What's new

[Jan 9-11, 2015] Kumite in Tennessee 15

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
All the respect in the world for how you run tournaments Vandy, but charging people to watch the event is a big mistake. And I think charging for watching the event online is ABSOLTELY rediculous! If you ever want to consider yourself a major you need to do as all other majors do and provide a FREE STREAM of the event!!!
Yes because when I goto the movies for two hours I watch those movies for free because I expect Hollywood to work for free for my entertainment

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Read the OP and you will find out
I did that. Are you talking about the $15 online pass? I think that means that you have to pay $15 if you want to go to the venue and watch and you register online for it, but $25 if you wanna pay on-site.
Is that right @Vandy ?

Vandy

Kumite!
The stream will be free to watch from home.

The spectator pass for people who want to come to the venue physically but not enter tournaments will be $15 online or $25 at the venue.

I apologize for the confusion, I will reword it.

Pig of the Hut, you plan to stop playing after Evo?

Vandy

Kumite!
All the respect in the world for how you run tournaments Vandy, but charging people to watch the event is a big mistake. And I think charging for watching the event online is ABSOLTELY rediculous! If you ever want to consider yourself a major you need to do as all other majors do and provide a FREE STREAM of the event!!!
I do want to chime in on this.

The stream will be free for KiT 15.

But charging to watch the event is the sign of a bigger event, not a smaller event. I plan to get bigger.

In general, I trade value for value. If you do not value something I offer please do not give me one cent of your hard earned money.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The stream will be free to watch from home.

The spectator pass for people who want to come to the venue physically but not enter tournaments will be $15 online or $25 at the venue.

I apologize for the confusion, I will reword it.

Pig of the Hut, you plan to stop playing after Evo?
I'll PM you later

Vandy

Kumite!
Today we bring you a game that will make its KiT debut - Mortal Kombat! With Mortal Kombat X on the horizon we pay homage to its predecessor, a true modern classic. As a nod to its competitive history, Mortal Kombat will be run 3/5 in its entirety

MK9 will have a guaranteed $500 pot at KiT and will be heavily featured - just wait until we release the schedule and more details.

For me personally, I followed MK9 closely throughout its tournament life but never got to experience it in person or have it at a tournament I ran. It's time to fix that! I want to give a great game one last stage to shine.

I want to see the hour long Sub Zero mirror.
I want to see Kitana try to beat Kenshi.
I want to see what low tier character can surprise people.
I want to see if Kabal is really the best.

We may or may not turn out the lights and play the MK theme for the top 8.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Damn no Injustice? I haven't touched MK in agesssss. Might come to spectate. I hate living in Ohio. All the majors and big events are pretty damn far from me in every direction.

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
Booked

I'll be there 100%
I agree will be there and ACTUALLY plan on going( trepound take note) expect to get your money back for fronting me for my registration thanks again pig and all the ak guys look forward to seeing everyone again.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Damnit, I wanted to go to this tournament this year, but have a wedding I have to go to in Cali on the 10th. Bleh.

Vandy

Kumite!
We will pay out the Top 8 for Injustice. The game fee will be $20. Pay attention NRS players. It will be worth it.

Before P2W asks, just like last year the guaranteed money is a minimum. Once 100 players enter, all additional game fees go straight to the pot, increasing the payout.