What's new

Match-up Discussion Jade Matchup Discussion Thread

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Jade is a high execution character, Kabal is one as well. As far as I'm concerned Kabal has nothing that Jade cannot read and stuff. No character has anything that Jade cannot read and avoid, stuff, or punish.

iroku

Noob
Don't pick based on matchups, those are only relevant on a professional level. Pick based on character, if you like somebody, play them and see if the style fits you.
oh, she fits me! bow chika wow wow, besides, its not like im picking anything based on any MU chart.Jade would be far from my sight if that was the case. just hoping she would be better than noob on that match...

You main jade Espio ?mm i will try jade. You are a good person and good people have good taste...exept for stryker tho... i mean... dude is a cop..

I'll give my opinion for Jade's Chart

5-5 vs Baraka
4-6 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
4-6 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger
4-6 vs Jax
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
3-7 vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
4-6 vs Nightwolf
6-4 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
4-6 vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
4-6 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero

Am I crazy for saying she has 16 bad matchups?
They aren't impossible, just a tad difficult and stressful. Kenshi is the only one where I feel he destroys her.
Most of her matches are not easy at all, and it takes so much work to win with her.

She's still a good character, but does need some buffs to be a little more viable.

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
Mr. Mileena, i know this is your own personal matchup chart but i think from my experiences that Jade vs Mileena is 4-6, Jade has trouble... and Jade vs Skarlet is 5-5, i haven't tested it but Jade might be able to glow through the gap between Skarlet's f21212 ex daggers.

Mr. Mileena, i know this is your own personal matchup chart but i think from my experiences that Jade vs Mileena is 4-6, Jade has trouble... and Jade vs Skarlet is 5-5, i haven't tested it but Jade might be able to glow through the gap between Skarlet's f21212 ex daggers.
I see, I thought about it too, but Mileena online is a betch. And Jade can player her footsie game much better offline :)

She can't because skarlet is at +21
she can only glow if it doesnt jail

Espio

Kokomo
I agree with AestheticLove in regards to the Mileena match up, I don't understand what makes it even, it comes off as 6-4 to me. Maybe it's online or me not getting how to deal with her, but it doesn't feel even to me.

I know this is your personal match up chart as well, but Sheeva v.s. Jade comes off as even to me(maybe I'm wrong).

I like that 5-5 Stryker v.s. Jade though, that match up is fun, a big counterzoning fest, love that they keep each other in check too.

oh, she fits me! bow chika wow wow, besides, its not like im picking anything based on any MU chart.Jade would be far from my sight if that was the case. just hoping she would be better than noob on that match...

You main jade Espio ?mm i will try jade. You are a good person and good people have good taste...exept for stryker tho... i mean... dude is a cop..
She's my co-main with Stryker, they make a fabulous counterzoning pair:).

I didn't realize I was that good/likeable lol, thank you for the kind words.

Also, you dare to insult New York's finest? Child please:p.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Mr. Mileena is not crazy, that MU looked nearly 100% accurate.

Jade vs Sheeva is 5-5, I played this MU many times with skilled Sheeva players on XBL (played BoysBoysBoys long time ago, STBripcrowley, Night_Shadow, and my sparring partner.

Since we don't use .5 I believe Jade vs Sindel is 6-4 only because Birdsongs absolutely bodied my Sindel (I play both zoning and rushdown with Sindel depending on the MU) two months ago and I used Jade against Dan's Sindel when I had matches on PSN (though I rarely go on it compared to XBL). Jade controls the zoning, Sindel can't zone and it's very difficult to get in against a defensive Jade that keeps Sindel out, on top of that Ex Purple Glow up close counters Sindel's pressure attempts.

