What's new

Tech Joker OTG Crowbar Tech Patch 1.06

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Why would a GL player even be worried about Joker Corner tech? It requires a lot of good reads and precise execution, which I am still struggling with online. Any Joker mains going to be on psn this weekend?

DarkPage

Noob
This is some revolutionary stuff here. Idk where this puts joker, but basically puts it on the player that he or she can beat anyone as long as they play it well enough

laudanum09

Darling
Hey if you want, now its front paged, I can tag you guys for credit on stuff. It's only reasonable so let me know what.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Hey if you want, now its front paged, I can tag you guys for credit on stuff. It's only reasonable so let me know what.
I'm good with just the movie. I don't think I really came up with too much else. Pretty sure I was at work the whole time you guys were coming up with stuff, and I don't really care either way. I just like to call Qwark out when he steals tech because it's fun ;).

Zino

Noob

I feel the majority of the tech was team work. I confirmed some mid-screen otgs and the corner teeth otg but im not the one who posted the entire set-up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm good with just the movie. I don't think I really came up with too much else. Pretty sure I was at work the whole time you guys were coming up with stuff, and I don't really care either way. I just like to call Qwark out when he steals tech because it's fun ;).
I don't steal the tech, I invent the tech within the tech.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Something I tried to work on:

CrowbarMB, dash, D2 (ok nothing new here), then db2MB (with the d2 before) or d2(crowbar) again. It works = 50/50

Something is strange btw ... Sometimes the d2 hits, sometimes he doesn't... It's really less stable than the B1 in my opinion

laudanum09

Darling
Something I tried to work on:

CrowbarMB, dash, D2 (ok nothing new here), then db2MB (with the d2 before) or d2(crowbar) again. It works = 50/50

Something is strange btw ... Sometimes the d2 hits, sometimes he doesn't... It's really less stable than the B1 in my opinion

I think it's less a hitbox issue and more of a timing issue. It works on Lex and Bats, Lex being huge and Bats being very lithe. Also, where and how you hit crowbar and space it results in different distances for the knockdown. However, your option is much better than b1 / Crowbar. It's a reactable but relatively fast 50/50. D2 into either MB RLG or Crowbar, both safe options. Good stuff.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Yeah, spacing is a big deal with alot of the crowbar OTG stuff. D2 stuff actually took me the longest to record as well. Even when you catch them as close as possible, it's reaaaallly inconsistent. As for the spacing, as a rule of thumb, you can look at where you are relative to their legs when you are smashing them on the ground. If you're standing inside of their (let's say roughly at their ankles/calves or higher) then you should be good with pretty much every follow OTG. However, if you are further outside of that (at the feet or outside of their legs) you're options seem to be limited to the crowbar OTG, and possibly the crossup ji2 stuff, or that silly teeth poushblock thing I threw in there.

laudanum09

Darling
MB rlg is never a 50 50

youre right, 50/50s involve a committed guess which is negated by the fact that its reactable.

it's a mixup. it's not a bad one either considering how limited joker's options are. the fact that wakeups are a non-issue makes it even better, it's purely on our end, no guessing game against our favor for once.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
why is crowbar teeth into d2 crowbar labeled unviable, its free guaranteed damage, they only get knocked out if they dont block in whichcase you 32 for a combo.

laudanum09

Darling
okay, I'll update it. I just figured knocking them out of the corner wasn't exactly what we'd want.

So if they do attempt to block and get hit, then what happens?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
okay, I'll update it. I just figured knocking them out of the corner wasn't exactly what we'd want.

So if they do attempt to block and get hit, then what happens?
If they block high - combo

Low - regular teeth and crowbar hits

if you know they will not block just OTG with a simple d2 instead of crowbar and get a combo

JokersWild515

I'm a man of my word.
I don't know if anyone's noticed this but if you're in the corner you can keep using the b1 OTG into crowbar and just keep repeating it since it stuffs wakeups.

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
Well if anyone who reads patch notes and understand his changes should have known fast recovery off mb crowbar would lead to something positive lol

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
I instantly won 100 games with joker using this tech oh and if your opponent guess right to block the b1 you can always standard crowbar of d2 gun cancel Nightwing is still a very bad MU

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I instantly won 100 games with joker using this tech oh and if your opponent guess right to block the b1 you can always standard crowbar of d2 gun cancel Nightwing is still a very bad MU

Nightwing is 6-4 in his favour or possibly even now.
There is no guessing involved in blocking B1
D2 gun cancel is so -

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That's true, but you should be able to get it at least once or twice, and you can MB the second one to get time for teeth to come out.
That is not a mixup, B1 will always lead into an overhead, there is no chance it will ever lead into another low.

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
That is not a mixup, B1 will always lead into an overhead, there is no chance it will ever lead into another low.
B1 can be push block...and a second low attack is possible after b1 it can be blocked but adds pressure instead of overheading the whole time. And Nightwing staff stance MU against Joker you say 6-4 lol opinions