What's new

Jessie Eisenberg cast to play Lex Luthor in Man of Steel Movie, Revolver must be cringing somewhere

Kevlang

Noob
I'll withhold judgment until I see the film... LBSH, Ben Affleck as Batman is a greater travesty than Jesse Eisenberg as Lex.

Somebody needs to photoshop Jesse with a bald head so we can get the visual!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
he can certainly act like lex. He has the witty voice, can sound smart,intriguing but he looks nothing like lex.
NO. LEX HAS A COMMANDING PRESENCE. LEX DOESN'T COME FUCK WITH SUPES SOUNDING LIKE HES GIVING A TED TALK.

But if they can do something with it it'll be fine. It depends how they make his character. Michael Rosenbaum didn't look like Lex but was maybe like the best embodiment of him there was. So I'll see.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
On one hand they're lowering peoples expectations of the film. But on the other hand they're putting their actors under a very large microscope. If these actors don't deliver, they will be scrutinized for years. Even if they're "decent", that won't be good enough.

I know I for one want to see this more than anything now just to see how it will work out with these "interesting" casting choices.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
They should have just got the real life Batman, the real life Alfred, and the real life Lex Luthor...

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If Michael Rossenbaum can pull off a great Lex, I think Eisenberg can as well. DC films & TV shows usually have bizarre casting choices but usually turn out great.

Heath Ledger easily the best example of this.
The thing is that Michael Rosenbaum was playing young Lex. He's supposed to be bulked up at least a little bit when he's older.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
The thing is that Michael Rosenbaum was playing young Lex. He's supposed to be bulked up at least a little bit when he's older.
I agree with that but it really depends on which version of Lex they're going for. But, if they're having Gadot bulk up for her role, then hopefully they make Eisenberg as well. Even the guy chosen to play Flash in his TV show is putting on muscle for the role.

I really think we'll all be surprised with this Lex when the movie's released. Just please don't give us another Gene Hackman Lex. :(

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Why is anybody complaining about the casting of this movie after realizing that Ben Afleck is playing Batman?

It's not like I bitch and moan about the casting of the 2014 Killer Frost movie:

Wonder Woman:

Killer Frost(not bad actually)

Sinestro:

Captain Cold:

Rooftop drone:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
NO. LEX HAS A COMMANDING PRESENCE. LEX DOESN'T COME FUCK WITH SUPES SOUNDING LIKE HES GIVING A TED TALK.

But if they can do something with it it'll be fine. It depends how they make his character. Michael Rosenbaum didn't look like Lex but was maybe like the best embodiment of him there was. So I'll see.
why wasn't he NUMERO UNO on the list..... of younger looking Lex's

FFS he is the ONLY Lex Luthor for that age bracket.