What's new

Video/Tutorial Invisible Hitbox setup

REO

Undead
This should be allowed for CSZ in competitive play. Even with it, it would still be difficult for him to win a major. Anyone who disagrees is not being logical. Don't even try comparing Kabal's invincibility glitch or Skarlet's. They are all completely different from each other and should be addressed as such.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Cool find. I tested to see if you could do the invincibility glitch with other characters too but to no avail. I just wish we could have found this earlier on.

Btw, this isn't a "playable" glitch. Some glitches are broken but are beatable in some way. The conditions to activate the glitch are irrelevant even if it was nearly impossible to do. When it's done, there's nothing you can do to win, thus game breaking. I know it's already going to be banned though, just saying.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I completely disagree with that REO, I think Cyber Sub's should be banned too. Anyone who truly knows about this game is aware that Cyber Sub Zero is at the very LEAST a top 5 character. It's simply one of those cases where the players using him don't have any fundamentals and convince the masses that the character is bad just so they can make excuses. Any top player could pick up Cyber Sub Zero within a week or two and get top 8 at a major with him. Adding invincibility just makes this worse.

REO

Undead
Cool find. I tested to see if you could do the invincibility glitch with other characters too but to no avail. I just wish we could have found this earlier on.

Btw, this isn't a "playable" glitch. Some glitches are broken but are beatable in some way. The conditions to activate the glitch are irrelevant even if it was nearly impossible to do. When it's done, there's nothing you can do to win, thus game breaking. I know it's already going to be banned though, just saying.
Dude, let's be serious here. CSZ has match-ups that are so difficult, it's near impossible to beat a high-level Kabal in a tournament setting. Do you know how difficult it is for the character to win one match against a top level Kabal? The odds are every one in ten games, and even that's stretching it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Dude, let's be serious here. CSZ has match-ups that are so difficult, it's near impossible to beat a high-level Kabal in a tournament setting. Do you know how difficult it is for the character to win one match against a top level Kabal? The odds are every one in ten games, and even that's stretching it.
Are you fucking stupid? It's called a parry. Zoning? Dash block in and start pressure instead of doing dumb shit.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...

That post came out of nowhere... Anyway, good work nonetheless, Doctrine. Are you working on finding all characters who may or may not have the glitch?
You can't imagine all the work that has given me this glitch, and tried all the characters in many ways I hope to have something new soon.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I realize that. And if the glitch was like a Glitch Jab where it was beatable, it'd be all good. But I just don't see how a 100% invincible glitch to where you can't do anything to beat it once it's done is something that should be "fair game". You know me, I hate rules and limiting stuff. But something like this glitch isn't something you can beat once it's done.

The best argument if I was you is that this glitch is like an infinite. Once you start an infinite, there's nothing you can do to get out of it. You can prevent yourself from getting put into an infinite (sometimes), but once it starts you can't do anything. And in this new competitive gaming era, infinites are banned or patched. It's not like old school MK where everything was allowed, ala infinites and glitch jabs.

REO

Undead
I realize that. And if the glitch was like a Glitch Jab where it was beatable, it'd be all good. But I just don't see how a 100% invincible glitch to where you can't do anything to beat it once it's done is something that should be "fair game". You know me, I hate rules and limiting stuff. But something like this glitch isn't something you can beat once it's done.

The best argument if I was you is that this glitch is like an infinite. Once you start an infinite, there's nothing you can do to get out of it. You can prevent yourself from getting put into an infinite (sometimes), but once it starts you can't do anything. And in this new competitive gamine era, infinites are banned or patched. It's not like old school MK where everything was allowed, ala infinites and glitch jabs.
It's not 100% guaranteed win. This was misinformation spread by the scrubs who have no idea what they're talking about and refuse to test things before they cry. If you sit there to maintain the glitch invincibility, then it's a 50/50 on whether player one or player two is decided for the round win since there are no ties. You would have to take a risk in trying to attack your opponent to secure the win, and this may cause the invincibility to wear off. So it's never 100% guaranteed win no matter what.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's not 100% guaranteed win. This was misinformation spread by the scrubs who have no idea what they're talking about and refuse to test things before they cry. If you sit there to maintain the glitch invincibility, then it's a 50/50 on whether player one or player two is decided for the round win since there are no ties. You would have to take a risk in trying to attack your opponent to secure the win, and this may cause the invincibility to wear off. So it's never 100% guaranteed win no matter what.
Well I didn't say it was a 100% guaranteed win, I said you were 100% invincible. Sure you have to take a minimal risk in attacking, but if you're unsuccessful you just play the round out. So it's not really a risk at all.

