What's new

Tech Joker OTG Crowbar Tech Patch 1.06

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I was trolling :joker: Yes the start-up is throw immune from before 1.06. Bane's body press/super, universal throws, etc get beaten by b2

OnlineRon91

Joker++
The post I made is somewhere around here. Many moves have this, including Crowbar, LG and RLG a few frames after start-up, d4 (trait) during active and recovery which I know you know, etc. I was going to make a thread on it, I'm not sure why I didn't lol.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Alright, it's finally done. Sorry for the delay! Had to re-record a bunch of stuff because the default file type was incompatible with my editor. For those of you who followed SonicFox's thread, I included a little easter egg at the teeth b13 loop section... doesn't matter though, we're all wrong and don't know what we're talking about.
Anyways, laudanum09, feel free to throw this in the OP. Thanks to everyone who helped discover all these OTGs (I threw a little bit of my own stuff in, but it's mostly a compilation of the entire community's work)!
I know, I know, Batman's slide kick isn't the safest wakeup, but that doesn't matter here because everything shown in this video works on the entire cast and will stuff everyone's wakeup attempts (unless someone has some weird ground hitbox that I'm not accounting for...).
One thing I noticed while making this is for midscreen OTG stuff, b1 and d2 can only be done if you are relatively close to your opponent when you land the MB crowbar, while d3 and bf3 can be done even when you connect at or near the max range of the crowbar. Something to keep in mind. The corner is where the real good stuff is, and this doesn't matter at all there, but figured it was worth mentioning.
Anyways, enjoy!

Gilbagz
Qwark28
Wild Card
MetaSkipper
ThaShiveGeek
lorenzo
Dr Jackal
Cat
Ren21
AA25Mamba
B W1zZ
OmegaK
Jack White
Fromundaman
OnlineRon91
jaym7018
Zino
AK elitegoomba
KonDcnT
JokersWild515
Dislexsik
MrSunshine
AK GamerBlake
CrimsonShadow
STORMS

Front page tech showing the power of joker in 1.06?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
If people want a thread on all the throw immune moves including on which parts of the move, id be happy to work on it.
That'd be handy to have around, and should definitely get sticky'd when made. Important information for every character! I don't know them, but I can record them if ya want. Having fun with my new little toy... haha.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
That'd be handy to have around, and should definitely get sticky'd when made. Important information for every character! I don't know them, but I can record them if ya want. Having fun with my new little toy... haha.
What kind did you get? The video quality isn't bad

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Excellent job from NRS regarding this crowbar, we are not low tier anymore sincerely, I tested the set up vs all the cast yesterday. It works 100% against everybody.

It means, if the opponent is in the corner = The end lol.

Oh we need to work more on B1 2 in the corner, I think I found a 50/50 in the corner but I need to test it a little more :

mbcrowbar, teeth, b1 2 or b1 3 = 50/50
What do you think.

Joker badass now !

StevoSuprem0

Excellent job from NRS regarding this crowbar, we are not low tier anymore sincerely, I tested the set up vs all the cast yesterday. It works 100% against everybody.

It means, if the opponent is in the corner = The end lol.

Oh we need to work more on B1 2 in the corner, I think I found a 50/50 in the corner but I need to test it a little more :

mbcrowbar, teeth, b1 2 or b1 3 = 50/50
What do you think.

Joker badass now !
What do you mean by b12? Joker doesn't have a string with those inputs.
And I wouldn't say they are dead- that's gonna lead to people thinking he can guaranteed kill you in the corner like in the other thread, which is not the case. It's simply one of the more extensive and elaborate guessing games.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
crowbar in the corner is more of a 50/50 baiting tool than anything else.

and we already had touch of death combos in the corner, i dont get why this is considered new.

StevoSuprem0

crowbar in the corner is more of a 50/50 baiting tool than anything else.

and we already had touch of death combos in the corner, i dont get why this is considered new.
They're all still matchup dependent and require the correct guess in alot of situations/are blockable. But yeah, just goes to show that people don't know Joker. Time to show them :D

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Stevo, oups I mean f2 1, i was not completely awaked this morning ! :(

By the way crowbarMB, teeth, b1 3 is blocable or not ?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Crowbar into teeth F21 is not viable, was the first thing I tested after B13. They can wake up a correctly timed F21 to combo, they can also forward jump to just take the F21 damage and not be launched.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Yeah you are right, I tested it few minutes ago, you can combo it with Up Teeth but it's not really viable like the B1 3 tech.

StevoSuprem0

Stevo, oups I mean f2 1, i was not completely awaked this morning ! :(

By the way crowbarMB, teeth, b1 3 is blocable or not ?
Gotcha, that's what I was thinking. However, in that case it isn't really a 50/50 because the blocking is the same. Qwark is big on this "that's jumpable" rebutle to the other corner setups, but they with all of our setups in the corner they should either be blocking or trying to wakeup because jumping isn't viable against any of the other setups we have if executed properly. f21 is going to have a much tighter block window, so even though it doesn't OTG (they can wake up), this might be useful if you read that they are going to block, because it will shrink the block window when the teeth are going off, allows for an good combo followup, and they aren't going to have time to change their mind from blocking to jumping because by the time they have a chance to, they will already be in block stun. So it might be a valid option once they start blocking, along with MB F3 and j2/3. IMO, at least...

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Well to be fair, having it be jumpable is a big deal since it is the only way out of some of these setups and once your opponent has even a little Joker knowledge, they will do it. There's already quite a few setups I can no longer use at the local Arcade due to this.

StevoSuprem0

Well to be fair, having it be jumpable is a big deal since it is the only way out of some of these setups and once your opponent has even a little Joker knowledge, they will do it. There's already quite a few setups I can no longer use at the local Arcade due to this.
True. In the end, it all comes down to guessing what we're gonna do. Nothing he has is guaranteed, which is how it should be. A correct read is all it takes to escape, and all it takes to trap them for another round of hurt :). I think I'm gonna make a video soon going through all of the setups and how each can be escaped or not so we can get a feel for what has the best chances of resetting based on having the fewest ways to escape and such, and give us a feel for the entire breadth of options in the corner.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
If they're gonna let Joker keep this gimmick, then they better give GL's otg back.
Sure. In that case give Joker lift, trait cancels, a real dash and minigun right? Because all characters have to have the same tools.

By the way, unlike GL, we can't loop it into itself infinitely from anywhere on screen if we guess right. Only in the corner does that shit work.