What's new

Juicy VII: Hypothetical Team Battle Mortal Kombat 9 vs. Injustice

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
For 2 years now there's been talk of which game takes more skill and requires more fundamentals. There's been whispers that some of the new blood top players that reached the top in Injustice wouldn't have done well in MK9. There's chatter that some of the old guard MK9 guys might be washed up and couldn't hang in Injustice. With a new game on the horizon there will be no excuses about people "not even playing this game". Clean slate. So if there was a 5 vs. 5 team battle at EVO in MKX between MK9 players and Injustice players who would you want to see in the teams? Who would win?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Does REO count as a "Washed up MK9 player" considering he and Theo are the only players in Injustice history to make Top 8 in every single tournament he's entered?

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Does REO count as a "Washed up MK9 player" considering he's the only player in Injustice history to make Top 8 in every single tournament he's entered?

I think so, since he's made it clear MK is his passion and he disappears for months.

There could be a third team with guys who have been strong in both. DJT, Chris G, Cowboy, Pig, King, myself and so on. He could qualify for that as well.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I think so, since he's made it clear MK is his passion and he disappears for months.

There could be a third team with guys who have been strong in both. DJT, Chris G, Cowboy, Pig, King, myself and so on. He could qualify for that as well.
I purposely left out people who did well in both games while they were at their peak competitively, so my team for that basis would be
Reo
King
Pig
16 Bit
DJT

Someone make this triple team MKX tournament happen.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

Yeah, I was thinking about several names I couldn't write because they've been successful in both games. This helps a lot, thanks.

Team MK 9

CD Jr.
Perfect Legend
Tom Brady
Curbolicious
Insuperable

Team Injustice

Theo
Glass Sword
Jupiter
Max
Darth Arma

Team Hybrid

Sonic Fox
Chris G
REO
Pig of The Hut
16 Bit

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Well we could go with the cliche thing and do the whole most decorated players in both games, but in all realness, it's gotta be the biggest propaganda artists on each side.

Nothing personal to anyone I've listed.

MK9, anti-IGAU contingent:

Claude Von Stroke
MikeMetroid
SwiftTomHanks
CDJR
WoundCowboy (IDK about this one, he's a pretty big misinformation-monger in both games actually)

IGAU, anti-MK9 contingent:

Glass Sword
Theo
Zyphox
P2W
DMS aka Cal-El aka whatever 3rd name he had on here aka The Boss

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Well we could go with the cliche thing and do the whole most decorated players in both games, but in all realness, it's gotta be the biggest propaganda artists on each side.

When have I ever claimed to be "Anti-MK 9"? I joined this site because I liked watching Pig's Mileena and hearing Tom Brady rant about things.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

When have I ever claimed to be "Anti-MK 9"? I joined this site because I liked watching Pig's Mileena and hearing Tom Brady rant about things.

Perhaps you don't fit the "Anti-MK9" jurisdiction per se, but you were a solid B at best in popularity before the Injustice era.

And admittedly I was just.... really strapped for any more ideas.

For the MK9 team:
CD JR
Dizzy
Scar
PL
Cat

For the IGAU team:
Honeybee
Theo
Jupiter
Whiteboi
KDZ

For the Hybrid team:
Me
DJT
Pig
Bit
Sonicfox

For the potential team:
SatsuiYesHadou
Forever King Jr
Jeremiah
Blackula
Skynis
(for this list I am not too sure but I just listed who came to mind as players I could definitely see putting in some work in MKX)
P.S. Team Hybrid takes it free #YEEEAAPPP @GGA 16 Bit

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Perhaps you don't fit the "Anti-MK9" jurisdiction per se, but you were a solid B at best in popularity before the Injustice era.

And admittedly I was just.... really strapped for any more ideas.
Lol, I was a troll named Jade's Pimp. I didn't start doing anything for the community until Injustice dropped.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
For the MK9 team:
CD JR
Dizzy
Scar
PL
Cat

For the IGAU team:
Honeybee
Theo
Jupiter
Whiteboi
KDZ

For the Hybrid team:
Me
DJT
Pig
Bit
Sonicfox

For the potential team:
SatsuiYesHadou
Forever King Jr
Jeremiah
Blackula
Skynis
(for this list I am not too sure but I just listed who came to mind as players I could definitely see putting in some work in MKX)
P.S. Team Hybrid takes it free #YEEEAAPPP @GGA 16 Bit
I was gonna like your post but then I read the last sentence.

I don't know all of the MK9 people since I wasn't around for that but if I were to make the teams, I would do something like:

MK9
w1nterwarz
Tom Brady
CDJr
Maxter
Detroit Ballin

IGAU
HoneyBee
Jupiter
Theo
Whiteboi
Ducky

Hybrid
16Bit
Pig of the Hut
Perfect Legend
SonicFox
REO

I dunno about Team Jobber lol

Last edited:
I was gonna like your post but then I read the last sentence.

I don't know all of the MK9 people since I wasn't around for that but if I were to make the teams, I would do something like:

MK9
w1nterwarz
Tom Brady
CDJr
Maxter
Detroit Ballin

IGAU
HoneyBee
Jupiter
Theo
Whiteboi
Ducky

Hybrid
16Bit
Pig of the Hut
Perfect Legend
SonicFox
REO

I dunno about Team Jobber lol
aye I was just keeping it honest lol my last sentence is necessary :p

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Team MK9:
REO
CDjr
Curbo
Dizzy
Detroit

Note: I would have put Maxter over Curbo, but Curbo was super vocal about his dislike for INJ whereas Maxter actually played for a decent amount of time and had some success (Top 16 at NEC 2013)

Team INJ:
Theo
Jupiter
HoneyBee
Blind Ducky
Whiteboi

Team Hybrid:
16-Bit
Pig of the Hut
Sonic Fox
Wound Cowboy
DJT

Team Jobber:
Dab
Syknis
GamerBlake
Satsui
Asian Tom

Last edited:

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3

Nothing personal to anyone I've listed.

MK9, anti-IGAU contingent:

Claude Von Stroke
MikeMetroid
SwiftTomHanks
CDJR
WoundCowboy (IDK about this one, he's a pretty big misinformation-monger in both games actually)

IGAU, anti-MK9 contingent:

Glass Sword
Theo
Zyphox
P2W
Sinestro: a top 10 character
Shang: a mid tier character.

What misinformation?