What's new

It came from the Shadows! - Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Quick word: I really like this character. A few questions:

How do you set up the NJP splay/portal corner set-ups?

Also, do you need to use EX Portal to use mid-screen resets?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Quick word: I really like this character. A few questions:

How do you set up the NJP splay/portal corner set-ups?

Also, do you need to use EX Portal to use mid-screen resets?

212 upknee, 21 or 12 upknee, NJP [splat] portal

No b/c EX portal has a bug where every variant of it [close, far, behind] all land in the same spot.

Geoduck

Halfasser
I miss this character. :(
I can't wait to see what the modders will do to this character in the upcoming PC port of MK9. Just imagine the potential, man. All the modding possibilities! We can finally craft Noob Saibot in our own perfect image. Just you wait. ;)

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I can't wait to see what the modders will do to this character in the upcoming pc port of MK9. The pontential, man, all the modding possibilities! We can finally craft Noob Saibot in our own perfect image. :) Just you wait.
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDEEEE!!!!! I'm hyped.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I might know a modder who is willing to do a patch for the game. I might have a talk with him to see if he can help out good ol' shadowy friend.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I can't think of any other character in any other fighting game that I've had more fun with than Noob Saibot in MK9. I can only hope he's just as much fun in MK10 cause I love this character! Maybe someday I'll get a tattoo of him. :]

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Okay, who is going to Summer Jam 7? I'm currently training in MK9 again and want to know which high level Noob players are going? We should all meet in a room and share tips, tricks, tech, etc.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I can't think of any other character in any other fighting game that I've had more fun with than Noob Saibot in MK9. I can only hope he's just as much fun in MK10 cause I love this character! Maybe someday I'll get a tattoo of him. :]
I'm gonna tattoo Noob on one leg and Saibot on the other. #FearMe

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'm gonna tattoo Noob on one leg and Saibot on the other. #FearMe
Nah son it's all about getting the entire back done of a close up of Noob when he's crossing his arms laughing

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Nah son it's all about getting the entire back done of a close up of Noob when he's crossing his arms laughing
too much swag

i'd totally buy a noob saibot costume, most boss costume in the entire game.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If anyone still posts here maybe ever

Would you prefer Noob's Ghostball to become more like a SF type slow fireball? Think something like Akuma's, possibly with an air variant. Or would you rather have it like it is currently, makes you unable to block his next attack, just with better frame data.

Just curious because I like to discuss random thoughts. :p

Hitoshura

Head Cage
If anyone still posts here maybe ever

Would you prefer Noob's Ghostball to become more like a SF type slow fireball? Think something like Akuma's, possibly with an air variant. Or would you rather have it like it is currently, makes you unable to block his next attack, just with better frame data.

Just curious because I like to discuss random thoughts. :p
THISSSSSSS!!!!!

Cappuccino

Ermac player in training
Hey guys, a group of my friends are putting together a tag team MK9 tournament. I main Ermac and was thinking of using Noob as his partner. But I've only got five days to learn his bnb's. Any suggestions?

Also why don't more venues do tag team tournaments?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hey guys, a group of my friends are putting together a tag team MK9 tournament. I main Ermac and was thinking of using Noob as his partner. But I've only got five days to learn his bnb's. Any suggestions?

Also why don't more venues do tag team tournaments?
Because tag team in MK9 is more broken than petshop, kabal, cyrax, arakune, eddie, Sf2ST akuma, SF3TS Chun Li, and Toki combined.

Cappuccino

Ermac player in training
That I have no doubt about. It's more a problem of my lack of experience with the character vs my friend's Shang that he's used since the game came out. Even Ermac, which is my main, has troubles against his Shang. But after trying that 2v2 tournament, I know that I won't be trying that again. Least not on a competitive level. Still playing as Noob was fun against everyone else at the tourney (bar Kabal players). I think I might make him my secondary or tertiary char for a while. I love his corner game!

Hitoshura

Head Cage
That I have no doubt about. It's more a problem of my lack of experience with the character vs my friend's Shang that he's used since the game came out. Even Ermac, which is my main, has troubles against his Shang. But after trying that 2v2 tournament, I know that I won't be trying that again. Least not on a competitive level. Still playing as Noob was fun against everyone else at the tourney (bar Kabal players). I think I might make him my secondary or tertiary char for a while. I love his corner game!
His corner game is good if you're good with mixing up gimmicks. Otherwise it's okay. Other characters can do what Noob does, but better in the corner and everywhere else. ;_;