What's new

Match Footage Jade Videos

Espio

Kokomo
"Epic" in dictionary = Krayzie playing with Jade.

That pressure d3, d4, Staff...
Just think about Jax Match... you could try more zoning... he really figured your game at some point.

lol... Espio872... you´re the first one i see who play the same Chars as me. It´s so common Stryker and Jade players?
Just from my experience playing online, I know at least three other players who play them both. Gametime, who is sometimes in Au_IM_Digimon's stream on PS3 always cuts me up with his Jade/Stryker and Rain2011 from my old Mortal Kombat forum, while Violetsunflower mains Jade and uses Stryker from time to time as well, those are the ones from off the top of my head lol.

They're the only two characters I play that I feel I can easily step into my groove after playing the other for a while.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Today I played Jade in a tournament including 18 people. I will not bring any details, but I will say only 1 thing that will prove to you why this tournament generally sucked - patch 1.01. Damn, was that a shitty experience. First of all the organizers said it'll be patched to 1.05 and they didn't. Now, I won't bring all the negatives Jade had back then, because I just realized how unsafe she was. Believe me, the old u3 didn't do shit, the most I missed were her safe staffgrab and 4f3 combo, the armored flashkick and the proper wake-ups. Hell, I even missed the 1.05 en-rangs. Maybe it's because those became a big part of my game right now... But thank NRS for giving her what she has right now, because in 1.01 she was REALLY bad. BTW I beat some guys, but the competition was really not that great. The only good opponents, which I didn't play in actual tournament but after it, were the guy that took 1st in the previous tourney I went to (took 1st this time as well) and a Cyrax player which was very good at doing resets (I beat him more than he did me though). I lost to 2 KL's, I have to say, that old spin, pretty much...
Other thoughts: Noob, JC and Jax were pretty bad chars; today they are pretty good compared to then.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Today I played Jade in a tournament including 18 people. I will not bring any details, but I will say only 1 thing that will prove to you why this tournament generally sucked - patch 1.01. Damn, was that a shitty experience. First of all the organizers said it'll be patched to 1.05 and they didn't. Now, I won't bring all the negatives Jade had back then, because I just realized how unsafe she was. Believe me, the old u3 didn't do shit, the most I missed were her safe staffgrab and 4f3 combo, the armored flashkick and the proper wake-ups. Hell, I even missed the 1.05 en-rangs. Maybe it's because those became a big part of my game right now... But thank NRS for giving her what she has right now, because in 1.01 she was REALLY bad. BTW I beat some guys, but the competition was really not that great. The only good opponents, which I didn't play in actual tournament but after it, were the guy that took 1st in the previous tourney I went to (took 1st this time as well) and a Cyrax player which was very good at doing resets (I beat him more than he did me though). I lost to 2 KL's, I have to say, that old spin, pretty much...
Other thoughts: Noob, JC and Jax were pretty bad chars; today they are pretty good compared to then.
Her original Up3 was very good sending your opponent to the corner.

Also, her damage was nerfed badly. If they didn't nerf it, she would be one very solid good right now.

I'm grateful she got the armored Ex Staff Slam/Shadow Kick, returning Ex Boomerangs on block and her safe Staff Grab/Polecat.

All I wish for her to get her damage restored, I can live without her Up3 (you must still make your opponent respect it).

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Her original Up3 was very good sending your opponent to the corner.

Also, her damage was nerfed badly. If they didn't nerf it, she would be one very solid good right now.

I'm grateful she got the armored Ex Staff Slam/Shadow Kick, returning Ex Boomerangs on block and her safe Staff Grab/Polecat.

