What's new

Match Footage Jade Videos

luis

WLK_FENIX

this is my fight against PAIN, from Chile. PAIN is a good player, he lost in a final against DOCTRINE DARK in a tournament here in Chile, so it was a hard fight, please comment and i hope you can helpme against kung lao using Jade, bye

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
against kung lao
1:54 - Lao's startup options are all high. You can either b2, u3, or b4 all of them. You have to pick right. You can risk an enhanced overhead but it's as I said, a risk.

1:58 - Never jump over Lao, it's asking for trouble. 23f2 him steadily into the position of the above scenario and if he's still blocking, d3 to advance, it stuffs his options except for jumping. If you read a jump, you can njp.

2:00 - f212 is not useful against Lao unless he's backjumping.

2:01 - Do not jump his downpokes, use overhead or enhanced depending on the distance. Do NOT jump over Lao.

2:04 - Overhead that close counts as a jump.

2:05 - If you see him naked pressure you, backdash and b2 into a combo. Teach him to advance blocking and bait his spin or jump.

2:06 - Very good. Air-evading his pressure, though I would have used a single shadow kick into d1df2 there instead of teching back.

2:08 - Very good. Uppercutting his teleport is the best online punish. Offline you can njp or backdash b2 for full combo.

2:10 - Beautiful use of f2, though I think you mashed that with the boomerang followup. Steady hands please. :) f212, df4, 12 12 12 d1 df4 for a horribly painful punish, possibly forcing his breaker there.

2:13 - You forced his breaker anyway. Good going.

2:17 - ... I'm ... Not... sure what he's trying to do there. Glow and boomerang and then move in to blow him up.

2:20 - Flash and b2 to blow him up out of his stupid habit to feel safe from Jade within staff distance.

2:22 - You were a bit late on the reaction. You both seem like you're mashing here.

2:24 - Flash and b2 all his ground hats, or you can even f212df4d1df2 that shit if you can pull it off.

2:25 - Teleports in and crouches: Enhanced overhead his ass. If he blocks it standing, 23f2

2:30 - You keep jumping and ending up like that. Pause at 2:30 and look at that picture for a minute to remind yourself not to jump.

2:31 - Or at the breaker.

Either way, your Jade is pretty good, just need to adjust your style to your opponent and especially to your matchups. Jade has power against Lao just learn to take away his zoning, teleport, and be ready to bait his spin.

luis

WLK_FENIX
1:54 - Lao's startup options are all high. You can either b2, u3, or b4 all of them. You have to pick right. You can risk an enhanced overhead but it's as I said, a risk.

1:58 - Never jump over Lao, it's asking for trouble. 23f2 him steadily into the position of the above scenario and if he's still blocking, d3 to advance, it stuffs his options except for jumping. If you read a jump, you can njp.

2:00 - f212 is not useful against Lao unless he's backjumping.

2:01 - Do not jump his downpokes, use overhead or enhanced depending on the distance. Do NOT jump over Lao.

2:04 - Overhead that close counts as a jump.

2:05 - If you see him naked pressure you, backdash and b2 into a combo. Teach him to advance blocking and bait his spin or jump.

2:06 - Very good. Air-evading his pressure, though I would have used a single shadow kick into d1df2 there instead of teching back.

2:08 - Very good. Uppercutting his teleport is the best online punish. Offline you can njp or backdash b2 for full combo.

2:10 - Beautiful use of f2, though I think you mashed that with the boomerang followup. Steady hands please. :) f212, df4, 12 12 12 d1 df4 for a horribly painful punish, possibly forcing his breaker there.

2:13 - You forced his breaker anyway. Good going.

2:17 - ... I'm ... Not... sure what he's trying to do there. Glow and boomerang and then move in to blow him up.

2:20 - Flash and b2 to blow him up out of his stupid habit to feel safe from Jade within staff distance.

2:22 - You were a bit late on the reaction. You both seem like you're mashing here.

2:24 - Flash and b2 all his ground hats, or you can even f212df4d1df2 that shit if you can pull it off.

2:25 - Teleports in and crouches: Enhanced overhead his ass. If he blocks it standing, 23f2

2:30 - You keep jumping and ending up like that. Pause at 2:30 and look at that picture for a minute to remind yourself not to jump.

2:31 - Or at the breaker.

Either way, your Jade is pretty good, just need to adjust your style to your opponent and especially to your matchups. Jade has power against Lao just learn to take away his zoning, teleport, and be ready to bait his spin.
thanks GLoRToR, now i known much better the matchup against kung lao, you have right, i jump so much against kung, and i could win that match if i dont jump, good comments and thanks again :)

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator

this is my fight against PAIN, from Chile. PAIN is a good player, he lost in a final against DOCTRINE DARK in a tournament here in Chile, so it was a hard fight, please comment and i hope you can helpme against kung lao using Jade, bye

Shoutouts to repping Jade at tournies :). You did pretty good. I'm going to have a novel below so please forgive me, but I want to be as through and helpful as I can be for you.

Flash more, it's safe, great meter build and you can keep moving around while you play your footsie game, whether you're on the defensive or offensive.

Point blank staff overhead is a really unsafe option, especially against Kung Lao, although anyone can get a full combo punish. Standing 4 staff grab is the alternative option I recommend or shadow kick in rare instances since it's neutral on block(don't get carried away as ducking to punish is an option too).

I think you should work on being a bit more patient too,I felt like you got too antsy versus Kung Lao. For example, when he started pressuring you, you immediately jumped and got spun on reaction. Pick the right time to poke out, Jade has an amazing down 3 for getting out of pressure as well since it lowers her hitbox.