Jade vs Noob Saibot is 5-5, only based on the way Flawedzilla plays this MU when I faced him on XBL many, many times. Every other Noob Saibot player Jade can crush him easily. I don't know any Noob Saibot players on PSN but I think Mr. Mileena, Birdsongs and Espio should run matches with Grolarbear (who I've heard is a classy Noob Saibot player on PSN). The zoning is at her advantage but up close, I am not too sure because they both have low damage and terrible normals but again Jade has Ex Purple Glow and Noob Saibot has Upshadow to keep her out.. I don't know if it's 6-4 or 5-5 or in Noob Saibot's favor... =-|

Death

Noob
I was thinking Mileena goes even with Jade. What is it about Mileena where you have a hard time?

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
I was thinking Mileena goes even with Jade. What is it about Mileena where you have a hard time?
Well they both cannot zone each other, I think Mileena's rushdown is better than Jade's. Although Jade does have ex glow, Jade doesn't build meter fast enough. And the most Jade can get from a whiffed roll is 25% meterless.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Mileena's long D4 poke stops a lot of Jade's offense which she needs to reposition herself against her. Aside from that Jade has no problems with Mileena. Also, Mileena's Teleport Kick combos from the whiffs of B2, Staff Slam and Up3 (all airborne).

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
The most Jade can get from a whiffed roll is 25% meterless.
What's the most damage Jade can get from Mileena's Teleport Kick for punishment? On Mileena's Roll, sometimes I use 3~Staff Slam... and sometimes the Staff Slam misses so I end up sticking to B2, 12, 23F2, Shadow Kick 2x for 25%.

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
What's the most damage Jade can get from Mileena's Teleport Kick for punishment? On Mileena's Roll, sometimes I use 3~Staff Slam... and sometimes the Staff Slam misses so I end up sticking to B2, 12, 23F2, Shadow Kick 2x for 25%.
the 25% i was talking about was b2, 12, 23f2 shadowkick 2x, i use that for most punishments against mileena, for ex i try to do a d1 shadowkicks 2x. off a roll if you don't wait for her to hit the ground, you'll hit her in the air and you won't get a combo, and if you wait she can block in time.

Death

Noob
Damn I gotta get you out to EVO. Seems like you know every MU in the game. RTM EVO champ 2012?

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
off a roll if you don't wait for her to hit the ground, you'll hit her in the air and you won't get a combo, and if you wait she can block in time.
Mileena's Roll is so weird, she curls up in a ball and it's so deceiving that I think I can punish it hard with B1/3~Staff Slam combo like blocked Teleports from Quan Chi, Noob Saibot, Scorpion, Ermac etc. Nothing feels more satisfying with Jade when you get a full BnB punishment from Teleports, it's so much fun lol

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Damn I gotta get you out to EVO. Seems like you know every MU in the game. RTM EVO champ 2012?
EVO is too far for me plus 4th of July is already reserved so I can't sign up for it. Also my question directed to Birdsongs was simply to find alternative punishments rather than generic ones regarding Mileena's weird properties of her Roll/Teleport Kick. However, that Mileena Roll is enough for Sonya to Kiss.. then Dive Kick so I can't complain lol

Espio

Kokomo
Mr. Mileena is not crazy, that MU looked nearly 100% accurate.

Jade vs Sheeva is 5-5, I played this MU many times with skilled Sheeva players on XBL (played BoysBoysBoys long time ago, STBripcrowley, Night_Shadow, and my sparring partner.

Since we don't use .5 I believe Jade vs Sindel is 6-4 only because Birdsongs absolutely bodied my Sindel (I play both zoning and rushdown with Sindel depending on the MU) two months ago and I used Jade against Dan's Sindel when I had matches on PSN (though I rarely go on it compared to XBL). Jade controls the zoning, Sindel can't zone and it's very difficult to get in against a defensive Jade that keeps Sindel out, on top of that Ex Purple Glow up close counters Sindel's pressure attempts.

