What's new

[Jul 26, 2014] MVG open 2014 (jamaica, ny)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Theres gotta be a way to get our game more money at tournaments. I hate seeing players lose money winning tournaments and traveling to events just to support the scene. Honestly we should respect everyone in this community when you factor in that equation

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Theres gotta be a way to get our game more money at tournaments. I hate seeing players lose money winning tournaments and traveling to events just to support the scene. Honestly we should respect everyone in this community when you factor in that equation
there certainly is and there are more ways to approach it. one of them is entrants, we always have to keep entrants high, so ya gotta show up. another is stream numbers. the average injustice stream doesnt get nearly the same amount of viewers as the average stream for something that does consistently get money like league, starcraft or dota. another way is to somehow make the game more attractive to sponsors which is really hard to tackle. if the tournament standard was PC then there would be a lot more doors opened for sponsorship. too bad the pc version is ass :/

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
There is we have MLG with a 6k pot and only 50 people signed up for it SMH. If numbers are good, they would probably carry it for the season.

500 is still pretty good, thats about the equivilent of a 70 entrants at 10 dollars each, and 70% going to the winner.The 500 at MVG is going to go to the first place winner, and then top 8 (yes all of top 8) will get a prize based on the number of entrants. Although this injustice tournament isnt giving as much cash as MLG, it might if this tournament has entrants. You can see that this company has the resources to get the bigger prize for the bigger tournaments, so now it's time to prove that we are worth it too. If we get the stream viewers, if we get the regions to come out and represent and make this thing hype, and more importantly, if we get a good number of entrants, we can start getting bigger prize money.

Every bit helps guys, if you have a friend who loves call of duty or anything else on here, let them know NYC is starting a new E-sports League

Status
Not open for further replies.