What's new

Match-up Discussion Jade Matchup Discussion Thread

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Damn it! I wanted to see your Jade on stream... at least Octopus landed Jade Top 16. Time for Top 8!
In all honesty, at Toryuken octo was the better Jade. I need to get a converter so I can use my stick. Huge shoutouts to everyone there. When I get home I will post shout outs.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
In all honesty, at Toryuken octo was the better Jade. I need to get a converter so I can use my stick. Huge shoutouts to everyone there. When I get home I will post shout outs.
He did quite well. The match against Raiden sucked it was Teleport/Cross ups all over the screen.

Temjiin said he faced you in pools, how did you do in pools with Jade or did you use other characters too? I think you should do a Jade tournament write up of your offline experience at Toryuken with Jade and post it here. Possibly tell us about how much better she is offline with the ability of her standing 1 AA tool 9 frames which is like Smoke's standing 2 for AA.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Possibly tell us about how much better she is offline with the ability of her standing 1 AA tool 9 frames which is like Smoke's standing 2 for AA.
Her standing 1 is nowhere near Smoke's 2. Smoke's 2 puts him back a little and covers his head from the front and a little above. Jade's 1 puts her forward and almost has no vertical reach. With Jade you have to take a step back to be sure 1 hits, with Smoke you don't.

Espio

Kokomo
speaking of wich, who should i be watching to learn jade btw ?
Play everyone you can, good players, bad players etc. What system are you on? If you want to mirror match people and see how they play you should try that too.

Even though I've played Jade for a while now, I still learn new things playing other Jade players.

If you're looking for specific streams or something, we can help you with that too I'm sure.

Espio

Kokomo
yea some stream would b great :)
Check out the Jade video thread, there's a ton of matches from Jade players on this forum including Birdsongs, Loling Octopus, Prinzmetal, NeoRussell, TAC, Mr. Mileena, Krayzie, Blackula, myself and others.

That way you don't have to look all over the place for matches and I don't either lol.

That thread is a nice encapsulation of all the current and former Jade footage, enjoy:).

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
yea some stream would b great :)
Order of importance
1. Spacing
1.a. Do not whiff
1.b. Make them whiff and punish with full combo as much as you can. (b1, n3, n2 are starters which combo into db2, b2, - setups.)
1.c. Once you've got your reach you can play pokes from stupid range and do minor ranged punishes for almost everything they do. The point of your spacing game is to force them to get in your face and force them to react in favorable ways for you to gain the upper hand. Certain characters require you to keep them away. (Such as Cage, Kano) Others you must learn to rush down at the right moment with the right move (Such as Kenshi, Scorpion) because if you let them run free you're fucked. Yet again some others require you to jump hoops to beat them. Raiden needs to be crossjumped and you need to fish for full combos while you punish his teleport, Reptile requires you to maintain jump-in distance, read his moves right, flash through his projectile and full combo punish, block and punish his dash and glow his rushdown. Lao is one of your worst uphill battles. Learn to punish his every special, keep him outside sweep distance, and be ready to glow his rushdown.

2. Flash, Glow
2.a. Practice mode. Set to ai. Set to full bar. Glow, glow, glow, glow, every attack you face just glow and n3 db2 combo them. Do not block, do not dodge. Glow through everything so you learn to input it accurately.
2.b. Practice mode. Get knocked down and use bf3 as your wakeup move. Achieve 100% accuracy on waking up with flash.

3. Learn your juggle options.
3.a. b1,db2,b2,12,23f2,df2/4 (23f2 can be replaced by 12, 4 for online. So you do 12,12,4,df2/4)
3.b. n3,db2,b2,12,23f2,df2/4
3.c. n2,db2,b2,12,23f2,df2/4
3.d. 23f2,df4,d1/d4,4,df2 (in the corner you can 12, 12, 12, 12, 4df4 off of the first df4)

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Dude I want to know what your alternate use of standing 3 was that you mentioned a while back. Said you were going to show it off at Toryuken. I'm assuming it's just something a long the lines of "good amount of stagger, free jump in, block string equals sweet sweet meter", but I'm still interested, don't leave me hanging!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Dude I want to know what your alternate use of standing 3 was that you mentioned a while back. Said you were going to show it off at Toryuken. I'm assuming it's just something a long the lines of "good amount of stagger, free jump in, block string equals sweet sweet meter", but I'm still interested, don't leave me hanging!

