What's new

Jump kicks are now overhead

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when Sub Zero blocked some JIK's in training mode, it said OVERHEAD.

I know this isn't MK9, but this is going to help massively vs small hit box characters.
For me, this is a huge change, now, crouching with a small hit box as a general form of defence against a crossover isn't going to always work, unless you have a hitbox lowering d4, and even then, it might be a risk.

Small hit box characters might actually have to defend a cross up, instead of having everything just whiff...

I think it will be refreshing to cross over a small hit box character and catch them with a cross over jump kick and it will actually hit a crouched opponent, I'm sure some characters can combo from this, i.e Kung Lao, in tempest, with MB spin, or maybe just a fast normal.

Anyone?
Anyone care?
I do.

If I could tag the entire Kung Lao community I will...

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
thats interesting.
njp attacks seem to scrap the damn ground hitbox wise aswell, tyler njp mileenas roll last stream :/

hmm, I liked how in mk9 jumpkicks and jumppunches had an entirely different use. I wonder if it is just like other fighting games now where the only thing that is different is the hitboxes.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It could definitely be a good offensive option, but I doubt it'll be hit confirmable. For cross over defense I think backdashing will be really good as a general get-out option on reaction to a cross over, which are slower and more floaty than Injustice, but characters like Kung Lao/Jin and Milenna will still be able to capitalize on a read with their air specials.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yea, backdashing a cross up is always possible, but only when you know its coming.

I am talking about those players that just abused the low hit box crouch blocks because they knew they wouldn't have to focus on defending.

Calling it now, the JK being overhead will change that for small hit box characters abusing crouch blocks on cross ups.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yea, backdashing a cross up is always possible, but only when you know its coming.

I am talking about those players that just abused the low hit box crouch blocks because they knew they wouldn't have to focus on defending.

Calling it now, the JK being overhead will change that for small hit box characters abusing crouch blocks on cross ups.
I don't know about only on a read, I was doing it to Ketchup and Mustard a while ago in our first sitting with MKX, I think it's a reaction, not a read.