What's new

Inside the Mind of KillTron187 - An Exclusive TYM Interview

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Hey gang, BanTheTesters here again, and while Final Round 19 might be over the hype for the event sure isn't. Something interesting happened during the tournament when a 17 year old young man by the name of @killtron187 stepped up to the plate to see who was the best at MKXL...and the results as pointed out in a thread video post by @EVB Alright RyRy were well...if you have not see it already you might want to take a look...

I got the chance to talk to KillTron187 and run a few questions by him for TYM so that we could get to know him just a little better and who knows...you might just learn a few cool things..let's start the interview shell we?

BanTheTesters: To start tell us a little about yourself for those in the netherrealm who may not know you.

Killtron187: My name is troy Homer aka killtron187,my main is Jax and I secondary Mileena.

BanTheTesters: Can you tell us a little about you disability for those who do not know about it?

Killtron187:
I have Muscular Dystrophy (a disease that causes weakness and loss of muscle mass due to it interfering with protein production thus causing people to lose the ability to talk, swallow or even breath correctly), but to be honest I don't understand much about how it works.

BanTheTesters: How has life been? Before and after Final Round 19

Killtron187:
Life has been going pretty good before final round, I've made many friends online and we practice nearly everyday. We support each other's tournament desires.

BanTheTesters: When did you start playing fighting games?

Killtron187:
i started playing fighting games around 5 years old.

BanTheTesters: What is your favorite fighting game and why?

Killtron187:
my favorite fighting game is Mk. I have the most childhood memories of playing it, love the characters, and it has some of my favorite gameplay to watch and participate in.

BanTheTesters: Who are some of your favorite fighting game characters and why?

Killtron187:
Some of my favorite fighting game characters are jax, lilith from darkstalkers, and Mika from street fighter. I like these characters because they all have something I can relate to, jax wants to protect his family just like I want to defend the honor of many of my friends when I play just like they would do for me. Lilith doesn't want to be overshadowed by her sister lilith just like I want to be considered just as good as my friends. Mika's dream of becoming a wrestler is similar to my dream of becoming a pro gamer, even though some people doubt me.

BanTheTesters: I believe you said on stream that Final Round 19 was your 4th major, what is your history with fighting games?

Killtron187:
Before final round I competed in summer jam 9, NEC 16, and Winterbrawl x.

BanTheTesters: Will you be attending EVO2016?

Killtron187:
I don't know if I'll be attending evo but I hope I will. It's a possibility.

BanTheTesters: What was your Final Round Experience like, to see yourself up on stage etc?

Killtron187:
My final round experience was amazing and exhilarating. Seeing myself on stage made my motivated to show the world what I trained for and what I'm capable of. My adrenaline was on overdrive during my match.

BanTheTesters: What made you play Jax? Do you have a history though-out the MK franchise as playing him or was it just for MKX?

Killtron187:
Jax has been my favorite Mk character of all time since a started playing it. When i was a little kid I thought the metal arms were badass, but as a git older I gained more of a respect for his back story.

BanTheTesters: Do you only play NRS fighting games or do you play a little something of everything?

Killtron187:
I also play sfv, but I only really play two competitively right now.

BanTheTesters: Some have called your MKX play-style “risky” do you agree or is there a method to the gameplay?

Killtron187:
No there is a method to my gameplay. I like to condition my opponent to see how they will react to my offense, but mkx is a game full of mix ups and mind games, so you have to take risks. I usually pick and choose when to go in, or stay back.

BanTheTesters: Was that hype D1 at the end of the second round of the last game a read that Viking was going to throw or was it a risk hope for the best tactic?

Killtron187:
It was a read, because all scorpions like to do the overhead after the cancel to bait you so they get a full combo off of the hellfire reversal. When I saw he dropped the cancel I had a feeling he was still gonna go for the overhead.

BanTheTesters: What are some of your tips to help people get better at fighting games/MKX?

Killtron187: S
ome tips I would give to people is to practice daily, the main thing to practice is being in different situations so you can learn how to deal with them. And you should definitely have at least two characters, because there are a lot of characters in the game and not everything is favorable for one character. Also don't be afraid to take risks, and make sure you play with people on the same level, don't be afraid to challenge yourself.

BanTheTesters: Anything else to say to the fans?

Killtron187: I
f I could say anything to my fans it would be thank you. They supported me all the way and I have nothing but respect for them and for anyone in the FGC. Lots of love and respect to all.

Well I hope you guys enjoyed the interview and learned some new stuff,oh and a big shout-out to @killtron187 again for taking the time out of his week to answer some question for us on the TYM team!

You guys can follow Killtron on twitter here: https://twitter.com/TheFarmerJax and catch him on PSN via username kiLLtron187 and don't forget to welcome Killtron to the TYM site!

Sources:

Attachments

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Cool interview, one of my grandmothers had a disease very similar to this for years(forget the name but paralyzes your muscles). It sucks, glad he can play MK and enjoy it.

Reading this article made me remember the bio card for Kabal, when they created him they wanted him to have some sort of disability but be a badass at the same time ie the respirator, early sketches he had one arm was pretty cool. I like how they have characters all so different. It's one thing IMO that separates MK from other fighters. You have aliens(not that alien) people from other worlds, cyborgs, Gods, sorcerers, metahumans, cyromancers, demons, enigmas, ghosts, normal humans, reptilian people, deities, disabled, non disabled, various races etc, etc

This is one big reason why I've always loved MK, lots of diversity. This is a cool video.

@killtron keep going man that was one of the most hype moment i saw this year in MKX this is my first ever post on TYM but you personally inspired me to keep playing im maining Jax too i did my first Local today and i used your D1 guess after a scorpion vortex too that he went for a overhead anyway you are very talented i wish you the best.

Kudos to the ppl chanting and been good sports MK community is just the best

Matix218

Get over here!
I have a question for someone who understands MD or for @killtron187. Does it affect your ability to execute dexterity related tasks with your hands (like playing fighting games for example)? Because killtron despite being at a stage of MD where he is in a wheelchair seemed to have really good execution with Jax which I thought was really incredible. Does the disease target certain muscle groups and not others?