Essentially, if you hit a random 3, you can dash up and get another 3. The stagger animation makes the 3 hit at a farther distance then it normally can. B3 also gives you advantage on hit and when the opponent starts respecting that leads to more B3's or even a rush 3 which also provides advantage on hit. It's a simple thing, and unfortunately I didn't get to exploit it at Toryuken as I drew Maxter first, won my next match and drew my training partner 3rd (who I got done explaining how to fight Jade the 2 nights before because there were two other Jades in tourney) and the matches were solid but he got the win.

Also, people who say Jade cannot build meter are off their rocker. A corner setup I like to use is this.

Knockdown the opponent in the corner.
Glow.
If they jump, 1,2 anti air their cross up for a combo and end in staff slam to put them back in corner.

If they respect it, 1,2 shadow kick, (you can 1,2 on their wakeup and still have enough time to 1,2 again on their cross over)
Now, here is the gem. When you 1,2 Shadowkick, glow is still active for a second. What's the main problem with the 23f2 string? Well, the 2 is a true high and it's easily poked. The glow from the 1,2 shadow kick is active long enough to cover your 2. If they poke, they get blown up and can be juggled back into another TaC reset (23f2~12, B2, D3) If they respect the string, end in shadow kick (23f2, Shadow kick) you are now at 0 frames. Then D1(6 frames) Staff grab (safe and not duckable) and you build back the whole bar of meter you used, and do about 15% chip.

iroku

Noob
Order of importance

3. Learn your juggle options.
3.a. b1,db2,b2,12,23f2,df2/4 (23f2 can be replaced by 12, 4 for online. So you do 12,12,4,df2/4)
3.b. n3,db2,b2,12,23f2,df2/4
3.c. n2,db2,b2,12,23f2,df2/4
3.d. 23f2,df4,d1/d4,4,df2 (in the corner you can 12, 12, 12, 12, 4df4 off of the first df4)
ty :) that just helped me a lot :) we ll see day 2 jade

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Jade vs Noob.

I actually love this matchup. I've played Grolarbears a lot online since he's on my friend's list. During the MLG ladder, I've been forced to pretty much use Jade in this matchup over Kenshi since because it's online, I can't play Kenshi the way I want to. It's also gotten me a lot of victories over Noob. I agree with Mr. Mileena. I honestly think this matchup is in Jade's favor 6-4.

Noob has no armor and Jade has 3 safe armored moves. Noob cannot zone Jade. Jade can flash right through shadows (except up shadow) which allows her to get in close and pressure Noob. As someone mentioned, you gotta limit your use of boomerang in this match because of its horrible startup and recovery which Noob will be able to respond to with a teleport. You don't really need to rely on boomerang though. Noob's normals also are pretty slow compared to Jade's normals for the most part.

iroku

Noob
i am sorry but tho noobs normals r slow they r enough for jade. A simple look at frame data will show you that noobs 212 10 frame string will do just fine against jade.
Jade does have a great 12 !!! that will beat noobs strings however its completly duckeble :)
If noobs tries to zone jade it will be stupid but thats not all he has tho...
If you would like to, i ll be glad to test my noob vs any jade :)

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
i am sorry but tho noobs normals r slow they r enough for jade. A simple look at frame data will show you that noobs 212 10 frame string will do just fine against jade.
Jade does have a great 12 !!! that will beat noobs strings however its completly duckeble :)
If noobs tries to zone jade it will be stupid but thats not all he has tho...
If you would like to, i ll be glad to test my noob vs any jade :)
If you're in europe I'm willing. I'd be arrogant to say I've never been beaten by NS... but he does struggle uphill vs Jade.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Guys, help me out here.
Pig Of The Hut was perhaps right and Jade IS helplessly shit. I'm just too stubborn to believe this.
I went to SC5 and until I see any good info here, I'm staying and playing that.
After literally throwing my controller. I never fought a high level Sektor before.

