What's new

Tech Joker OTG Crowbar Tech Patch 1.06

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
MB crowbar in the corner leads into this setup

Teeth into 3 crowbar

Very hard to block, much tougher than ES.

If they block low - Teeth + Crowbar damage = 15%

If they block high - Teeth + Crowbar recovers fast and you can combo

So basically MB crowbar is a guaranteed 27% if you hit it in the corner.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Got new tech. Guaranteed 30% if you hit a MB crowbar in the corner. Leads into 30% if it's blocked correctly, or into reset town if it's not blocked correctly.
Share and I'll add it to my recording. I'll be uploading tonight.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You did that with wakeups on right? I didn't know there was enough time to get teeth + standing 3 in.
Just re-checked, you can't OTG half a second before the wakeup even comes out, so lame. If the wakeup is dialed in already then from that moment on even if they're grounded you will not OTG them.

This apparently deceivingly happens if your normal is too slow, they appear to be down while you do the normal but they don't get OTGd. S3 doesn't work but uppercut does but pushes them out of the corner if they wakeup but not if they don't. We can perhaps bait wakeups and F3 them

StevoSuprem0

Just re-checked, you can't OTG half a second before the wakeup even comes out, so lame. If the wakeup is dialed in already then from that moment on even if they're grounded you will not OTG them.
Yep. That was why I was having so much trouble when Gilbagz was talking about the OTG crowbar stuff before the patch. Wasn't compensating for that time. Really annoying. So this teeth -> standing 3 following MB crowbar in the corner doesn't work then, right?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yep. That was why I was having so much trouble when Gilbagz was talking about the OTG crowbar stuff before the patch. Wasn't compensating for that time. Really annoying. So this teeth -> standing 3 following MB crowbar in the corner doesn't work then, right?
Edited my previous post

Replace S3 with uppercut and it's all good but if they do not block at all then crowbar gets them out of the corner,

StevoSuprem0

Edited my previous post

Replace S3 with uppercut and it's all good but if they do not block at all then crowbar gets them out of the corner,
Interesting, didn't know d2 came out in time after teeth either. I'll take a look at this tonight and try to get it added to what I have.
Edit: However, this would be an option for when you read a block, but is this better than simply going for a MB f3 or nj2/3 with the teeth for a more damaging setup that we can still terminate into crowbar? Because I have some of those.

laudanum09

Darling
yeah crowbar is wacky in the corner.

anyways, found some oddities with OTG B1 cancelled into QCF MB i.e. the bounce cancel.

So MB Crowbar > teeth > b1, MB Bounce Cancel F3

harder to block than b1, 3, costs a whole lot but can be delayed slightly so that F3 hits after teeth. Can be blocked low, low, high. Also, when I timed it 'perfectly' I was able to block teeth and overhead MB bounce cancel F3 while crouching the whole thing. I think someone posted this before. Anyways, I think it's a systemic thing to prevent true unblockables?

It's expensive, but if it will close you the round its more versatile than B1, 3. Maybe there's something there, maybe not, but I figured I'd share.

laudanum09

Darling
I'll wait till some of this stuff is sorted out before adding to the OP but from what I gather Qwark, you're saying is:

MB Crowbar > teeth > D2, crowbar (MB) correct?

laudanum09

Darling
Interesting, didn't know d2 came out in time after teeth either. I'll take a look at this tonight and try to get it added to what I have.
Edit: However, this would be an option for when you read a block, but is this better than simply going for a MB f3 or nj2/3 with the teeth for a more damaging setup that we can still terminate into crowbar? Because I have some of those.

I think in certain matchups where F3 will eat the wakeup move anyways, why not go for this instead of the whole OTG setup? Or go for the whole Cat/Qwark corner 213 high hard knockdown thing? Save some meter etc.

I think after we sort out a lot of this tech we should make a list of what corner reset is best for each character, OTG, straight F3, j2, 213 high hard knockdown etc.

StevoSuprem0

I think in certain matchups where F3 will eat the wakeup move anyways, why not go for this instead of the whole OTG setup? Or go for the whole Cat/Qwark corner 213 high hard knockdown thing? Save some meter etc.

I think after we sort out a lot of this tech we should make a list of what corner reset is best for each character, OTG, straight F3, j2, 213 high hard knockdown etc.
Yep, that's the other video I'm planning to make essentially. Sort all this crap out haha.
Also, you're correct with the systemic thing. I think they made it so that if 2 moves hit EXACTLY simultaneously, one overhead and one low, then it will either prioritize one which you have to block to block both, or blocking either way actually blocks both. That's what I think happens at least.... but not completely sure.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
MB F3 after teeth in the corner when done via MB crowbar is jumpable and punishable.

I've tried almost all of Joker's strings. Only F21 was good, if only it wasn't forward jumpable when performed correctly, it'd be perfect.

Basically D2 is your go to shit if your opp can block B13 with teeth down, if you see them not blocking, and you will notice because uppercut hits them, you can MB the crowbar into the exact same situation, spend another bar for 18% more damage or to keep them in the corner.

ATM messing with shit, I know there's something hidden I need to find

I think we're headed in a wakeup or don't wakeup territory with crowbar, the only reason we can't get unblockables is because of respect of wakeups.

StevoSuprem0

MB F3 after teeth in the corner when done via MB crowbar is jumpable and punishable.

I've tried almost all of Joker's strings. Only F21 was good, if only it wasn't forward jumpable when performed correctly, it'd be perfect.

Basically D2 is your go to shit if your opp can block B13 with teeth down, if you see them not blocking, and you will notice because uppercut hits them, you can MB the crowbar into the exact same situation, spend another bar for 18% more damage or to keep them in the corner.

ATM messing with shit, I know there's something hidden I need to find
Yeah I get that, but what I'm saying is this tech you are talking about is for when you make the read that they are going to block low. If they do that, then we can catch them with the other options. If they are planning on jumping out, then we'd have to make the read to j3 or do the OTG to stop them. f3 and j3 might be too reactable though... so there's that.

laudanum09

Darling
Huh??

I just did 212 MB crowbar vs Batman, followed up by teeth and MB F3 and I am NOT able to jump out, forward or backwards, I get slammed right back into teeth and get launched no matter what direction I hold.

Is this character specific because Batman cannot jump out of MB Crowbar > teeth > MB F3 and he is a lithe character.

Edit: Also, if you start with full bar 212 MB Crowbar, teeth, b13, 212 MB Crowbar loop can be done quite a few times because of the bar you build back. Pretty ridonk. If you start with like 2 bars you can most definitely do it three times in a row, maybe four if the combos are optimized? wishful thinking but yeah, 3 reps off 2 bars for sure.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Huh??

I just did 212 MB crowbar vs Batman, followed up by teeth and MB F3 and I am NOT able to jump out, forward or backwards, I get slammed right back into teeth and get launched no matter what direction I hold.

Is this character specific because Batman cannot jump out of MB Crowbar > teeth > MB F3 and he is a lithe character.

Edit: Also, if you start with full bar 212 MB Crowbar, teeth, b13, 212 MB Crowbar loop can be done quite a few times because of the bar you build back. Pretty ridonk. If you start with like 2 bars you can most definitely do it three times in a row, maybe four if the combos are optimized? wishful thinking but yeah, 3 reps off 2 bars for sure.
They cant jump out but its not a mixup. they can only jump out if you delay f3 to hit in synch with the teeth.

laudanum09

Darling
Oddly enough, I did Batman's wakeup slide to just see what happens and F3 didn't hit him. Joker absorbed the hit but Batman got out clean lol.