What's new

Jax Question and Answer thread

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
He has an inf in the corner with his f413 being block on all characters. He can keep chipping you out in the corner until you die or get three bars. You gain meter very fast because of that.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Nope. there is a frame adv bug on it. It is sometimes a 50/50 and it is sometimes +12 to +13 on block. You're lockdown FOREVER. I forgot it works on all characters in the that ARE crouch blocking it.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
alright, so ive been playin with jax a bit lately, and honestly i play as him because hes powerful as fuck, and once he gets the upper hand its a pain in the ass to turn it around on him, especially if i snuff out my opponents wake up game (people that always wake up slide eat the f413 over and over), and because a lot of players that dont watch matches or pay attention to the community dont understand the match up and they get walked on. (also why i play baraka against rushdown characters that dont have a teleport. and sub since he cant chip me.)

i have a question however, and this is a pretty noob one. how do i get jax to do the other ex dash punch animation. i can ONLY get him to do the animation where he grabs their face.

i could also use help with the Raiden match up, hes too fucking hard to keep down.

OmyMk

Noob
Hold back arrow for the other animation. Good for changing sides and it leaves the oponent closer for extended pressure.
For Raiden match up i usually wait to punish his teleport with d+1 pokes or grabs. His superman fly is very punishable. Thou it's a gard match since he can get out from most of the traps with the teleport.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Raiden is Jax's worse matchup, You can punish teleports with lots of things but I always go for pokes since they're the most consistent option and give you a little advantage. Never try to ground pound him because you gain nothing from it other than a straw hat to the face. The only redeeming factor in this matchup is Raiden's large hitbox but even then his teleport helps him escape all of your pressure.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Raiden is Jax's worse matchup, You can punish teleports with lots of things but I always go for pokes since they're the most consistent option and give you a little advantage. Never try to ground pound him because you gain nothing from it other than a straw hat to the face. The only redeeming factor in this matchup is Raiden's large hitbox but even then his teleport helps him escape all of your pressure.
yeah he is always a pain for me and it is almost always an uphill battle to win, when i do win.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
So Jax players, how dominant do you feel in the battlefield (on a scale from 1 to 100)?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Jax corner reset question

After 1,1,1,2, OHS, EX-GP, it sometimes seems the opponent doesnt quite launch up far enough to start the next cycle. Some times I have no issue repeating the resets and going the distance until my meter is gone, but other times I just CANT pick up that damn 1 after the EX-GP.

After dicking around in the lab it seemed like the EX-GP had to be timed perfectly to launch the opponent just enough to start the reset. Am I wrong? Or does the 1 after EX-GP have very strict timing? Any tips to do this more reliably?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
there is no timing to doing the EXGP after the OS, you can always catch them with standing 1. It just takes a little practice.

Also I'm gonna go ahead and merge this with the question thread.

OmyMk

Noob
Sometimes it feels like Jax won't recover fast enough after the EX GP for the standing 1... but it's just a "feeling"..

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
How confidence am I? 90/100 if I was still playing this game

right now?

2/100 I need to relearn a lot shit and just get back into the motion. UMVc3 is starting to get a little boring. And I haven't even tried the online yet.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
I apologize if this question is not the place, or for what he has already been discussed somewhere ... tell me who know the players at Jax as done or entered (or whoever it introduces?) Last shot in the Multi-grab, perhaps there is some way, or it does not really make guarantees?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Any tips to do this more reliably?
Easy mode:

F413, d1, 1212~du4, EX GP~1212 du4, EX GP~1212 du4, EX GP~121212121212(x6)~df1/df2
B124, d1, 1212~du4, EX GP~1212 du4, EX GP~1212 du4, EX GP~121212121212(x6)~df1/df2
F41/d4/etc du4~EX GP same as above

I have trouble catching them with the 1 following the EX GP as well, you can literally just mash out 12 following it instead. Simplifies the process.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I apologize if this question is not the place, or for what he has already been discussed somewhere ... tell me who know the players at Jax as done or entered (or whoever it introduces?) Last shot in the Multi-grab, perhaps there is some way, or it does not really make guarantees?
I can't do it. And it's not worth it. I suggest learning how to do all the way up to 6 because it keeps your opponent close to you.

I heard in the last patch Jax got Armor for all of his EX moves, is this correct?
No. Don't believe what people tell you. He has armor on his ex dash punch, EX overhead smash, and his xray as well. The ex dash punch and xray armor start up instant.

Dizzy: Good shit man. I try to corner combos instead of the reset in the corner though. I suggest create some corner combos of your own for some sexy damage.