All I wish for her to get her damage restored, I can live without her Up3 (you must still make your opponent respect it).
Oh yeah, the damage. Her b1 starter bnb did 40%+ (43% I think), her best mid-screen x-ray - 57% I think (now does 51%), other bnb's did beyond 25-30%, which was pretty good for a punish, in the corner - more than 45%. Right now I don't really need the combo damage as much as I need the damage on normals/specials increased. U3 is still good. It was beast then because the wake-ups were messed up, now it wouldn't be abusive as much.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Oh yeah, I did make it top 8 again out of 18 people lol But the tourney didn't have a losers bracket so I didn't have a chance to play the winners :(

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
I uploaded some more vids on my YouTube page including a 30 minute set against my friend's Ermac and Sub Zero that went 5-4 in my favor.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I've said it once and I'll say it again, her overheard needs to hit people out of the air.
In that match Krayzie against Tyrant, it went through Jax a few times and allowed him to jumpkick you.

Good matches Krayzie, just wondering why people use EN low boomerang and EN "anti-air" boomerang when bringing the pressure. You can't combo of it when it hits, it just seems that the normal boomerang is so much better.
I gotta learn to use EN glow, it's so good against characters like Jax and Johnny when they are overwhelming you with pressure.
En Low is to catch people who let go of block in anticipation of shadow kick, En H is to keep people from jumping away.

I uploaded some more vids on my YouTube page including a 30 minute set against my friend's Ermac and Sub Zero that went 5-4 in my favor.
Excellent AA, good avoiding of cross-ups by d+3. I'd suggest you to incorporate 1,2 (or 4)~sk dash d+1~staff grab into your game, because you have good execution and it will improve your punishments and pressure. And, please, don't drop combos, it hurts so much ;)

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I just read this thread, I don't have a recorded video of me playing Jade. Since bdog1986 is offering live streaming in the MK lobbies, I posted a match I had using Jade in a King of the Hill room. I hate playing Jade online for obvious reasons LOL! Here is a link of my match and I would like to know some feedback, tips, what I could've done, adjusting Jade in lag (dropped combos, inputs etc). Shoutouts to bdog1986, the quality of the stream is fantastic :)

Link: http://www.twitch.tv/bbushes/b/313295966
Start at - 45:05

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I just read this thread, I don't have a recorded video of me playing Jade. Since bdog1986 is offering live streaming in the MK lobbies, I posted a match I had using Jade in a King of the Hill room. I hate playing Jade online for obvious reasons LOL! Here is a link of my match and I would like to know some feedback, tips, what I could've done, adjusting Jade in lag (dropped combos, inputs etc). Shoutouts to bdog1986, the quality of the stream is fantastic :)

Link: http://www.twitch.tv/bbushes/b/313295966
Start at - 45:05
Nice spacing man. You've won, what can be said more?

Goldi

Noob
TakeAChance, somehow, someday I'll find a way to play with you and we can do Jade mirrors forever lol.

I've been taking her to tourneys and, yeah, I'm finally on board with she needs a strong back up. I've been working on Mileena to cover some of her brutal match ups.

Espio

Kokomo
Great games Chance, I love your style of play with Jade, very conservative when necessary and aggressive at the perfect times, it's really hard to find that balance with a character. I will be looking forward to your tournament play at toryuken.

As for Jade's match ups, the only match up where I think she could use a back up JIC, is Kenshi, though I don't think that match up is hopeless. She can definitely keep up with most of the top tier characters with some challenges along the way.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Some really awesome matches between me and Jimmy Potato in a pretty much lagless set. Was so much fun!

http://www.twitch.tv/stbjimmypotato
Some good matches and clever playing, nice stuff!

I'd like to see more U3 personally, I've perhaps got a little too comfortable using this move lately as I am finding myself occosionally punished for doing it too much, but a healthy dose of it doesn't go wrong in the right situations! It's definitely good for punishing those air fans imo.

I like the use of the occasional overhead off of block strings, I definitely don't utilise it enough in my game. I've only recently started incorporating it off my pokes which I've found is awesome against other poke happy opponents, so I should definitely start doing this more.

I'm interested to know why you like to TaC reset into up rang instead of low rang? It it just because up is a safer or is there more to it? Also is f2 really worth it? I've contemplated using it more before because of the nice range it seems to have, but it is awfully slow so b3 just seems like the better option really. Also whiffing f21... eek!

