What's new

It came from the Shadows! - Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
GL man i reallly think you will need it... just beware of noobs telleport, thing is blockable on reaction so its not the same as on line...
And GL to you too Grolarbear, i dont really agree with you guys about noob beeing that good, but its not like i want to see him do bad so make us proud :)

lol and GL Hito, next time maybe. i hope you r finally out of noobs auto pilot mode
thank you very much :) i appreciate it, and ik man noobs teleport is something i use very differently i believe so i shud be able to do some damage with it in a way thats not as easy to just block

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I don't play Noob as a main. When I do, I just do basic strings into projectile mixup/faux jump ins to tele slam at times. Noob sits right in between characters I've put hard time into and characters I put no time into. I know just enough about him to possibly win(online) or against someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Because he's a complete badass. I love how he throws out the shadow as a projectile, and his general play style is a lot about reading and conditioning your opponent. There is no other character that attracts me so.

gdf

Noob
Out of fear of ATL R3dd, I read that Noob was a bad match-up for Liu Kang. I never fought him in a tourney though, thankfully though I found out by accident that Noob was a good counter to Kenshi.
(Okay, I sub Noob Saibot, but I wanted to participate in this thread dammit)

Out of fear of ATL R3dd, I read that Noob was a bad match-up for Liu Kang. I never fought him in a tourney though, thankfully though I found out by accident that Noob was a good counter to Kenshi.
(Okay, I sub Noob Saibot, but I wanted to participate in this thread dammit)
wait........I thought ATL Redd played Smoke?

gdf

Noob
wait........I thought ATL Redd played Smoke?
Well actually, he started with Liu Kang playing the game. Then sometime later he picked up Smoke, and then made one of the most hype matches in MK9 history, but that is another story.

D. R.

Noob
Because I am Noob Saibot. "I CAN DO THAT!!!"

P.S.: I updated the Noob Guide a bit. Match ups will be updated as well starting with KL once I get the time.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Thread closed.

This could have been posted in the general discussion. How many times do I have to tell everyone?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Hitoshura its a legit question and noob players should be allowed to discuss. why would you want noob players to go else where to discuss their fav character? this is his forum where discussion whether it be fluff or game play should be discussed here..

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Noob Saibot users of this forum already know that any other discussion that isnt a combo, video, frame data, and or mu discussion should go to the general discussion thread.

Only rule that does not apply to this is if u find some ground breaking stuff. Like new tech then u can post a thread about it.

I'm not a fan of forums with threads cluttered everywhere that are un used or could be put somewhere else. This thread is just general talk and should go to a general thread. Sage has made a bunch of these threads b4 and each time i have told him to post it in the proper thread is all.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
List your reasons below, seeing as how this specific forum is dead and another opinion-run thread wouldn't hurt.

Tell me, why did you originally choose Noob over the other characters in this game?
Are you asking someone specifically or everyone?

iroku

Noob
i got bodied today online by a telle spamming noob... i was so sad since i m testing my new hitbox and i have to get used to it again and the triggers on this is one is not even neutral so i cant even block lol...holy crap it really pissed me off... i kept trying to d4 his telle lolol

Wemfs

Everyone who uses Noob.
Why.
We probably like Noob for the same reasons you do.

I love everything about him... his voice, his bad ass fighting stance where he leaves one arm hangin low, his combos and specials (especially those portals), the way he fucking laughs at your ass after you win a round and after a throw, the fact that he's an all black shadow wraith, and his two little words he says at the beginning of a fight. Fear me.

Originally I started with Sub because he was another favorite of mine, but once I saw my friend play with Noob I said fuck Sub, I'm picking up Noob. I haven't looked back since.

Wemfs

Exactly Sage. All of the above. Everything about him is bad ass.

Durango

Enhancer
I just J2 them into B1 normally. Noob isn't combo heavy, but I like to have that as an option in case they get close.