What's new

[Jan 17, 2015] Season 2: Paradise Lost IGAU/ USF4/ SSB4U/ MK9/ KI3/ UMK3:TE (FARMINGDALE, NY)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

Presents
Season 2: Paradise Lost

• Venue $20 pre-reg / $25 at the door will now include unlimited soda/water/pink lemonade/coffee/iced tea & hot tea.
  • To Pre-Reg please send as a gift to [email protected] via PayPal (please include GT/games) or you can catch me in person at The Arena on LI or 8 on the Break in NJ from time to time. Pre-Reg closes Thursday 1/15/15.
  • 1st Place trophies along with medals for 2nd/3rd place. $100 POT BONUS has been added to Sm4sh and USF4!!! $100 POT BONUS for KI for 24+ entrants!
  • Officially adding SSB4U to the lineup and adding a new station of "bring your own" for those who want to get casuals going in any of your favorite games!
  • 90 person ballroom with A/C, stage, speakers and projector!
  • $10 entry for each game.
---

The Rules & Basics:

1. IGAU, MK9, USF4 will be played on XB360 * KI on XB1 * SSB4U on WiiU w/GC adapters* UMK3:TE on PC. $10 each game.

2. All setups will have Asus Monitors and external speakers. Controllers will not be provided.

3. MK9, KI3, and USF4 (double blind pick allowed) will be 2/3 double elimination. IGAU will be 3/5 double elimination throughout. ALL GAMES loser picks stage/character. Grand, Winner, Loser Finals is 3/5.

4. IGAU is double random stage select, loser chooses to keep stage or go back to double random/change character.

5. SSB4U rules are mimicking Apex which can found on Page 11 here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74563582/Apex/Apex2015_Rulebook.pdf

6. Games with more than 8 entrants 70/20/10 split, anything less is winner takes all.
---

Tourney Schedule:
  • MK9 / KI3 / SM4SH @ 4PM
  • UMK3:TE @ 6PM
  • USF4 @ 6:30 PM
  • IGAU @ 8:30 PM
-Stream Tentative Schedule:
  • 4PM - 6PM: SM4SH
  • 6PM - 7PM: MK9 / KI3 TOP 4
  • 7PM - 9PM: USF4
  • 9PM - 11PM: IGAU
  • 11PM-12PM: UMK3 TOP 3 / TOP 8 PLAYER SM4SH EXHIBITION
---

Amenities:

• For those not familiar with Dave & Busters it's a sports bar arcade. Games, food, drinks all available to you at any time!! Venue now includes unlimited soda/water/pink lemonade/coffee/iced tea & hot tea.
  • For my friends traveling by train, take it to the Farmingdale LIRR Station, 5 minutes away I will arrange pickups!!
  • Bowling Alley
  • Giant Sports Bar/Restaurant
---
This is the 2nd tourney in the Season.
Results from BirthRight can be found here:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mito-birthright-results-impressions-with-full-match-footage.47078/#post-1530448

Last edited:

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Hey @RapZiLLa54 I'm confused on the dates. The event is Jan 17, yet pre-red ends a week and a half later on Jan 29? I figure its a typo but I don't know which is the typo. I'm gonna start planning now to make this though.

RapZiLLa54

Hey @RapZiLLa54 I'm confused on the dates. The event is Jan 17, yet pre-red ends a week and a half later on Jan 29? I figure its a typo but I don't know which is the typo. I'm gonna start planning now to make this though.
Thanks for the heads up man, its the 15th. Originally this was the 31st so I forgot to edit that part.

Noob
I should be stopping by like last time. I have no plans to compete or play anything, just gonna be good to see everyone.

RapZiLLa54

-Tourney Schedule:
MK9 / KI3 / SM4SH @ 4PM

UMK3:TE @ 6PM

USF4 @ 6:30 PM

IGAU @ 8:30 PM

-Stream Tentative Schedule:
4PM - 6PM: SM4SH

6PM - 7PM: MK9 / KI3 TOP 4

7PM - 9PM: USF4

9PM - 11PM: IGAU