What's new

Jax Question and Answer thread

for example when exactly can a normal ground pound connect?

We know it hits while their standing - thats a given
So when exactly can it connect during the wake up? Does it even connect? I assume it only hits after the recover is done ?

When the invincibility runs out, of course.
simple, thanks!

The reason I asked is because I've been working on a Guide for Jax and wanted to put as much information in it as I could. So does anyone know how long invincibility lasts on wakeup?

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
yeah. It's either 12 or 13 frames. BTw, ssj4...if you need another player's opinion on Jax. Don't be afraid to ask me.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
The use of F+3 in combo that start with ground pound. It works mid screen, but the combos and timing aren't worth it. but if you do it leading into a corner or in a corner the combos are good and you can go into that reset that way. I feel this would make the gp trap after f413 even better.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
You forgot mid gp, 1, 2,f2,b1, air gotcha grab 31%. Btu overall that is pretty godlike. Those corner combos are sexy.
Your combo takes 31% and not 29% as a combo.

It can be done five times d,f+2(d,f+2x5 is it hard). But after the first d, f +2 is a large reduction in damage (and in this video last d,f+2 is consuming 0%).The only plus in this combo, which is good fills the scale of meters.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I love that 1,2 dash punch loop in the corner man. And you mix up what I said. I said air gotcha( db1), not the air throw.

TimTim

Don't Hate
I'm trying to pick up jax. I guess I have everything down cept for his corner reset which is a big part of his game. I can do the f413 d1 12 elbow but I can never time the en reset. Either he pops up too high and I can't catch him with d1 or he goes to low and I can't get the standing 1. I wan't to do it consistently but after hours of practice I only land it like 20% of the time. Am I doing something wrong? Any tips like how long you wait? Anything on the matter would be appreciated.

If he's popping up too high from the EX Ground Pound, that means you did it too late and it was escapable. The opponent should never pop up too low for the 1 either... it's just a matter of timing the jab. if you find 1 too hard, then do d+1, but either way, work on doing the EX Ground Pound earlier.

shura30

Shura
1 hour jax here
i have to admit he's really fun to play and it's time to go in deep with him
his damage/effort ratio in combos is just ridicolous :)

Close GP, NJP, 1(x3), 12xxdash punch 28%
isn't the gotcha grab better for damage and wakeup?

Corner:
f413, d1, 1(x3), 12(x2), 12xxgotcha grab 40%/43%
i've tried:

f413, d1, 1, 1,2(x4), 1xxgotcha grab 40% (43% with a jumpin)
found it really easy to adjust gravity and timing with those standing 1s

b124, 1(x5) 12, 12xxgotcha grab 44%/47%
nice, i would like to see if it can be applied the same idea as the previous one

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
1 hour jax here
i have to admit he's really fun to play and it's time to go in deep with him
his damage/effort ratio in combos is just ridicolous :)

isn't the gotcha grab better for damage and wakeup?

i've tried:

f413, d1, 1, 1,2(x4), 1xxgotcha grab 40% (43% with a jumpin)
found it really easy to adjust gravity and timing with those standing 1s

nice, i would like to see if it can be applied the same idea as the previous one
Dash Punch is just preference on the end of midscreen combos, it sends them further towards the wall and at a specific range you can send them to the wall with the dash punch and continue to combo.

shura30

Shura
yeah i thought of that trying to add a d1 for juggle
can't seem to catch them again with 1s for juggle but i barely tested

is it possible?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
yeah i thought of that trying to add a d1 for juggle
can't seem to catch them again with 1s for juggle but i barely tested

is it possible?
You can catch them with 1 after an anti air dash punch or a dash punch straight after a ground pound, but not at the end of a full jab combo when the gravity is pretty heavy. I haven't really tested it much myself either.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Hey Jax players, Shang mainer here.

Quick question,

Does the corner reset is still guaranteed with the added wakeup invincibility frames? I've been trying to do it on the corner and I really think that it's not guaranteed anymore. I'm setting the AI to use always wakeup with Kung Lao and sometimes he gets me with his regular spin or ex teleport. Can anybody confirm this?

Sorry if it's been asked before.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Hey Jax players, Shang mainer here.

Quick question,

Does the corner reset is still guaranteed with the added wakeup invincibility frames? I've been trying to do it on the corner and I really think that it's not guaranteed anymore. I'm setting the AI to use always wakeup with Kung Lao and sometimes he gets me with his regular spin or ex teleport. Can anybody confirm this?

Sorry if it's been asked before.
Yes its guaranteed. The elbow slam puts the opponent in an OTG state which allows you to get a free guaranteed ex ground pound if you are quick enough.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
when i use jip 1, 2, 3 and cancel into gotcha grab the opponent can block and i think that its so quick on recovery that if the opponent was standing and blocking they dont have the time to poke out of at least taking chip damage from F4, 1, 3 so could someone test this please....if im wrong then most opponents im facing arent quick enough lol ive been doing this online and 90% of the time the jip 1, 2, 3 connects for 21% damage then they block the gotcha grab and get hit by the F4, 1, 3 for another 14% damage so just from this they are taking 35% damage and if they get wise to that and start automatically blocking low after 1, 2, 3 do the overhead for 21% then 10(overheard) and you can enhance ground pound

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
when i use jip 1, 2, 3 and cancel into gotcha grab the opponent can block and i think that its so quick on recovery that if the opponent was standing and blocking they dont have the time to poke out of at least taking chip damage from F4, 1, 3 so could someone test this please....if im wrong then most opponents im facing arent quick enough lol ive been doing this online and 90% of the time the jip 1, 2, 3 connects for 21% damage then they block the gotcha grab and get hit by the F4, 1, 3 for another 14% damage so just from this they are taking 35% damage and if they get wise to that and start automatically blocking low after 1, 2, 3 do the overhead for 21% then 10(overheard) and you can enhance ground pound
Yea I do this all the time. It definitely works