Thanks for posting, nice to see my playstyle is somewhat similar so I know I'm on the right track haha!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
TakeAChance, somehow, someday I'll find a way to play with you and we can do Jade mirrors forever lol.

I've been taking her to tourneys and, yeah, I'm finally on board with she needs a strong back up. I've been working on Mileena to cover some of her brutal match ups.
Take your man, and head on up to Toronto. I hate Jade Mirrors, but I would play it just for the laughs lol.
Some good matches and clever playing, nice stuff!

I'd like to see more U3 personally, I've perhaps got a little too comfortable using this move lately as I am finding myself occosionally punished for doing it too much, but a healthy dose of it doesn't go wrong in the right situations! It's definitely good for punishing those air fans imo.

I like the use of the occasional overhead off of block strings, I definitely don't utilise it enough in my game. I've only recently started incorporating it off my pokes which I've found is awesome against other poke happy opponents, so I should definitely start doing this more.

I'm interested to know why you like to TaC reset into up rang instead of low rang? It it just because up is a safer or is there more to it? Also is f2 really worth it? I've contemplated using it more before because of the nice range it seems to have, but it is awfully slow so b3 just seems like the better option really. Also whiffing f21... eek!

Thanks for posting, nice to see my playstyle is somewhat similar so I know I'm on the right track haha!
I have a love/hate relationship with u3. Sometimes it gets you blown up. I do use it when I have a life lead and want to make opponents think twice about coming in.

Overhead off of blockstrings is good when used in moderation. Especially after the threat of the low EX Boomerang.

The reason I use up rang sometimes instead of low rang, is because it will catch jumpers who jump early from the low rang. It also can grant a free deep jump kick. But I can't reveal much more, all I can say is, those sets were good, but I am saving the really good stuff for toryuken.

On a side note, how many of you actually experimented with 3 and b3's frame advantage on hit? I have :D

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Overhead off of blockstrings is good when used in moderation. Especially after the threat of the low EX Boomerang.
Yeah definitely, it's safe on block, but obviously it aint safe during if they're expecting it, as you say, condition with the low rang and then... >=D

But I can't reveal much more, all I can say is, those sets were good, but I am saving the really good stuff for toryuken.

On a side note, how many of you actually experimented with 3 and b3's frame advantage on hit? I have :D
Building dat HYPE! Interested to see what you got, looking forward to it.

Espio

Kokomo
Here's some of me. I've been focusing on Soul Calibur lately, so I feel like I played dumber then I usually play, did fairly bad with Jade and Stryker early on, but did well with Sheeva lol(love her). Anywho, this was off of Blake's stream critique if you want and enjoy:).

http://www.twitch.tv/gamerblake90/b/315038316

Mine Starts at 1:36:30=Jade v.s. Rain

1:43:00= Jade v.s Rain

1:48:50= same as above.

1:56:07= Jade v.s. Smoke

2:02:55=Jade v.s. Sub-Zero

2:18:05= Jade v.s. Mileena

2:21:40= Jade v.s. Mileena

2:28:24= Jade CSZ.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
! at 40:00. Digimon is using down pokes and 12 string very well, not so good with meter management, but a good watch overall.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Here's some of me. I've been focusing on Soul Calibur lately, so I feel like I played dumber then I usually play, did fairly bad with Jade and Stryker early on, but did well with Sheeva lol(love her). Anywho, this was off of Blake's stream critique if you want and enjoy:).

http://www.twitch.tv/gamerblake90/b/315038316
Your matches online with Jade are good, definitely better than mine XD I hate using her online, she feels so sluggish on reactions. Do you ever njp? You were jip combo'd a lot and were cross up combo'd too. Then when you started jumping, he got you with his own njp combo. After getting beat real badly by a gdlk Jade player on XBL few days ago, I learned a lot about her common weaknesses getting jip combo'd/cross up combo'd. Never have I played a Jade player online that countered my every move with standing 1 AA combo, a 30% njp combo, D1 anti cross up 16% combo and that Ex Purple Glow. Jade is purely amazing in the hands of the right player :D