What's new

Match-up Discussion Juicy VIII.c: My Final(ized) MU chart

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I should have clarified more. When i say that batman is a good defensive character, i don't mean that he can only play defensively, i just think that this strength is underused by batman players. They need to do a better job of balancing going in with being defensive, because right now the balance is skewed towards being super aggressive.
It doesn't matter if you play defensive. GL never has to come to you. You always have to come to GL, why does Batman's defense matter if he always has to get in on GL?

If Batman is playing defensive while GL is playing defense, he'll lose. He is forced to play offense on GL's defense, where he also loses

Are we still talking this? Damn lol. I am surprised cowboy doesn't see why GL has a slight advantage. Batman only wins if he gets a hit (which he ain't opening gl up unless he messes up) or if he manages to get a good lead and lame it out (which almost never happens because the projectile game is in GL favor/ the meter building game). Also u have to factor in stages which would just help GL lame it out. Also off a knockdown, Batman just has to hold that and deal with the mixup.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Are we still talking this? Damn lol. I am surprised cowboy doesn't see why GL has a slight advantage. Batman only wins if he gets a hit (which he ain't opening gl up unless he messes up) or if he manages to get a good lead and lame it out (which almost never happens because the projectile game is in GL favor/ the meter building game). Also u have to factor in stages which would just help GL lame it out. Also off a knockdown, Batman just has to hold that and deal with the mixup.
To be fair, I can see why the argument is going on. If you're on the list of being able to backdash and punish B13, then it's worth having the discussion, in my opinion. And it's not a measly one either: it will probably be 40% with a bar or at worst into that faux crossup/crossup setup off of the grapple. It's certainly a big factor, and even I thought it was bad for GL until I had fully explored the depth of GL's toolset. I do think that it's a mistake to write off GL and his footsie game as 1-dimensional; it stints matchup talk and is too often run to as an argument against Lantern.

Mr. Reason has spoken

ForeverKing

To be fair, I can see why the argument is going on. If you're on the list of being able to backdash and punish B13, then it's worth having the discussion, in my opinion. And it's not a measly one either: it will probably be 40% with a bar or at worst into that faux crossup/crossup setup off of the grapple. It's certainly a big factor, and even I thought it was bad for GL until I had fully explored the depth of GL's toolset. I do think that it's a mistake to write off GL and his footsie game as 1-dimensional; it stints matchup talk and is too often run to as an argument against Lantern.
Being able to punish B13 doesn't determine the entire matchup number. That's one of 100 things about the matchup

coolwhip

Noob
I'm pretty sure trait bats only punish a max range lift if Batman has 3 bats out. I don't think one bat punishes a max range lift if we're talking about a legit max range lift (as in, the absolute maximum distance). It punishes it on whiff though.

Also, Batman needs to have trait to punish b13 after backdashing. Granted the combination of that and the parry gives him options against GL's B13.

Moreover, the idea that up batarangs are supposed to stop GL from using air missiles is ridiculous. Air missiles out-range up batarang significantly. For GL to be hit with an up batarang while going for air missiles, he needs to be somewhere within that mid range. But if he's there, why wouldn't he just play footsies?

Last edited:

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I'm pretty sure trait bats only punish a max range lift if Batman has 3 bats out. I don't think one bat does not punish a max range lift if we're talking about a legit max range lift (as in, the absolute maximum distance). It punishes it on whiff though.

Also, Batman needs to have trait to punish b13 after backdashing. Granted the combination of that and the parry gives him options against GL's B13.

Moreover, the idea that up batarangs are supposed to stop GL from using air missiles is ridiculous. Air missiles out-range up batarang significantly. For GL to be hit with an up batarang while going for air missiles, he needs to be somewhere within that mid range. But if he's there, why wouldn't he just play footsies?
Because his footsie options get punished hard. Again, its an equal guessing game but there is no way GL wins in that situation.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
His footsies options don't necessarily get "punished hard." It has already been established that max range lift can only be punished in a very specific way. It was also established that b1 gets around trait. At footsies range, all GL has to do is walk back and make Batman spend trait to get in. Even then, its not gauranteed Batman will get in. One pushblock and he loses trait and now has to deal with b1, lift, minigun, or more zoning.

RM Nubcakes

On the grind again
I think Wound's vague retorts to the multitude of extremely specific MU related statements made by king, rude, MIT, and co demonstrate that he really doesn't know what he's talking about. Sure, making statements like "BM players need to backdash b13 more" and "BM players should play more lame/outzone GL" (why not if he can outzone sinestro too? :rolleyes:) feed the illusion that he is knowledgable; but when the aforementioned people make mention of specific MU dynamics such as:
- BM can't punish a backdashed b13 (he doesn't even get free pressure because his normals don't have enough range) unless he has trait or has his back to the corner (how is BM going to get in on GL without using trait when GL has a b1/a solid d2/all those zoning options?)
- b1 can go underneath trait bats
- GL's zoning options deal more damage (mb or non-mb) and cover twice as much distance in half the time
- Even with trait, BM has a hard time punishing a zone-happy GL
- BM is at the mercy of GL's diverse oki options
- Because of GL's great walk speed, it's hard to consistently play right outside his b1 range in hopes of whiff-punishing (which can only be done with trait as well)

And his response is "gross bodied you at mlg," "GL's footsie options get punished hard," or simply ignore some of these points altogether, someone has to call bullshit.