His standing 1 is i6
Jade's fastest is i9
Which is a crouching move. If you crouch for your i9, he has a i7 overhead that gets him a 47% combo.
You can't zone him because his teleport makes him dive into the ground and pop up right under you. Even if you move after he disappeared in the ground, he tracks you with it.
The only way to defend that is block it within the 0.75 sec timeframe it takes him to reappear under you.

And if that wasn't bad enough he has a "flamethrower" that you cannot jump over, duck, or phase through with Jade's SIGNATURE MOVE THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO NEGATE ZONING AND FOR WHICH SHE WAS ACTUALLY NERFED BECAUSE IT WAS CALLED IMBALANCED.

And it does pushback with stagger which sets you up for his teleport.
So
Jade:
i9 opener
i14 that leads to combo (40% if you sweat your lunch out on your controller but online and lag it's 35%)
Constantly confined in a blocking state

Sektor:
i6 opener
Highlow mixup (47% damage)
Fullscreen mobility
Projectile autonomy.

Fuck you Netherrealm Studios. Even if I could fight this uphill and find his holes and systematically take his shit away. CBA. Soul Calibur. GG.

Espio

Kokomo
Lack of match up experience sounds like the problem, honestly.

You shoudn't be relying on throwing boomerangs as your means of dealing with Sektor, play a strong footsie game, bait and punish his mistakes. You have no reason to rush him down, unless you're down by a lot of health, you should play calm, cool and collected.

Zone with your range, not your rangs if you catch my drift. Out of all of Jade's matches, I promise Sektor is the least of her problems, you just need MU experience to learn how to deal with him.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Lack of match up experience sounds like the problem, honestly.

You shoudn't be relying on throwing boomerangs as your means of dealing with Sektor, play a strong footsie game, bait and punish his mistakes. You have no reason to rush him down, unless you're down by a lot of health, you should play calm, cool and collected.

Zone with your range, not your rangs if you catch my drift. Out of all of Jade's matches, I promise Sektor is the least of her problems, you just need MU experience to learn how to deal with him.
He rushes ME down and I get the high low mixup and the i6 spam in my face and missiles and flame thrower and if I do anything but anticipate the teleport, half of my hp gone to fuck.

Espio

Kokomo
He rushes ME down and I get the high low mixup and the i6 spam in my face and missiles and flame thrower and if I do anything but anticipate the teleport, half of my hp gone to fuck.
You need a lot of MU experience to deal with Sektor and his footsies. I've played a lot of Sektors in this community, I wouldn't steer you wrong on this match, I promise it's not bad at all. Sektor is one of the least cheap characters in the game honestly.

Flash missles and flamethrower is -17 on block, you have an armored safe overhead to punish flamethrower. You can also bait it out and walk back.

His mix ups are just that, mix ups you gotta learn what to look for to deal with him. From the sound of it, this is your first high level Sektor you've fought, so you can't expect to break even with him or know how to counter his options.

He can't spam those move.

6 frame jab whiffs on crouch block and you severely outrange Sektor. Teleport is full combo punishable on block, he's taking as much of a risk as you are when he uses this move, risk reward type of deal.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
You need a lot of MU experience to deal with Sektor and his footsies. I've played a lot of Sektors in this community, I wouldn't steer you wrong on this match, I promise it's not bad at all. Sektor is one of the least cheap characters in the game honestly.

Flash missles and flamethrower is -17 on block, you have an armored safe overhead to punish flamethrower. You can also bait it out and walk back.

His mix ups are just that, mix ups you gotta learn what to look for to deal with him. From the sound of it, this is your first high level Sektor you've fought, so you can't expect to break even with him or know how to counter his options.

He can't spam those move.

6 frame jab whiffs on crouch block and you severely outrange Sektor. Teleport is full combo punishable on block, he's taking as much of a risk as you are when he uses this move, risk reward type of deal.
And then there is what Charlie Murphy said too. If I try to lowpoke.. I get bunny hopped. I hate this game.

Espio

Kokomo
And then there is what Charlie Murphy said too. If I try to lowpoke.. I get bunny hopped. I hate this game.
It's sad but it can't be helped lol, Everyone doesn't care play a strong or serious footsie game, for shame though XD.

I wish I had footage of my fights with Master D from Console Combat to show you, it would help I think. I don't really play this game much now, but maybe I'll get some recorded matches with a Sektor player of equal skill to show you how I play the match up.