What's new

Injustice without interactables tournament

haketh

Noob
Nah, if you could still have BGB then maybe I'd be for it, but the game was built around Interactable & theirs a ton of interesting things you can do with them that outweigh the negatives. Plus I feel it really wouldnt change who would be winning or doing well all that much, it's not like Smash items & stages where things are random.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Glad my tourney could start the debate! Definitely enjoyed watching the game more but with interactables off 2/3 might be better than 3/5 because I agree the matches were longer than usual.

I wish background bounces were considered transitions :(

I'm all for it the next Monster Island tourney but as always I'll let the players decide!

7L

Heads up!
I've been talking with Rapzilla about this and we think it'd be fun. Feels like a completely different game. I'm down for it! But it would be hard to get the whole community to agree since we've been playing with the interactables for like how long....

trufenix

bye felicia
Can we just get this Bitch out of the way so people will stop thinking this will magically fix all things?

As a shazam main, I am thrilled to have my desperate slugfest against the top tiers become even more desperate.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
This argument is going to take me back.

Interactables lead to higher damage, which makes the game more random. Depending on your point of view this is either more "hype" (comebacks are more possible) or less "competitive" (you just need to hit them a couple times, not consistently).

Or teleporting characters laugh at them and just make things one-sided. (Balance, ha!)

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
No.. Game is basically molded around interactables..As a little side tornie it'll be kool but not a main tornie

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Well the game is designed with interactables as part of the system. Interactable control and awareness is part of the game.

It's part of the balance too, esp with how stages work. Like, Nightwing might have a slight edge on my character but with interactables in play it evens it out to a 5-5. Green Arrow might struggle against a lot of the cast but on Fortress he can compete pretty well. This is how the game was designed and how we've been playing and training in it for a year and a half, I don't like the idea of changing it because some non-power mains are salty lol

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I've been for it for quite awhile. Go ahead and do one at this point. Bane will love it.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
For those that want to check tournament play without interactables on you can hit up the Archive at http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/589304479 and go to the 3 hour mark. Several comebacks, Nightwing and KF top 3 performances. The only thing I might want to change for the next tourney if the players want to keep them off is switch to 2/3 since the game is faaaarrr less random. @KDZ @R.E.O. @FOREVER EL1TE @DarthArma @Decay @Icy Black Deep @Josh Owens

@Perfect Legend add some poll options to this bad boy!

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
Weve tried tournaments like this and they are incredibly boring. The interactables help force action and certain spacing.

Error

DF2+R2
If somehow BGBs stayed on I wouldn't mind, but I think they play a huge factor for some characters.