What's new

Question - High Tech Is high tech plausible?

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Hi I main heavy weapons Jackson Briggs and his pressure based gameplay seems to coincide with how high tech works but I can't find any threads where anyone is talking about that variation so I was wondering is she plausible and can someone direct me to a thread with breakdowns and combos because a lot of her basics seem to have the same input but different names and she seems to be lacking a lot of tools thanks.

I think so, her flaws before imo was not being able to continue pressure after a mix up and near 0 anti airs.

Not that she has it her only weak point would be getting in and good armor move.

But once you get in though, you should be able to stay in and keep pressure going a lot easier while mixing up.

Kingshootahz

I think so, her flaws before imo was not being able to continue pressure after a mix up and near 0 anti airs.

Not that she has it her only weak point would be getting in and good armor move.

But once you get in though, you should be able to stay in and keep pressure going a lot easier while mixing up.
Sounds like she's gonna be a lot of work if you could point me to some videos or guides that'd be appreciated :)

I havn't seen any, i will be making one, it should be out in parts by the end of next week... Very busy these days...

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I picked her up a few weeks before the buffs and loved her then but the inability to continue block pressure after b33 made me not take her seriously. Now she's one of the few characters I'm seriously trying to play.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
It's tough with high tech, with jacqui's stubby limbs and the fact that high-tech is one of the few variations that has 0 fullscreen presence in this game it makes her strength (pressure/frametraps) hard to apply.
I used to be a high-tech main since launch and switched to full-auto and Naginata Tanya coz it was insanely tough to do anything against anyone with good normals or any form of zoning almost.
She has some dirt and crazy damage in high tech and otg setups once the gauntlets are charged but her charge is the hardest to utilize imo and it's only really useful in the corner so good luck getting them there..
In short i think it's viable but it's too much work and has a lot of uphill matchups to be really worth it. Shotgun and Full-auto are much much better and cover a lot of her weaknesses that become evident in high tech.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's tough with high tech, with jacqui's stubby limbs and the fact that high-tech is one of the few variations that has 0 fullscreen presence in this game it makes her strength (pressure/frametraps) hard to apply.
I used to be a high-tech main since launch and switched to full-auto and Naginata Tanya coz it was insanely tough to do anything against anyone with good normals or any form of zoning almost.
She has some dirt and crazy damage in high tech and otg setups once the gauntlets are charged but her charge is the hardest to utilize imo and it's only really useful in the corner so good luck getting them there..
In short i think it's viable but it's too much work and has a lot of uphill matchups to be really worth it. Shotgun and Full-auto are much much better and cover a lot of her weaknesses that become evident in high tech.
Yea HT is MU dependent. Great for MU's where both of you have to get inside to fight, horrible for that Quan Chi.

i agree but i guess thats the point of the variation. once shes in especially cornered she can pressure u too death with her mixups. but catching the opponent is a lot of effort. but shes the in your face variation . she has 10 or 11 true block strings i found so far and has the best chip damage in the game (after sorcerer quan) with her level 2 charge. her b33 cancel is still like plus 4 and b3 cancel is a true block string along with many more. i just wish her f1 was a bit quicker and id be happy

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
For a character who can't do a single thing, her shield could use a little bit faster startup up. You have to do it slightly pre-emptive right now instead of pure reaction every time.
I agree with this. But at least you gain a good amount of meter when you use it, combined with absorbing a projectile.
That being faster, as well as the gauntlet charge being a big faster would be a plus in my book.

But you get what you get.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I agree with this. But at least you gain a good amount of meter when you use it, combined with absorbing a projectile.
That being faster, as well as the gauntlet charge being a big faster would be a plus in my book.

