Match-up Discussion Jade Matchup Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Jade' started by Konqrr, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Krayzie

Krayzie Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged! Staff Member Administrator

The match against Kitana can potentially be 5-5, and this is as low as I would go. My original score was in Jades favor, this of course before I actually played decent Kitana players. Jade actually forces Kitana into a rush game, otherwise I can make meter all day. I think 5-5 is fair.
  2. TheChad_87

TheChad_87 Bad Reputation

PSN:
    TheChad_87
    Definitely agree. Against a "hit and run" Kitana, jade saves meter for the hits and builds it with Glow/Boomerang during the run. It's definitely NOT in Jade's favor, but I don't think it's a 4-6 either. Maybe 4.5-5.5
  3. CompletelyJaded

CompletelyJaded Whiffmaker

Or you do what CJ does and position yourself so that Jade's bestie quickly stops flying around like a ditz... When you see her flying, backdash. Free combo.
  4. Konqrr

Konqrr ManBearPig

Jade rapes Kitana at the distance game. Kitana can't get a hit in while Jade builds meter all day. Kitana MUST go in and fight the close game. Jade can punish the square boost every time with her green kick, so you can't just throw it out there whenever you want.

I think it's even or at the worst 5.5-4.5 for Jade.
  5. Krayzie

Krayzie Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged! Staff Member Administrator

This.
  6. CompletelyJaded

It's really an even fight, that's why I love it.
  7. kabelfritz

kabelfritz Noob

it also seems like once you get kitana close, blocking her attacks always puts jade in a good position to counter with her sweep/midrange attacks and get pressure going herself. jades favor imo but i havent played that good kitanas anyway.
  8. CompletelyJaded

Kitana has some pretty freaky upcloses so trust me on this: If you let her close, be ready to ex glow punish AND ex-high boomerang to catch her out of her escape.
  9. Thead

Thead Noob

XBL:
    Thead
    About the Ermac matchup. What are you guys having trouble with?

Full screen Ermac only has Teleport and Levitate against Jade, both highly punishable, once you've got the life lead you can hang back. U3 can't be reacted to with Lift it must be baited (Push wins however). En Shadow Kick has armour against Ermacs moves as well.

This is a pretty even fight, 5-5 I would say from experience.
  10. CompletelyJaded

agreed ermac 5-5
  11. kabelfritz

kabelfritz Noob

true but i still think blocking kitanas melee attacks often puts jade in a good position.
  12. TheChad_87

TheChad_87 Bad Reputation

PSN:
    TheChad_87
    I can buy that and chalk my wanting to rate it 4-6 to lack of match-up experience.
  13. Arkayne

Arkayne EX-Mod/ Jade Knowledge Dictionary Come get get it.

I agree with this one, My one point I'd say is ermac players seem to love doing teleslam after blocked strings. Don't always be hasty to react to a block. It's just better if you wait and punish.
  14. ADMIRALpancake

ADMIRALpancake The Lone Jade

What's the details on getting around a crazy Mileena? How punishable is her tele-kick when blocked?
  15. CompletelyJaded

I already replied this one please read the whole thread :)
    Edit: My mistake! Didn't even do it in this thread, we have the punishment guide for that. Check that one!
  16. CompletelyJaded

Sektor-Jade 9/1
  17. hey guys whats up? first time posting in this thread......Ive been having pretty good sucess with jade so far...but Ive have been losing to jumpers.....does jade have an instant anti air other than b2? would 1,2 work?
  18. Exacuss

Exacuss Noob

B2 is never safe. It should only be used after a sucessful jump in punch or a baited jump in where the opponent is half screen away. You can flash kick out of jump ins. 1,2 works if they're not in your face, uppercut is pretty tough, and you can jump kick them back.
  19. CY MasterHavik

CY MasterHavik Master of Chaos and Jax Premium Supporter

Jax vs. Jade 55-45 or 60-40?
  20. CompletelyJaded

Jax doesn't stand much of a chance against Jade, to be honest.
    No teleport, slow projectile, gets zoned to death.
  21. CY MasterHavik

That bommerang ain't going to stop him. Doesn't that thing have slow start up. And let's not forget about up close where things are very fun. But hell it doesn't matter who wins this one. I'm going to learn Jade tonight anyways.
  22. CompletelyJaded

Learn her "tonight" ? :D
    Good luck.
  23. huh? You don't need those 2 things to beat Jade. Let alone even mention a projectile considering those barely even affect her.

I don't think jax is so bad vs jade to be saying "Not much of a chance"

Jax can get in on jade and do some damage.
  24. CompletelyJaded

Fine I'll give Jax a 6-4 ?
  25. CY MasterHavik

Ok. It's going to take longer than. Her combos are tricky, but everything else is easy as hell. She has to be one of the hardest character to combo with in my opinion. So much canceling and spacing and thinking. It's mindblowing I tell ya. Anyways, how is Jade vs. Cyrax?