What's new

Tech Joker OTG Crowbar Tech Patch 1.06

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just to be fair, I believe the first poster to talk about b1,3 OTG in the corner was Zino

he was the earliest to mention it.

I know we all found the same tech independently, but if we're going to call it someone's tech it should be him.
I agree.

laudanum09

Darling
As you all get home from work, I gotta go to sleep. Hope to come home tomorrow to find some more good discussion.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Hey guys have you tested it midscreen? Is this possible if you leave your opponent close & do just one dash then teeth & OTG?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
So just played for a few hours and found something potentially interesting:

In a match I anti-aired with MB crowbar midscreen and they hit teeth on the way down for that weird thing I'm sure we've all seen where they get popped up then knocked right back into the next hit of crowbar. Well that happened, and at the end the final hit sent them behind me about a B1 distance away. I haven't been able to recreate it, but even caught completely off guard I had time to OTG. I'm almost certain though that if I'd reacted right away I could have thrown teeth then OTGed afterwards.
If we can recreate this we could have midscreen unblockables, albeit a situational one.

Oh also, dayum new Shazam is scary.

B W1zZ

Noob
All these OTG setups are awesome. I think the Joker changes combined with other character/system changes drastically improved his metagame. I haven't played the new patch against offline competition yet but I'm abusing the hell out of all of this shit online. Call of duty deathstrokes online are still a pain in the ass though.

laudanum09

Darling
All these OTG setups are awesome. I think the Joker changes combined with other character/system changes drastically improved his metagame. I haven't played the new patch against offline competition yet but I'm abusing the hell out of all of this shit online. Call of duty deathstrokes online are still a pain in the ass though.
let us know when you'll be trying out this stuff on stream

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Lol hey guys hate to be a party pooper
But with the teeth b1,3 otg, the timing is so specific that the b1,3 is no longer a super hard to blockable
Its more similar to Doomsday's earthshake.
It is by no means useless and i'll be using it a crapload to compliment my corner game, but don't base your whole corner around this now.
As Joker becomes more well known with this buff, people will learn to block this.

Some other stuff
List of OTGs off
Crowbar: b1, d2, d3, crowbar, 3
Mb Crowbar: b1, d2, d3, crowbar, 3, b3, f3, rlg

Once people begin to block this set up
We can then being otg'ing with b3/f3 to be at +6 or w/e it is and get a guaranteed 2,1,2 teeth mix up. We can even just restand with mb rlg if we want.

laudanum09

Darling
Hey guys have you tested it midscreen? Is this possible if you leave your opponent close & do just one dash then teeth & OTG?

No. It's already tight in the corner, adding all of those dash frames won't help. Methinks midscreen setups will only work in weird situations where we can somehow get even more frame advantage off of MB crowbar like Fromundaman noted. IMO Gilbagz 's 50/50 midscreen teeth setups are as good as it gets and I have no problem with that. A Joker player using those perfectly should be a big enough threat while still allowing for the guess of rolling or not rolling.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
No. It's already tight in the corner, adding all of those dash frames won't help. Methinks midscreen setups will only work in weird situations where we can somehow get even more frame advantage off of MB crowbar like Fromundaman noted. IMO Gilbagz 's 50/50 midscreen teeth setups are as good as it gets and I have no problem with that. A Joker player using those perfectly should be a big enough threat while still allowing for the guess of rolling or not rolling.
Ohh ok, isn't it Hard knockdown btw?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Lol hey guys hate to be a party pooper
But with the teeth b1,3 otg, the timing is so specific that the b1,3 is no longer a super hard to blockable
Its more similar to Doomsday's earthshake.
It is by no means useless and i'll be using it a crapload to compliment my corner game, but don't base your whole corner around this now.
As Joker becomes more well known with this buff, people will learn to block this.

Some other stuff
List of OTGs off

Once people begin to block this set up
We can then being otg'ing with b3/f3 to be at +6 or w/e it is and get a guaranteed 2,1,2 teeth mix up. We can even just restand with mb rlg if we want.
Teeth into J2. Inescapable setup I had posted and it works just like the super hard knockdown that was required. We don't need B13. It was always just another reset that came with the crowbar.

tag my ass fool
AK elitegoombas ass

Agreed, I believe Joker only has 2 or 3 7-3s right now. Everything else is very winnable.

While crowbar is not just a spammable F23, the potential and uses are simply awesome.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
So I have everything I need recorded, but I need to cut it up and label things and Windows Movie Maker keeps fucking crashing... anyone know of another editor software I can use to get it all together? Either way, it's gonna be later tonight after work :oops:.

StevoSuprem0

List of OTGs off
Are some of the normal crowbar OTGs corner exclusive or do they work midscreen too? I know b1 works mid, but wasn't sure about the others.

StevoSuprem0

No worries. That's how I recorded them. Just making sure I didn't need to add anything lol. Editing is gonna be annoying, but I'll have a quick compilation up later tonight.

laudanum09

Darling
No worries. That's how I recorded them. Just making sure I didn't need to add anything lol. Editing is gonna be annoying, but I'll have a quick compilation up later tonight.

Do you want me to put the video in the OP when you're done or do you want to make a new thread?

StevoSuprem0

I was thinking I would post it here and you can throw it in the OP. I'm going to expand on it in a different thread eventually I think, going over all the corner options, but this is a better place for going over the OTG stuff. No need for another thread. We already have that train wreck that SonicFox started.... lol

laudanum09

Darling
seriously, jesus. First everyone is underestimating Joker thinking he is trash (kinda true) and now everyone thinks he has this ridiculous tech.

Looking forward to the video.

StevoSuprem0

I need to re-record doing this new loop bullshit. I think I got 2 loops last night somewhere in my hour and a half of screwing around, but I wanna do it a bit more comprehensively just to shut these fuckers up... lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Got new tech. Guaranteed 30% if you hit a MB crowbar in the corner. Leads into 30% if it's blocked correctly, or into reset town if it's not blocked correctly.