What's new

Interesting Question

Choose:

• Total voters

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
If bans were actually set in tournament, would you prefer Kenshi or Kabal to be banned?

Kabal: Match-ups are either 5-5 or 6-4 Kabal's favor (Questionable if Kung Lao is 6-4 Lao's favor).

Kenshi: Match-ups are all over the place, but can shut down most of the cast with 7-3 Kenshi's favor or better.

Cyrax: A dropped combo is 20% higher than Jade's max damage bnb.

Last edited:
did you just say kung lao might 6-4 kabal????????? try the other way around.

Kenshi atleast has to deal with freddie and kung lao and other matchups which are close to even.

I would prefer cyrax to be banned though because any character who can kill you based off one mistake isn't fair, even if his tools aren't as overpowered as kenshi or kabals.

there is no suhc thing as 5-5 vs kabal, kabal beats everyone and worst then people might say. A lot of people claiim liu kang does well vs kabal, and he can, but in reality i would rather pick johnny cage vs a truly elite kabal player who knows the matchup because after dealing with nomad fakes and buzzsaw trades and flash parries and ruthless pressure on his high hitbox i would argue it is a 7-3 matchup, because despite being able to "outzone" vs him, kabal doesn't really give a shit nor is the zoning battle really in liu kangs favor, and still controls the game. Especially if kabal gets the life lead and trades buzzsaws all

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
honestly, they're both worth a ban, they can both shut down most the cast really well. I'd pick Kabal over Kenshi though.

If I had to pick something for people to do in mk, I'd say just play the game. yes, I know, there is a lot wrong, but that shouldn't kill the game for you. if kabal is really the total top 8, kills everyone and everything in the game why didn't every kabal place well? why did cyrax win evo? it seems like all people did was go "fuck Reo, fuck kabal, and fuck this game."

I think if we all just started playing the game again and not worry and complained we would all enjoy it as we did.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
Kenshi has my vote... You can drop cyrax combos and you can mess up your execution with kabal.. But there is just no unbreaking, the broken sack of shit that is kenshi.

7-3's or 8-2's 70% of the cast.

I've never seen a kabal or cyrax player do really well and thought this guy sucks.. But I have seen forever king beat dizzy with kenshi lol

coolwhip

Noob
Questionable if Kung Lao is 6-4 Lao's favor).
There is virtually no way Lao beats Kabal. Even suggesting that it's 5-5 is a bit of a stretch but I can at least see an argument for that. I see zero arguments for Lao winning the match-up other than CD Jr. saying it.

As far as the question goes, the answer would be Kabal but then Kenshi becomes a terror (and that's the way it works if you ban a character. The second most dominant one will take its place).

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
As a Kenshi main I would say Kabal.

Kabal has: basically unlimited meter with IGB's and Dash Cancels, no bad MU's and MAYBE one even MU, a completly safe armored combo starter (EX NMD cancel in B1, 2, 1), can save for a breaker and get in the corner, go for a YOLO jip and at worst break if he gets AA'd to dash to the other side FREE and start all that zoning again, and a standing reset (f4).

Kenshi obliterates some non viable characters, true. He however has very even MU's to the most tournament viable characters (Lao 3-7, Cyrax 6-4, 4-6 Kabal, Freddy 5-5).

He struggles to build meter, he has a GIGANTIC hitbox, and low damage output.

I'm not downplaying Kenshi because he is an amazing character but he is nowhere near the broken piece of shit Kabal is.

coolwhip

Noob
As a Kenshi main I would say Kabal.

Kabal has: basically unlimited meter with IGB's and Dash Cancels, no bad MU's and MAYBE one even MU, a completly safe armored combo starter (EX NMD cancel in B1, 2, 1), can save for a breaker and get in the corner, go for a YOLO jip and at worst break if he gets AA'd to dash to the other side FREE and start all that zoning again, and a standing reset (f4).

Kenshi obliterates some non viable characters, true. He however has very even MU's to the most tournament viable characters (Lao 3-7, Cyrax 6-4, 4-6 Kabal, Freddy 5-5).

He struggles to build meter, he has a GIGANTIC hitbox, and low damage output.

I'm not downplaying Kenshi because he is an amazing character but he is nowhere near the broken piece of shit Kabal is.
Not to play match-up cop, but the idea that Kung Lao beats Kenshi 7-3 died pretty much after 2012. That's a 6-4, and closer to 5-5 than it is to 7-3.

And how the hell does Kenshi struggle to build meter when he's always touching you anywhere on the screen and forcing you to block? Kenshi is among the characters that build the most meter in the game. There's a reason a good Kenshi player with proper meter management can always resort to armor with little consequence.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Personally, I think if you ban one of them another will take up the mantle. However I'd probably ban Kabal because I find that I can handle Kenshi really well. Maybe I'm not playing against good Kenshi's online but offline I seem to do fine against @Youphemism 's Kenshi. I vote Kabal!

As for Cyrax... You just better not make a mistake against him. Or else. ;)

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
If bans were actually set in tournament, would you prefer Kenshi or Kabal to be banned?

Kabal: Match-ups are either 5-5 or 6-4 Kabal's favor (Questionable if Kung Lao is 6-4 Lao's favor).

