limited to 1st 16 entrants, winner take all)
5pm-Arcade Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Limited to 1st 16 entrants, winner take all)
7pm-Arcade Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Special EVO Top 32 Qualifier only!)
Saturday June 23, 2012
11am-Signups
12pm-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v 2012 (360)
3pm-Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
6pm (Street Fighter X Tekken) (360)
Sunday June 24, 2012
12pm-Signups
1pm-Soul Calibur V (system TBA)
3pm-Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (system TBA)​
?-Mystery Tournament (time and game TBA)​
MORE TOURNAMENTS TBA on SUNDAY​
Main Events:​
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v 2012​
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3​
King of Fighters XIII​
Street Fighter X Tekken​
Soul Calibur V​
Mortal Kombat 9​
Side Tournaments:​
Mortal Kombat II (arcade cabinet only, no pads or devices allowed)​
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (arcade cabinet only, no pads or devices allowed)​
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (arcade cabinet only, no pads or devices allowed)​
Mystery Tournament (Sunday)​
Original Post
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jun-22-2012-mwc-2012-nashville-tn-3-days-of-madness-sf-mk-umvc3-st-more-antioch-tn.152079/
Where do we pre register or do we register there?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
There is no way I can make a friday at noon deal. NO WAY.
that has to be changed. People who work .... like myself..... can't justify taking time off. Just move it to Saturday like 100% of the other tourneys.

MK will be like Seasons beatings.... sigh

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
There is no way I can make a friday at noon deal. NO WAY.
that has to be changed. People who work .... like myself..... can't justify taking time off. Just move it to Saturday like 100% of the other tourneys.

MK will be like Seasons beatings.... sigh
I'm going to be asking for friday off. If you do it far enough in advance, surely they would let you.

Was hoping to see you there. =/

GoldenOreos I live nearby, but I haven't played on a cab since the arcade days. I would be more inclined to come if pads were allowed on MK2 and UMK3. I still may come anyway, but let us know if this could possibly be changed. Thanks.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
GoldenOreos I live nearby, but I haven't played on a cab since the arcade days. I would be more inclined to come if pads were allowed on MK2 and UMK3. I still may come anyway, but let us know if this could possibly be changed. Thanks.
yea man i go into work tomorrow. i will see what he says about adding pads to the cabs and let u know. im a pad player aswell so we shall see

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
ok so i asked about the pads on the cab situation. the only way he is going to allow pads on the cab is if there r a bunch of players coming to play, only thing is we only have two inputs so if enough of u confirm to play it will most likely go on the umk cab. so i need atleast like 10 confirmations to get this done. so just let me know guys

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
this has been posted for months so u could have scheduled ahead man
thats not really my point.
Just think about how every other tournament is run. You could at the very least make MK9 start at around 8 or 9pm. It is the principle of the thing. I know 3 people who won't make it because of the time.
It is just silly to have ANY game start at Noon on a Friday.

thats not really my point.
Just think about how every other tournament is run. You could at the very least make MK9 start at around 8 or 9pm. It is the principle of the thing. I know 3 people who won't make it because of the time.
It is just silly to have ANY game start at Noon on a Friday.
Let's see what is wrong with this picture.

Catering to MK players is one of the hardest things to do. They whine. They complain. They want everything their way. And we haven't even gotten into the game yet.

To recap:
This tournament has been posted for months.

You asked for PlayStation 3, we gave it to you.
You asked for Hitboxes being allowed; we gave it to you.

Now you are complaining about the time? Really?

We have to leave the venue by 10pm. Renting this venue means not wanting to be there running tournaments until 2am-3am. You have to be insane/idiotic/moronic/high on everything imaginable to think that MK with super long matches should start as the last game of the night.

The very REASON I scheduled it at 12pm is because of how long I have seen these tournaments take.

By the way, you realize EVO has had pools at 9am and 10am before, right? This is about scheduling OUR tournament so WE have time to RUN IT EFFICIENTLY. Apparently you aren't aware of this aspect of it and are used to MK players playing in the bathroom at other tournaments.

Have you been to one of my tournaments or an MWC before? Probably not. We run them fast and efficient. We don't settle for "players" trying to make the rules.

The fact of the matter is we want people to come but I'm not moving around schedules so three guys can "show up" at 8pm while the other 20 or so guys who already made plans to be there at 12pm can be pissed off based on your "principle."

This is precisely why of all my years playing MK I can not understand how MK players act the way they do about the gameplay, complaining about sticks, controllers, buttons, tournaments; etc. This isn't even a gripe, it's a well known fact that the MK community is sort of a laughing stock because of this and it's embarrassing for me as an MK player sometimes to even say I play MK and I love the series but some of the players can just be ignorant beyond belief.

Our rules are final. The only system we're even running PS3 is MK catered specifically because you guys state it being the "standard" even though the development team even scratches their head about it AND I am allowing hitboxes for you guys but that's all I have to say on the subject. Come or don't come but don't lecture me on scheduling "times" on a game. We have a schedule to abide by from renting the venue and that's that. Complain at EVO for their early "pool" assignments too why don't you? They've had them in the past. Have people wake up earlier or something or spend the night before. It's not too hard to figure out.

How are people going to play at EVO? Pools start on Fridays, I mean it's pretty black and white here. Big tournament, 3 day event, lots of stuff going on.

Also about the "pads" for MK2 and UMK3; It's a 16 man side tournament guys. I'm not bringing out Jamma converters just for a 16 man tournament. We did this before and people who said they would be there weren't so it's not happening.

GoldenOreos will take it from here..

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
LOL.... yeah you got me there sir.

My point went right over your head... and thats fine.
MK9 should be later in the day.... flipping with the UMK3 and Super Turbo..... that is simply a fact. Especially since it is on a Friday.

This isn't EVO.... this is MWC.

LOL.... yeah you got me there sir.

My point went right over your head... and thats fine.
MK9 should be later in the day.... flipping with the UMK3 and Super Turbo..... that is simply a fact. Especially since it is on a Friday.

This isn't EVO.... this is MWC.
Venue we have to be out by 10pm. MK takes a long time, and so does KOF. Apparently that "point" went back over your head as well.

AS it is with EVO we have a lot of games to run, so your little comment about it makes no sense since we have a full slate for Saturday and Sunday as well and I don't overlap tournaments unlike other tournament directors.

DreamTR What would be the problem with someone bringing their PS3 with MKAK on it for MK2 and UMK3? I'm just wondering, so please don't blow a fuse on me.
Because the tournament is an arcade side tournament, specifically for arcade. We just aren't doing a console tournament for it, that's all. Trying to get people to respect the arcade side of it. I can understand your concern if you haven't played it on stick in awhile, but it's just a side tournament winner take all, so you know what you are up against meaning practice on stick or cabinet....

If it was a qualifier and part of the actual tournament we would do console but we are strictly doing arcade on three games.

I'm not mad at your question, it's the "entitlement" questions the other guy has looking for special treatment and circumstance that I have an issue with...people can take days off and if they can't that is just the way it is like any tournament. Heck people work on Saturdays too, I would love tournaments to be Weds evenings myself so I can go to more of them =)