REO

Undead
Well I didn't say it was a 100% guaranteed win, I said you were 100% invincible. Sure you have to take a minimal risk in attacking, but if you're unsuccessful you just play the round out. So it's not really a risk at all.
There's always a risk. Here is the risk:

- You activate invincibility.
- You wait there for time-out while opponent builds full meter.
- Here comes the round winning 50/50, luck isn't on your side and it's given to the opponent.
- You lose the round.
- You now have to fight the opponent with full meter.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There's always a risk. Here is the risk:

- You activate invincibility.
- You wait there for time-out while opponent builds full meter.
- Here comes the round winning 50/50, luck isn't on your side and it's given to the opponent.
- You lose the round.
- You now have to fight the opponent with full meter.
Them building meter isn't a risk, it's a disadvantage. And this is assuming they have zero meter for the 2nd/3rd round, or even only 1 bar. If they already have 2 bars or full it's not that much of a worry. And while they're building meter they're opening themselves up. You can easily pick a good spot to your advantage to maximize your success and minimize your failure. And if you're smart you won't wait until the end of the round anyway. Since there's a chance you get hit and not the opponent, if that happens and there's only a few seconds left, you almost automatically lose. So it's best to attempt the attack earlier in the round for more than 1 reason.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
The best argument if I was you is that this glitch is like an infinite. Once you start an infinite, there's nothing you can do to get out of it. You can prevent yourself from getting put into an infinite (sometimes), but once it starts you can't do anything. And in this new competitive gaming era, infinites are banned or patched. It's not like old school MK where everything was allowed, ala infinites and glitch jabs.
werent those new found TAC infins let rock in umvc3?
(dont follow that scene but was told they were done at a tourny recently)

Maxter

Noob
Lmfao, he needz it =(. Reo is right, there is a 1/10 chance that Cyber Sub Zero can beat kabal at the highest possible level, so if CSZ activates this after he wins a round it would be fair for him to activate this glitch to make that 1 out of ten into 5 out of 10, this will really increase the chances for this character to win, this tech is really opening more doors for low tier character, keep up the good work doctrinedark, try to find one for sheeva and Kano so they can compete against the top tiers and maybe digimon can win some matches and stop blaming his losses to the game mechanics, this time the game mechanics will help him win =) :tonyt:REO:16Bit

REO

Undead
Them building meter isn't a risk, it's a disadvantage. And this is assuming they have zero meter for the 2nd/3rd round, or even only 1 bar. If they already have 2 bars or full it's not that much of a worry. And while they're building meter they're opening themselves up. You can easily pick a good spot to your advantage to maximize your success and minimize your failure. And if you're smart you won't wait until the end of the round anyway. Since there's a chance you get hit and not the opponent, if that happens and there's only a few seconds left, you almost automatically lose. So it's best to attempt the attack earlier in the round for more than 1 reason.
The risk was losing the round by the 50/50 game decider. And you realize CSZ's most practical way to activate this glitch through punishing an opponent's mistake, right? He can't just walk up and throw out 50/50s like Kabal to easily set this up. What if the opponent plays safe and doesn't use risky moves that are highly unsafe on block and whiff? You're gonna rely on just dashing up and doing random 2~bomb? This will just be putting your life on the line, god forbid it hits and you get away with it.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
werent those new found TAC infins let rock in umvc3?
(dont follow that scene but was told they were done at a tourny recently)
Yeah but they're extremely hard to do in a game where execution is insane. I guess because it's so difficult it was allowed, plus it only killed one character.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yeah but they're extremely hard to do in a game where execution is insane. I guess because it's so difficult it was allowed, plus it only killed one character.
really? there allowed on the basis there hard to do? oh marvel.
yea good point about that theres more than one char,didnt think of that :oops:

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
really? there allowed on the basis there hard to do? oh marvel.
yea good point about that theres more than one char,didnt think of that :oops:
That's the base reasoning at least. Zero's ToD combo is allowed too, but it's extremely difficult to pull off. Even if you practice constantly, it's hard to do right, especially since you ruin it all and lose combo potential if your opponent counters the TAC. So it's kind of risky to do, especially when you could have done a regular high damage BnB.

Even then, I think Infinites and ToD combos being allowed is just dumb, but eh.