Kenshi: Match-ups are all over the place, but can shut down most of the cast with 7-3 Kenshi's favor or better.

Cyrax: A dropped combo is 20% higher than Jade's max damage bnb.
Kabal beats every single character in the game 6-4 or worse. And honestly he only has three or four 6-4 matchups, besides those three or four matchups he beats every other character in the game 7-3 or worse. He has zero 5-5's. Kung Lao loses 4-6 for sure to Kabal

Kenshi at least loses to Kung Lao and has like seven or eight 5-5 matchups. So even if Kabal was banned many characters can still compete with him.

Cyrax doesn't lose to anyone besides Kabal but he at least has seven or eight 5-5 matchups. He probably has seven or eight 6-4 matchups too so alot of characters can compete with him or at least be at slight disadvantage

It's kind of obvious who should be banned. Nobody can compete with Kabal except Kabal. And only a handful of characters are at slight disadvantage 4-6, the rest of the cast gets BODIED

Kabal beats every single character in the game 6-4 or worse. And honestly he only has three or four 6-4 matchups, besides those three or four matchups he beats every other character in the game 7-3 or worse. He has zero 5-5's. Kung Lao loses 4-6 for sure to Kabal

Kenshi at least loses to Kung Lao and has like seven or eight 5-5 matchups. So even if Kabal was banned many characters can still compete with him.

Cyrax doesn't lose to anyone besides Kabal but he at least has seven or eight 5-5 matchups. He probably has seven or eight 6-4 matchups too so alot of characters can compete with him or at least be at slight disadvantage

It's kind of obvious who should be banned. Nobody can compete with Kabal except Kabal. And only a handful of characters are at slight disadvantage 4-6, the rest of the cast gets BODIED
there's characters that "beat" cyrax, and then a player's anti-air gets stuffed for 100%, cyrax is the one i hate the most

Not to play match-up cop, but the idea that Kung Lao beats Kenshi 7-3 died pretty much after 2012. That's a 6-4, and closer to 5-5 than it is to 7-3.

And how the hell does Kenshi struggle to build meter when he's always touching you anywhere on the screen and forcing you to block? Kenshi is among the characters that build the most meter in the game. There's a reason a good Kenshi player with proper meter management can always resort to armor with little consequence.
you should have learned from last time...

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.

Kenshi does not build anywhere near the "most meter in the game." His moves, even on block are not building very much meter and he is not touching characters at all points in time. His teleflurry can be dashed through and builds hardley any meter, he DS are terrible if wiffed, and his normals suck ass... he risks getting JIP by just throwing armor out and his prone to being crossed over if he gets armor happy to escape pressure.

Bird Lao and his 7 frame S2 that hits a low blocking Kenshi shits all over him... that is a HARD 6-4 and nowhere even close to a 5-5.

coolwhip

Noob
LOL @ Kenshi's normals "sucking ass." If someone says that, they really don't understand how Kenshi works. Kenshi doesn't need overwhelmingly good normals. He intends on keeping you out, and the moment you're within dash range he can just dash in and do his 50/50 (you know,by actually using his normals). Yeah, Kenshi's f3 with its great range and phantom hitbox totally "sucks ass." His d3 is great for lowering his hitbox, both his standing 1 and standing 2's are really good anti-airs, and the moment you're in on him, d3/d1 into ex shoulder and you're either out again, or he's at +8. And of course, nobody mentions Kenshi's corner game too much because well, he doesn't even need it in most match-ups. But it's pretty damn good.

Also Kenshi struggling to build meter might just be my favorite TYM comment of 2014.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
LOL @ Kenshi's normals "sucking ass." If someone says that, they really don't understand how Kenshi works. Kenshi doesn't need overwhelmingly good normals. He intends on keeping you out, and the moment you're within dash range he can just dash in and do his 50/50 (you know,by actually using his normals). Yeah, Kenshi's f3 with its great range and phantom hitbox totally "sucks ass." His d3 is great for lowering his hitbox, both his standing 1 and standing 2's are really good anti-airs, and the moment you're in on him, d3/d1 into ex shoulder and you're either out again, or he's at +8. And of course, nobody mentions Kenshi's corner game too much because well, he doesn't even need it in most match-ups. But it's pretty damn good.

Also Kenshi struggling to build meter might just be my favorite TYM comment of 2014.
poor kenshi must be hard throwing everyone back to fullscreen with 1 move over and over :( .. you forgot to mention his shitty b2 also. it's so bad like... why does anyone play this guy

Kenshi has one of the best normals in the game with f3 and b2, it's a safe 50/50 both with good range, f3 even has a phantom hitbox. Kenshi can make you block all day and then he can come in with his 50/50's for free. The spirit charge is a tool that can be used in a lot of situations. It's an 8 frame poke special move that has more range than kitana's 21, the vertical hitbox on it also allows you to anti air with it.

coolwhip

Noob
Kenshi has one of the best normals in the game with f3 and b2, it's a safe 50/50 both with good range, f3 even has a phantom hitbox. Kenshi can make you block all day and then he can come in with his 50/50's for free. The spirit charge is a tool that can be used in a lot of situations. It's an 8 frame poke special move that has more range than kitana's 21, the vertical hitbox on it also allows you to anti air with it.
To be clear, I was sarcastic about F3 sucking ass.