What's new

"It's a Good Day to Kill!" AK/BYS Smarr wins Atlanta Kombat Arena #8!

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Last night brought about another of the weekly tournaments from the deep south players in Atlanta. The eighth installment of the Atlanta Kombat Arena would feature 20 of Atlanta's best doing battle in Injustice: Gods Among Us. Last weeks champion BYS Smarr was in attendace but regular top placers like Pig of the Hut, Saltface, and Clint the Beast were unable to make it. However, two very missed players were in attendance in Lord of the Fly and Reayon. How would the guys who had been out of the loop do in the tournament? Would they be able to unseat the regular placers?

The tournament would feature some incredibly hype matches on and off stream including some amazing upsets. After most of the dust was settled, the Top 4 was BYS Smarr and RTD in winners and Goomba and Trepound in losers.

Winner's Finals saw a match that has never happened in tournament yet for the Atlanta scene. RTD vs Smarr. RTD had been on a tear all night with Sinestro but seemed to struggle with Smarr throughout the set. Smarr seemed to know the MU too well as he took a 3-0 victory sending RTD quickly to the losers bracket after his second appearance in Winner's Finals in an Atlanta tournament (BNB September).

In Loser's Semis, Goomba was back in tournament form and action after missing the last couple tournaments. Sleeping on Goomba is a terrible idea as his fierce Wonder Woman will catch you in so many different ways. Tre was looking good in the first game as he closed it out before Goomba could complete the comeback. Goomba came back with the adjustment showcasing some nasty tech with crossover F3 midscreen. Tre would switch to his backup Catwoman but Goomba seemed to be in his head in that point as he was catching Tre low in fear of the crossup F3 setups.

Loser's Finals was now set for Goomba and RTD to face off. At the last BNB, RTD took victory over Goomba but in any set the tides can sway quickly. It began that way as the lame battle between Sinestro and Wonder Woman went to a last second almost negligible health timeout that Goomba ended up winning. Game 2 would bring much of the same but Goomba stopped the comeback in its tracks this time using Wonder Woman's excellent corner game to make Sinestro and RTD fearful of losing 3-0. Game 3 would be yet another ridiculous nailbiter as RTD blocked for his life for the last 5 seconds to win by another timeout. So the set was still alive, and it would be evened up by RTD after finding great ways to get his trait out to control the pace. Now it was down to game 5. This set was already a ridiculous one and Game 5 was no exception. Coming down to another timeout RTD completes the comeback and wins 3-2. This will go down as one of the best sets from all the AKA's so far.

After a small breather for RTD, it was back into the fray for Grand Finals vs Smarr. After their bout in Winner's Finals, RTD chose to go a different route from the start and chose Superman. His Superman is definitely no slouch (Eliminated Tom Brady from TFC) so Smarr had to be on guard. The change would prove fruitful for RTD as the match came down to the wire but unfortunately an interactible that almost got punished and Black Adam's trait closed out Game 1 for Smarr. RTD would go back to Sinestro for Game 2 but ran into the same problems as in Winner's Finals and was stopped quickly by Smarr. Smarr was now on the verge of consecutive victories but RTD had already come back from 2-0 down once tonight would not go down without a fight. Superman was the choice again and the match was almost like chess with each player meticulously waiting on the other to make their move. Time would start to come into play as RTD had a noticeable life lead. His want for the time out would prove to be his downfall as Smarr got a couple throws and a low lightning to take the life lead back with one second left and finish it off with a throw. Good play from RTD but Smarr proved too strong to stop as he rolled on 3-0 in Grand Finals.

BYS Smarr has now won consecutive AKA's and four overall. As we move closer to the next set of big tournaments, Atlanta looks to have a strong scene all around. Tune in next week for more hype, more salt, and more shenanigans from the Atlanta Kombat Krew.

--------Top 8 Results/Characters--------

1- BYS Smarr (Black Adam)
2- AK rtd (Sinestro, Superman)
3- AK elitegoomba (Wonder Woman)
4- AK Trepound380 (Hawkgirl, Catwoman)
5- AK L0rdoftheFLY (Nightwing, Grundy)
5- AK Stormthegates (MMH, Aquaman)
7- AK XEN0M0RPH (Green Lantern, Batgirl)
7- AK Harold (Flash, Zatanna)

Full results at www.Challonge.com/AtlantaKombatArena8

Twitch archive at http://www.twitch.tv/atlantakombat/c/3107503

AK GamerBlake

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
GG Smarr, btw why AK Pig Of The Hut didn't attend?
He has work on Friday nights that makes it impossible for him to attend unfortunately. He is definitely missed from our local meet ups =/
^^^^This x 100

:(

Im NEVER in town thurs-sat , always on road for work w fox, css or espn but i take my ps3 w me and was able to play online

shout outs to AMAZING INTERNET in hampton inn

Im not kidding, shit was flawless

Pig Of The Hut

Congrats to AK Smarrgasm who unlike some top players has stuk to his guns and continue to win consistently w "HELLA NERFED" Black Adam

Shout outs to him and his continued dominance

Also special shout outs to Fly coming in and getting 5th

He'll get better in time and be a force

Great stuff guys

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Elite goomba's Wonder Woman is legit, I played him online the other night and he was doing some pretty cool stuff with her
He's definitely the best WW in America IMO. The only reason I beat him last night was cause I was using a fucked up strategy that he wasnt used to at all. It got me literally 90% of my damage. Cant wait for the next major he attends cause he will blow people up. If he loses it will still be awesome though cause then you get the drunk Goomba salt where no character in the game is safe from being called bullshit, except Joker :joker:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Black adam was never nerfed to shit, just nerfed to an even level. Just because you cant abuse divekick anymore doesnt mean hes shit, means play smarter, and smarrgasm showed that, good stuff man.

Pig Of The Hut

Sounds like a pretty cool gig. What does your job entail exactly if I may ask?
Replay director mostly sometimes Technical director

Replay director controls and records in all 4-8 cameras in the production truck and between plays clips them off and gets them instantly ready for a replay at all angles while also making packages to show later on air when talent asks for them. Say A running back is having a killer game ,3rd quarter i better have something ready for him when talent starts talking about him so i make them look goofy. But the main focus is after every play have every camera angle ready for replay, then after it plays clips it off. Also halftime reels and post game reels and Game summary reels have to be sent to networks incase they need to use it.

Technical Director choose everything that goes OUT on the air and is responsible for all shots, takes, graphics (ehh mostly)

So I either use this for replay
http://www.newtek.com/products/3play-4800.html
or this
http://www.evs.com/nala/evs-sports

Gig dependent