Wound, you're the homie and all, but if you're gonna make these wild claims, back them up with quantifiable examples instead of trying to convince everyone that BM players are just that amateur...it makes sense now though, if you're able to convince enough people that BM is this unstoppable, impenetrable force, it allows you to downplay sinestro that much more and feed the narrative that you're just that much of a godsend to whichever "shitter" of a character you main.

You guys, I see the light full-circle now! :p

I think Wound's vague retorts to the multitude of extremely specific MU related statements made by king, rude, MIT, and co demonstrate that he really doesn't know what he's talking about. Sure, making statements like "BM players need to backdash b13 more" and "BM players should play more lame/outzone GL" (why not if he can outzone sinestro too? :rolleyes:) feed the illusion that he is knowledgable; but when the aforementioned people make mention of specific MU dynamics such as:
- BM can't punish a backdashed b13 (he doesn't even get free pressure because his normals don't have enough range) unless he has trait or has his back to the corner (how is BM going to get in on GL without using trait when GL has a b1/a solid d2/all those zoning options?)
- GL's zoning options deal more damage (mb or non-mb) and cover twice as much distance in half the time
- Because of GL's great walk speed, it's hard to consistently play right outside his b1 range in hopes of whiff-punishing (which can only be done with trait as well)

And his response is "gross bodied you at mlg," "GL's footsie options get punished hard," or simply ignore some of these points altogether, someone has to call bullshit.

Wound, you're the homie and all, but if you're gonna make these wild claims, back them up with quantifiable examples instead of trying to convince everyone that BM players are just that amateur...it makes sense now though, if you're able to convince enough people that BM is this unstoppable, impenetrable force, it allows you to downplay sinestro that much more and feed the narrative that you're just that much of a godsend to whichever "shitter" of a character you main.

#YEEEEAAAPP and tbh we can throw the numbers out and just compare the tools and it isn't hard to see that GL has more advantages haha. The fact that slips (a FG veteran) can see it without even playing the two characters says it all.

ForeverKing

...it makes sense now though, if you're able to convince enough people that BM is this unstoppable, impenetrable force, it allows you to downplay sinestro that much more and feed the narrative that you're just that much of a godsend to whichever "shitter" of a character you main.

WoundCowboy losing to me in tournaments is literally the only reason he upplays Batman a ridiculous amount. I bet any money if I never played Batman, Wound would probably have Batman outside of top 15 and as a 6-4 matchup in Sinestro's favor.

Pretend I never even played Injustice:

Batman would be missing around 13 Top 8's and Wound would have never lost to a Batman in the history of Injustice's release. I'm pretty sure the only reason he thinks Batman is so good is because me :p So it's all good I guess. Maybe I'll go easy on him next we play so he doesn't get the wrong impression of Batman lmao

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
WoundCowboy losing to me in tournaments is literally the only reason he upplays Batman a ridiculous amount. I bet any money if I never played Batman, Wound would probably have Batman outside of top 15 and as a 6-4 matchup in Sinestro's favor.

Pretend I never even played Injustice:

Batman would be missing around 13 Top 8's and Wound would have never lost to a Batman in the history of Injustice's release. I'm pretty sure the only reason he thinks Batman is so good is because me :p So it's all good I guess. Maybe I'll go easy on him next we play so he doesn't get the wrong impression of Batman lmao
Lol if i based my opinion of batman off of how our sets go now, i would think that he sucks.

You gave nothing that is quantifiable lol. And yea, i'll say it: i am a better player than you. You can't beat me in a 7-3 mu with AQUAFUCKINMAN. Batman isn't your problem.

ForeverKing

Lol if i based my opinion of batman off of how our sets go now, i would think that he sucks.

You gave nothing that is quantifiable lol. And yea, i'll say it: i am a better player than you. You can't beat me in a 7-3 mu with AQUAFUCKINMAN. Batman isn't your problem.
Well you haven't played me since SCR so..... Yeah lol. And Sinestro vs Batman at SCR had to be 7-3 Sinestros favor! If Sinestro has trait what is Batman supposed to do?? If I do anything bedsides throw I get pushblocked and lose 20% health and get sent full screen. And you could do it 3 times! Ridiculous. So I don't want to hear it.

If it wasn't for me, you would have never had any reason to say Batman is great

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Well you haven't played me since SCR so..... Yeah lol. And Sinestro vs Batman at SCR had to be 7-3 Sinestros favor! If Sinestro has trait what is Batman supposed to do?? If I do anything bedsides throw I get pushblocked and lose 20% health and get sent full screen. And you could do it 3 times! Ridiculous. So I don't want to hear it.

If it wasn't for me, you would have never had any reason to say Batman is great
I've always thought he was good. And no, we have played in multiple sets online since then. I am winning without using the tech.

gross

Noob
I don't know why people keep talking about DD vs GL I already said that is 6-4 GL favor so you like it or not I'm the best GL and nobody can beat me with DD the only one that can make the MU look even Is Noobe because we play each other all the time and he knows that the GL beat DD but now I'll say it again:

if you think that DD beat GL.well i believe that my next tournament will be Final Round so all you have to do is challenge me and put money on the table and I swear I'm going to show you how bad I'll beat you ass.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I don't know why people keep talking about DD vs GL I already said that is 6-4 GL favor so you like it or not I'm the best GL and nobody can beat me with DD the only one that can make the MU look even Is Noobe because we play each other all the time and he knows that the GL beat DD but now I'll say it again:

if you think that DD beat GL.well i believe that my next tournament will be Final Round so all you have to do is challenge me and put money on the table and I swear I'm going to show you how bad I'll beat you ass.
Make a GL mu chart.