Everyone jumps(it's useful if used in moderation to get a jump in punch block string or mix up), but I feel you jumped too much, especially against a character like Kung Lao with such a potent anti-air move.

Back 3, 2 is great, but in my humble opinion, it's best as a whiff punisher, it can actually beat Kung Lao's roll if you read it right into combo option of choice. Gotta be careful on when you throw that out, I believe it got jumped or whiffed the three times I noticed its use. To reduce the risk of being punished and the whiff recovery, if you fell your opponent will be out of range, just stagger(stop) the string at the back 3 as you recover much quicker.

Avoid point blank boomerangs, they're unsafe on block and on whiff, you got full combo punished one of the times and the other time he must have dropped the combo, but his jab still hit. You've got faster, safer options for the up close game, utilize those instead. If you're using an ex boomerang set up, that might be okay, but even those you shouldn't use too much, sparingly used is your best bet.

Punish blocked dive kicks with back 1, staff overhead, back 2, 1,2, 2,3, forward 2, staff grab for 35% or an alternative combo of choice that does similar damage to really capitalize on your opponent's mistakes, make them respect your damage and options.

Try anti-airing on reaction as opposed to a read as that can leave you open during your recovery. Nice job on the back 2 to counter his wake up spin, stylish.

I noticed this with both the Ktiana and Kung Lao matches, you seem to be playing a bit too rushed, slow it down, give yourself some time to think and set the opponent up for punishment/counter attacks.

Practice making Kung Lao whiff his teleports and punish for bigger damage, like Glortor recommended, back 2 is probably the easiest option.

Back 2, 1,2, 2,3,forward 2, staff grab/shadow kick for 25% is a respectable option, 1/4th of their life gone for one bad teleport gives Lao players a real incentive to respect your punish in my opinion. It takes practice so work on that.

My recommendations over all is work on your spacing, whiff punishment, meter build, and patience.

luis

WLK_FENIX
My recommendations over all is work on your spacing, whiff punishment, meter build, and patience.
thanks @Espio, its true, i play very rush with Jade, but that is how i play since i take a fighting game :(. I need to be more patience with Jade, i never play footsie in my life, but im learning now because is so good use Jade in Mk, thanks and im going to practice all that you are coment...

Gruff757

The Gruff
you know what i like to do luis? catch them off guard with a nice sweep. Jade has like the best sweep in the game (in my opinion)

and awesome to see someone repping jade in tournaments. good man, you have a new fan

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
thanks @Espio, its true, i play very rush with Jade, but that is how i play since i take a fighting game :(. I need to be more patience with Jade, i never play footsie in my life, but im learning now because is so good use Jade in Mk, thanks and im going to practice all that you are coment...
There's nothing wrong with incorporating a rushdown game, it's just a matter of balancing offense and defense with a strong footsie game to complete the total package, knowing when to rush and when to fall back is important and you acquire this knowledge through experience.

I'm making another video on Jade fundamentals like whiff punishing and walking back soon so keep an eye out for that and you're welcome :).

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
That Jade is abouts my level. Bit weaker on the footsies and armor. Good games. I'd like to fight that guy, regionlock sucks.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Do they post on TYM? Also, Gruff please you did not get your ass handed to you, every match was close and you won some too:p.

They have a lot of potential if they played more patient their game would improve drastically.

You've improved a lot Gruff :).

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

Good shit brother. Keep using Jade...she is the new IT Girl. I really like your use of 12.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I never thought I'd see the day that Jade would evolve from the recycled worst in game gag line she used to be to finally being taken seriously and respected by a broad spectrum of the populus. Good for you, green girl <3.

(Yes, I'm picking her up, too. I need a serious challenge that's delicious to look at, and I am NOT built for Sheeva.)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I never thought I'd see the day that Jade would evolve from the recycled worst in game gag line she used to be to finally being taken seriously and respected by a broad spectrum of the populus. Good for you, green girl <3.

(Yes, I'm picking her up, too. I need a serious challenge that's delicious to look at, and I am NOT built for Sheeva.)
Do not listen to anybody that says she's weak or otherwise. We are discovering freakishly sick properties on her moves, (Boomerang ignoring Kenshi's teleflurry for example wtf, right?)
A cyrax just called my Jade a nightmare the other day.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Do not listen to anybody that says she's weak or otherwise. We are discovering freakishly sick properties on her moves, (Boomerang ignoring Kenshi's teleflurry for example wtf, right?)
A cyrax just called my Jade a nightmare the other day.
I FUCKING CAUGHT THAT TOO <3
The duck on some of the Boomerangs is almost the same proximity as Human Cyrax's Net, how the hitbox ducks certain projectiles completely. The same applies to the U3 and the B2 jumping over certain slow projectiles, like KL's F4 and Baraka's U4.
I love her, legitimately. She's gotten in my blood, and I can't get her out.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I FUCKING CAUGHT THAT TOO <3
The duck on some of the Boomerangs is almost the same proximity as Human Cyrax's Net, how the hitbox ducks certain projectiles completely. The same applies to the U3 and the B2 jumping over certain slow projectiles, like KL's F4 and Baraka's U4.
I love her, legitimately. She's gotten in my blood, and I can't get her out.
That's good, hoping to see some high level stuff from you that I can learn from :D

Yay! A Jade thread in which we all can relish in the beauty of Jade! Jade has so much priority on her boomerangs that its so crazy. Any XBOXLIVE Jade players on here, you know where to find me at: @DesiringCard68

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yay! A Jade thread in which we all can relish in the beauty of Jade! Jade has so much priority on her boomerangs that its so crazy. Any XBOXLIVE Jade players on here, you know where to find me at: @DesiringCard68
Sorry man, psn here.