But you get what you get.
Yea. Even if it was a variation specific thing like the OTG Air Pound. Like for it to be faster in HT specifically. I don't think it's "needed" so to say in SG or FA, but in HT I think she definitely can use it. She's a sitting duck in HT past mid screen.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
What's wrong with High Tech's projectile barrier thing?
slow recovery, characters like Liu can just keep tossing fireballs and the second one will catch your recovery after you absorbed the first.
Not much of a reward even if they don't punish it's recovery. Not to mention it doesn't work on all projectiles (Quan Rune, Kotal sword, Jax's machine gun/ex pink shit etc).
If anything you're better off using the quick burst to cancel the projectile if you're in HT coz you recover much quicker, plus you can hold it and if they jump you release the charged up one to anti-air and knock them to the corner and you have the threat of RCing as well.

i agree but i guess thats the point of the variation. once shes in especially cornered she can pressure u too death with her mixups. but catching the opponent is a lot of effort. but shes the in your face variation . she has 10 or 11 true block strings i found so far and has the best chip damage in the game (after sorcerer quan) with her level 2 charge. her b33 cancel is still like plus 4 and b3 cancel is a true block string along with many more. i just wish her f1 was a bit quicker and id be happy
Not counting FF Liu Kang?

Haven't messed with HT after the patch but can she do more than 1 QBRC on block now or is it still just 1 for whatever reason?

And 10 strings? aside from b14, 1212 and b3 what else jails so you can QBRC then do a string afterwards?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
slow recovery, characters like Liu can just keep tossing fireballs and the second one will catch your recovery after you absorbed the first.
Not much of a reward even if they don't punish it's recovery. Not to mention it doesn't work on all projectiles (Quan Rune, Kotal sword, Jax's machine gun/ex pink shit etc).
If anything you're better off using the quick burst to cancel the projectile if you're in HT coz you recover much quicker, plus you can hold it and if they jump you release the charged up one to anti-air and knock them to the corner and you have the threat of RCing as well.

Haven't messed with HT after the patch but can she do more than 1 QBRC on block now or is it still just 1 for whatever reason?

And 10 strings? aside from b14, 1212 and b3 what else jails so you can QBRC then do a string afterwards?
For a character who can't do a single thing, her shield could use a little bit faster startup up. You have to do it slightly pre-emptive right now instead of pure reaction every time.
Damn seems like NRS follows a pattern with certain moves lol. It'd be cool if she sent out a projectile in response to absorbing it. Do you get anything besides meter like maybe a gauntlet charge?

In my opinion, for a character who has no projectile, average footsies and weak antiairs, her pressure and damage is simply not good enough. But I would love to be proved wrong.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Damn seems like NRS follows a pattern with certain moves lol. It'd be cool if she sent out a projectile in response to absorbing it. Do you get anything besides meter like maybe a gauntlet charge?
Well if you EX it instead of absorbing it will reflect the projectile. Too risky to try unless on a read though against a worthwhile projectile like Sub's Ice ball.

In my opinion, for a character who has no projectile, average footsies and weak antiairs, her pressure and damage is simply not good enough. But I would love to be proved wrong.
u on xbox one?

if u compare lius buff damage on block then jaquis is much more per string.
b1 . b14 . 3 . 33 . f1 . f12 . b2 . b3 . 12 . 121 . 21 and f2 making it 12 strings/stand normals that guarantee s1 after Qbrc but obviously can be poked after . with b2 Qbrc you get continued pressure after as your opponent will have to be standing so any s1 will connect after. also b2 Qbrc gives u a free oh low option after if quick enough . but can be armoured out of. with her d3 being 7 frames , s1 6 frames and lots of her strings are plus 2 making her a big threat in the corner games with her double buff and ridiculous damage and ridiculous chip damage . still lots too find im with her cancels and exactly how plus each one is but ill keep looking into it

Kingshootahz

Wow this got allot of comments which I wasn't even alerted about but now that I've spent more time with her I can say this, if you mess up even once with her prepare to get blown to smithereens as getting back in with her is amazingly hard as shit her arms make her punishes whiff a lot and no full screen projectile in a game of who's who of who can throw the most projectile spam she is sadly a non contender oh and walk block? Better not make a mistake that you don't end up full screen again. The only viable way I see playing her is to rush down, rush down like a pimp for his money and Make reads at the same Damn time or get blown to Jackie bits and pieces