Jade vs Noob Saibot is 5-5, only based on the way Flawedzilla plays this MU when I faced him on XBL many, many times. Every other Noob Saibot player Jade can crush him easily. I don't know any Noob Saibot players on PSN but I think Mr. Mileena, Birdsongs and Espio should run matches with Grolarbear (who I've heard is a classy Noob Saibot player on PSN). The zoning is at her advantage but up close, I am not too sure because they both have low damage and terrible normals but again Jade has Ex Purple Glow and Noob Saibot has Upshadow to keep her out.. I don't know if it's 6-4 or 5-5 or in Noob Saibot's favor... =-|
Grolarbears and I think it's even at 5-5. The thing about Jade nullifying Noob's projectiles is one would think it's a big deal but the major thing is that Jade can't zone Noob either without eating a teleport slam on reaction everytime because her rangs have very slow start up and recovery. Noob's counterzoning does damage, Jade's does not so they force each other to come forward.

This battle will come down to an upclose game, which they both are about equal. Jade can not flash through upknee and Noob's ex shadow tackles knock Jade out of regular flash too. I think Hitoshura also doesn't think it's a bad match up for Noob. She has range on her normals and ex glow to fall back on, but I really don't think it's bad for Noob at all.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/hitoshuras-noob-saibot-matchup-discussion-thread.15439/

Hitosura's match up chart, though he has it in Noob's favor at 5.5-4.5(5-5 basically), I think it's even neither good nor bad for either character though.

Grolarbears and I think it's even at 5-5. The thing about Jade nullifying Noob's projectiles is one would think it's a big deal but the major thing is that Jade can't zone Noob either without eating a teleport slam on reaction everytime because her rangs have very slow start up and recovery. Noob's counterzoning does damage, Jade's does not so they force each other to come forward.

This battle will come down to an upclose game, which they both are about equal. Jade can not flash through upknee and Noob's ex shadow tackles knock Jade out of regular flash too. I think Hitoshura also doesn't think it's a bad match up for Noob. She has range on her normals and ex glow to fall back on, but I really don't think it's bad for Noob at all.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/hitoshuras-noob-saibot-matchup-discussion-thread.15439/

Hitosura's match up chart, though he has it in Noob's favor at 5.5-4.5(5-5 basically), I think it's even neither good nor bad for either character though.
Thanks for the shout outs, guys. I need to test this match up out more with the good Jade players on PSN. Right now it is hard because I *KNOW* I am playing the match up right, and I need to learn it to give a more accurate representation of the match up. Once I get a better perception of the match up. Need to arrange sets with Mr. Mileena , @Birdsongs , and run more with Espio .

Espio

Kokomo
Thanks for the shout outs, guys. I need to test this match up out more with the good Jade players on PSN. Right now it is hard because I *KNOW* I am playing the match up right, and I need to learn it to give a more accurate representation of the match up. Once I get a better perception of the match up. Need to arrange sets with Mr. Mileena , @Birdsongs , and run more with Espio .
The cool thing is that we'll both be learning the match up as I don't get to run Jade v.s. Noob much either, nobody plays Noob like you do that I've played.

We'll run as many sets as you want, whenever you want if we're both on at the time. I'll go all Jade next time we play:).

The cool thing is that we'll both be learning the match up as I don't get to run Jade v.s. Noob much either, nobody plays Noob like you do that I've played.

We'll run as many sets as you want, whenever you want if we're both on at the time. I'll go all Jade next time we play:).
Espio pls.

:D

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I have MK9 on PSN too but I'm RARELY on there, primarily use PS3 to play blu-ray movies. I should add you if I go on there next time, I haven't played Espio in a long time either XD

Wow, I am too tired. I really meant to say I am playing the match up wrong.

*idiot*

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
I'm not gonna do the numbers because I'm lazy but the only 2 match ups I feel that are bad are :

Sonya Blade (don't quote me on that, I didnt play enouth to really figure out an answer... yet)
Kenshi (not 3-7 but its hard 4-6 for now)

Don't forget you can play jade in very different play styles. Me and TakeAChance play 2 different play styles and no I don't believe a play style is better than the other it justs show how flexible this character is. So when your plan goes wrong, just change it. Don't be random but throw every goddamn trick you have and mix it up.