What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It was a Kobu Jutsu Tanya and I felt helpless when she was doing all her teleport shit because ex nut punch was whiffing on her jump attacks.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
I didn't say it wasn't good. I just cant stand newbies coming in and thinking it's so god damn revolutionary because they saw some pro mop up some other pro with it. Some scrub online even criticized me for not using it. Called me low tier. Haha.

As for variation rank, my opinion is that it's the weakest. I think he loses more than he gains. Again...Not saying it's bad.

Dont forget Jax, Cassie, and Scorpion.
Kenshi, arguably mileena and Raiden now with this patch. Ummm Erron Black even though Gunslinger is underwhelming. Kung Jin, and Tanya that's all I got off the top of my head. LOL at Johnny is the only one with three viable variations what was that guy thinking

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
It was a Kobu Jutsu Tanya and I felt helpless when she was doing all her teleport shit because ex nut punch was whiffing on her jump attacks.
When you know the teleport is coming at the end of a block string let go of block. She'll teleport up, whiff a normal and is so negative you can do a F2. If she teleports backwards push her to the corner and own her. Sometimes you have to get a good read and NJP that ho.

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
Side question. Does it annoy anyone else a little bit that other characters with standing uncomboable capture states, (like shinnok, tanya, and now quan), are still able to throw their opponent while they are in negative frames and Johnny can't off of nut punch.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Doesnt annoy me.

Anyways guys is there any footage of really good Stunt Double play? Cage is my sub to Jason and I only know how to play A List. Im trying to learn SD for MUs but im completely lost on how to use this char effectively. Mike hopped on the fisticuffs train so I only seen a few of his, and I cant find any of Maxter's matches.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Doesnt annoy me.

Anyways guys is there any footage of really good Stunt Double play? Cage is my sub to Jason and I only know how to play A List. Im trying to learn SD for MUs but im completely lost on how to use this char effectively. Mike hopped on the fisticuffs train so I only seen a few of his, and I cant find any of Maxter's matches.
I may start recording my matches. I'll link you when I do.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I think Johnny would greatly improve from the Liu Kang buff...

Being able to activate trait after like... f34 would be awesome. Even b343.
I want to be able to cancel mimic kicks into themselves or EX elbow to hit full screen like you could before the fix, that was tight and even though it was buggy as hell was useful being able to make your shadowkick hit twice on block.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
At the moment Cage looks not in a great position, likely bottom 5.
The buffs that the rest of the roster got made him worse than before in comparison...A List is probably his best variation, but the truth is that his pressure is worse than Lao, Liu Kang, Kobujutsu, Scorpion, Jax, Raiden and other characters.
He needs faster normals, better frames on block for his 113, f34, ex forceballs, flipkick; better hurtbox on his d2, ji2, ji1. His ex shadowkick should hit mid and 114 should get fixed too.
I know these are a lot of changes but he would not be top even then.
Most of the times when I see Johnny win some games is because of opponent inexperience. For example a lot of "top" players get caught by 113db3 on block delayed into ex nutpunch, but things like this should never work since after a blocked 113 one can always armor through.

He, Ferra Torr, Goro, Takeda, Jason need buffs or I don't think they'll see much play in the future...

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
The buffs that the rest of the roster got made him worse than before in comparison...A List is probably his best variation, but the truth is that his pressure is worse than Lao, Liu Kang, Kobujutsu, Scorpion, Jax, Raiden and other characters.
He needs faster normals, better frames on block for his 113, f34, ex forceballs, flipkick; better hurtbox on his d2, ji2, ji1. His ex shadowkick should hit mid and 114 should get fixed too.
Most of the times when I see Johnny win some games is because of opponent inexperience. For example a lot of "top" players get caught by 113db3 on block delayed into ex nutpunch, but things like this should never work since after a blocked 113 one can always armor through.

He, Ferra Torr, Goro, Takeda, Jason need buffs or I don't think they'll see much play in the future...
I'll play this character even if he's the worst lol It's the least I owe for f3ing everyone in mk9

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

I highly disagree he's bottom 5 and the term bottom 5 makes Chars sound worst than they actually are. He needs fixing alright his 114 should always hit mid and all his jip should stay connected on Hit F4 buff would be nice but other than that I say JC is 15-10spot imo

I dont seem to struggle against the top tiers well maybe other than Tanya

Get online and play me need JC vs KJ experience

Last edited:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch

I respect your Astaroth avatar enough to hold back kinder words and just simply say; I disagree.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I hope you guys are right, but at the moment I just don't see how he can be decent in this game :/
I guess only time will tell how good he is

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Buffing his F4 would make him much better, considering how hard is in mkx to antiair compared with mk9.
If Nrs makes f4 hitbox bigger (close as b3 was in mk9) Cage would become a greater threat.
Of course he needs other fixes as you said...(114!!).

Also giving him the opportunity to throw after nutpunch would be very interesting, Frost.

Seriously guys, JC needs buffs, not only fixes. Every other communities (including Cassie, Kano, Ferra/Torr,etc) are crying for buffs. MKX JC is a decent character but other characters have tools that are better than his. I find it hard to win Raiden, Scorp, even Sonya or Liu Kang right now. Also want to see him more in tournament.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Seriously guys, JC needs buffs, not only fixes. Every other communities (including Cassie, Kano, Ferra/Torr,etc) are crying for buffs. MKX JC is a decent character but other characters have tools that are better than his. I find it hard to win Raiden, Scorp, even Sonya or Liu Kang right now. Also want to see him more in tournament.
No he does not. Just stop, please god just stop.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
No he does not. Just stop, please god just stop.
NAHHHH fuck it. Lets go ham.

D4~SKRC or D4~Mimic Rising Shadow should combo!

F3 should be -2 on block!

EX Shadow Kick should hit mid!

SD Johnny gets an EX version of Mimic Call that can be cancelled like Kang's Shaolin Fist!!!!!@~!!~!!

SKRCs cost half the current stamina!!!!@~@~!

FISTICUFFS B12 is 0 on block!~!~!@#!@$!@#~

EX NUT PUNCH SHOULD BE COMPLETELY SAFE~!~~!~!!!! YEEEEHAWWWWW

Oh but hey...they wont even fix 114

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
NAHHHH fuck it. Lets go ham.

D4~SKRC or D4~Mimic Rising Shadow should combo!

F3 should be -2 on block!

EX Shadow Kick should hit mid!

SD Johnny gets an EX version of Mimic Call that can be cancelled like Kang's Shaolin Fist!!!!!@~!!~!!

SKRCs cost half the current stamina!!!!@~@~!

FISTICUFFS B12 is 0 on block!~!~!@#!@$!@#~

EX NUT PUNCH SHOULD BE COMPLETELY SAFE~!~~!~!!!! YEEEEHAWWWWW

Oh but hey...they wont even fix 114
Cages special power is having the only kombo string in the game that doesnt hit low mid or overhead after the first hit.